Wheelersburg 52 Portsmouth West 7 Round 1 Region 20 2018

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Re: Region 20 #8 Portsmouth West @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Wburgfan »

Cato wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:05 am
Wburgfan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:57 pm I think the whole recruiting topic is completely comical and it’s funny that everyone seems to center it around football or boy specifically.
You're correct in it's not just football. Basketball last year how many starters outside of Tanner Holden were Wheelersburg kids?
Lowery - Portsmouth
Truitt - Webster (big fuss over his transfer)
Was there another or 2?

Let's be clear what the conversation is about. If competitive balance did anything, it made public record the number of out of district players on a team. Noone said players were transfering in after 9th grade. The only two lately that I'm aware of are Lowery and Wilson this year. Its the crazy number of out of district players.
Also people are referencing the large influx of transfers in the current 8th and 9th grades. Grades which were weak until multiple transfers showed up in football and basketball.

There has been a couple threads on this over on the JR. High Forum. Some shady things happened at the state championship game last year including players from other schools on trips. Kids talk. Talk of trips, OSU/Mich game tickets, etc. You also have people contacting players and parents at other schools. Random adults shouldn't be contacting 13/14 year old children. When questioned the only answer you get is show hard proof and the OHSAA doesn't care about middle school or parental involvement anyways. Shady things need to be brought to the limelight or they will only get worse.
Wow so out of all that all you got out of it. I guess you weren’t catching any ground with the Burg holding kids back to win stuff that you had to up your game to recruiting. You are rediculous. Every sport in Wheelersburg is successful. That tells you is a system that makes these kids successful. Good coaching and hard work has made it that way. If you want to compete with a program like start working with your school and help them get better. Stop trying to complain about a successful program and take lesson from them and adapt to help your community.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Hope we have a good game to watch Saturday. Thought West played well Friday. Just gave up 3 or 4 big plays that was the difference in the game. Gotta move the ball some and score some points to take pressure off the defense. Both teams should be jacked to play. Hopefully the breaks go our way

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

Westfan wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:13 am Hope we have a good game to watch Saturday. Thought West played well Friday. Just gave up 3 or 4 big plays that was the difference in the game. Gotta move the ball some and score some points to take pressure off the defense. Both teams should be jacked to play. Hopefully the breaks go our way
I also wouldn't mind to watch a good game, however I don't see that its possible. 360 some yards to 98 last Friday, in mud and rain at West. Wheelersburg did have a few big plays for TD's but they also had many big plays called back for penalties. West only had one big play for their score. I was impressed with the sportsmanship from both schools. Nice to see this day and age.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

footballelite wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:59 am
Westfan wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:13 am Hope we have a good game to watch Saturday. Thought West played well Friday. Just gave up 3 or 4 big plays that was the difference in the game. Gotta move the ball some and score some points to take pressure off the defense. Both teams should be jacked to play. Hopefully the breaks go our way
I also wouldn't mind to watch a good game, however I don't see that its possible. 360 some yards to 98 last Friday, in mud and rain at West. Wheelersburg did have a few big plays for TD's but they also had many big plays called back for penalties. West only had one big play for their score. I was impressed with the sportsmanship from both schools. Nice to see this day and age.
Also, almost half of those 98 yards came on the 1 big play.

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

I dont see this one being close but lets hope for a good injury free game. good luck to both teams! go burg!

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Wburgfan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:57 pm I think the whole recruiting topic is completely comical and it’s funny that everyone seems to center it around football or boy specifically.
You're correct in it's not just football. Basketball last year how many starters outside of Tanner Holden were Wheelersburg kids?
Lowery - Portsmouth
Was there another or 2?

Let's be clear what the conversation is about. If competitive balance did anything, it made public record the number of out of district players on a team. Noone said players were transfering in after 9th grade. The only two lately that I'm aware of are Lowery and Wilson this year. Its the crazy number of out of district players.
Also people are referencing the large influx of transfers in the current 8th and 9th grades. Grades which were weak until multiple transfers showed up in football and basketball.

There has been a couple threads on this over on the JR. High Forum. Some shady things happened at the state championship game last year including players from other schools on trips. Kids talk. Talk of trips, OSU/Mich game tickets, etc. You also have people contacting players and parents at other schools. Random adults shouldn't be contacting 13/14 year old children. When questioned the only answer you get is show hard proof and the OHSAA doesn't care about middle school or parental involvement anyways. Shady things need to be brought to the limelight or they will only get worse.
Don’t forget about the 06-07 Wheelersburg final four teams with 2 Minford implants , one being a D1 player while the other being one of the best guards in the area.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

FalconFever02 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 am
Lowery - Portsmouth
Was there another or 2?

Don’t forget about the 06-07 Wheelersburg final four teams with 2 Minford implants , one being a D1 player while the other being one of the best guards in the area.
check your regional final winning baseball roster, burg would like to have a couple of those guys back that started out here. :lol:

InReality
Riding the Bench

Post by InReality »

Soooo, you give any good team a second chance against a better team and crazy things happen. Guns to the wall.. this thing is gonna be close at halftime at least. IDC what yall say. Burg may pull away, maybe 35-22 or something like that.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

It won't be close.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

this is hilarious! Bunch of crybabies!

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Cato is obviously well versed on CB rules , but Cato went off the deep end with that last post . Trips , OSU - Mich Tix , In my best Allen Iverson voice " We talkin' High School " ?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Cato, you theories are great. I'd love to hear what you think about the JFK assassination, alien life form in area 51, the Russian involvement in the last presidential election, etc. Does the national enquirer know they are missing out on a wonderful writer?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

To much dismay, what will we do when we have to let go of Tanners cape?. But until then we are gonna enjoy the ride! Go Tanner. What a ride it has been.

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

CheeseBurger wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:41 am To much dismay, what will we do when we have to let go of Tanners cape?. But until then we are gonna enjoy the ride! Go Tanner. What a ride it has been.
No worries, I've been told that #29 has tried it on and said it fits wonderfully.

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

CheeseBurger wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:41 am To much dismay, what will we do when we have to let go of Tanners cape?. But until then we are gonna enjoy the ride! Go Tanner. What a ride it has been.
#29 is already wearing that cape

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Wburgfan wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:31 am
Lowery - Portsmouth
Was there another or 2?

Wow so out of all that all you got out of it. I guess you weren’t catching any ground with the Burg holding kids back to win stuff that you had to up your game to recruiting. You are rediculous. Every sport in Wheelersburg is successful. That tells you is a system that makes these kids successful. Good coaching and hard work has made it that way. If you want to compete with a program like start working with your school and help them get better. Stop trying to complain about a successful program and take lesson from them and adapt to help your community.
I know 2 kids in the 7th grade , that was approached at the fair by a guy from Burg. Told them he seen them play basketball this summer and was impressed with their game. Told them they should think about transferring to Burg. One of them just laughed and said he is not a bandwagon jumper. Ask any of the best athletes in the area that are not at Burg and most of them have been approached by someone wanting them to transfer to Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 pm
Wburgfan wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:31 am

Lowery - Portsmouth
Was there another or 2?

I know 2 kids in the 7th grade , that was approached at the fair by a guy from Burg. Told them he seen them play basketball this summer and was impressed with their game. Told them they should think about transferring to Burg. One of them just laughed and said he is not a bandwagon jumper.
Was he a coach?

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

i herd the same theng from frends

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

It's getting worse than topix on here. SMH

SkyRocketMedia
Waterboy

Post by SkyRocketMedia »

The pirate indian wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:34 pm That video was pretty sweet! But I have to ask, where is skyrocket media? They dropped fantastic videos week in and week out last year. We need a call to arms for skyrocket media lol missing touch to this season so far.
Hey there! To answer your question, I did in fact move out of the area to Columbus. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the regular season games but I'll be there for all of the playoffs! Oh and there's this..... https://www.facebook.com/SkyRocketMedia ... 232039173/

Return to “Football”