New league formed

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

New league formed

Post by EasternDspy »

An agreement has made to start a new league. It will start in all sports but football in 2019

League will feature

River
Frontier
Bridgeport
Monroe Central
Shadyside
Possibly Magnolia

mattash
Site Admin

Re: New league formed

Post by mattash »

Fort Frye get the invite?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

mattash wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:21 pm Fort Frye get the invite?
No I don’t think River or Frontier want to play Fort Frye in football.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Roomer is that the Zeps are at fault for this league development because schools were fed up with them so they left the PVC. I think they mean Frontier and Monroe Central.

With skins, zeps and cadats the only teams left what will we do for leage going forward?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think the PVC is dead new teams don’t seem interested in the league.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:27 pm I think the PVC is dead new teams don’t seem interested in the league.
Agreed. The PVC was pretty much set on the teams it had. There isn’t really a lot they can draw from. Barnesville is the only one close in size and travel but they don’t seem to want in. And the other schools in the area are way too big (meadowbrook, Cambridge, Marietta, etc)

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Post by Lindy »

For there to be ANY hope here is what needs to happen.

With the three current members of the PVC, Fort Frye is probably most respected school in terms of athletics and what not. However, Fort Frye is not going to pull Barnesville and Union Local, just not going to happen.

The key here is for Barnesville, Union Local and Buckeye Trail to kind of be the "founders" of a new league (Barnesville has Mark Cook and Buckeye Trail has Aaron Bates, two very respected athletic directors).

From there, if those three could come to a consensus they could no doubt pull Shenandoah, Caldwell and Fort Frye.

1. The league is past its prime because it failed to keep up with the times. This league didnt have to die. Yes there was some scheduling issues when River left, then Buckeye Trail left. What needed to happen was fix the schedules to where the PVC games were at the back end of the schedule. But they chose to not really care.

2. Now that the league lacked leadership for so many years people are really just afraid of it, which I know is factual.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

What will they call this new league? Has this story been in the newspaper yet?
This would be a good league because only Monroe Central is not along the riverfront. Easy travel.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

carbon_dated wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:41 pm What will they call this new league? Has this story been in the newspaper yet?
This would be a good league because only Monroe Central is not along the riverfront. Easy travel.
I asked my source no name yet.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Thanks, EDSpy, if anyone is on top of anything PVC or Ft. Frye related it's you.
I'll keep an ear out up here if I hear any buzz.

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

Is it possible Fort applies to the TVC this winter ?

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
UrbanFMeyer
Waterboy

Post by UrbanFMeyer »

Why were they fed up with zhenadoah?

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Post by Lindy »

Don't do it wampdaddy he will make an excuse as to why Shenandoah did what they did

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

If Barnesville goes anywhere, it will be to this league.

A couple others possible too in the coming years.

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

From what I was told, Shenandoah FB was pissing people off because they were manipulating their schedule and in order to play certain teams that they wanted, they were trying to move games around and find opponents for other schools - obviously, this didn't sit well with other schools.

If that other league mentioned above is true, Shadyside will win the vast majority of titles in all sports.

UrbanFMeyer
Waterboy

Post by UrbanFMeyer »

Lindy wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:49 pm Don't do it wampdaddy he will make an excuse as to why Shenandoah did what they did
This directed at me? Dude, I’m not a Shenandoah guy. Just curious

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

mondayamqb wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:59 pm From what I was told, Shenandoah FB was pissing people off because they were manipulating their schedule and in order to play certain teams that they wanted, they were trying to move games around and find opponents for other schools - obviously, this didn't sit well with other schools.

If that other league mentioned above is true, Shadyside will win the vast majority of titles in all sports.
Pretty much told Frontier play week 8 or don’t play us at all.

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Post by Lindy »

A lot of manipulation.

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:55 pm
mondayamqb wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:59 pm From what I was told, Shenandoah FB was pissing people off because they were manipulating their schedule and in order to play certain teams that they wanted, they were trying to move games around and find opponents for other schools - obviously, this didn't sit well with other schools.

Pretty much told Frontier play week 8 or don’t play us at all.
I believe you, but I don't think it ended there from what I'm told. I was told that SHS also tried to set up opponents for Frontier for other weeks to help SHS schedule. I don't believe it was limited to Frontier either, but I can't say that for sure. The SHS and River situation named above is also true - I do know that

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

The biggest benefit to the AD’s for this league is just to get away from the drama that scheduling has become.

They are all in the OVAC, so a league isn’t necessarily a must have, but Shenandoah was a thorn in everyone’s side in multiple sports when it came to this. Not just with PVC schools.

I do think they add Barnesville in time. Perhaps a couple others. 8-10 teams is the goal.

Majority of these teams already play each other, so it’s an easy transition to get it started.

Return to “Football”