Wheelersburg 52 Portsmouth West 7 Round 1 Region 20 2018

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Region 20 #8 Portsmouth West @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

C860C744-87E9-478A-B1AE-03CD48038021.jpeg

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

D42C9BF6-171E-4F10-9648-9DD5D3277DAE.jpeg

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 pm I know 2 kids in the 7th grade , that was approached at the fair by a guy from Burg. Told them he seen them play basketball this summer and was impressed with their game. Told them they should think about transferring to Burg. One of them just laughed and said he is not a bandwagon jumper. Ask any of the best athletes in the area that are not at Burg and most of them have been approached by someone wanting them to transfer to Burg.
No way that happened man. You've read the posts. Burg don't recruit :lol: A group of kids whom never played on the same AAU or Travel Baseball team just out of the blue decide to build a super team like the Heat or the Warriors. What a bunch of bologna

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:53 pm
packers80 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:35 am Cato, you theories are great. I'd love to hear what you think about the JFK assassination, alien life form in area 51, the Russian involvement in the last presidential election, etc. Does the national enquirer know they are missing out on a wonderful writer?
Bet he knows what happened to D.B Cooper! :)
JFK. Grassy Knoll. Lyndon Johnson had him whacked

Area 51. Yes it happened

Russian Collusion - No

DB Cooper is alive. Robert Rackstraw

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 pm
Wburgfan wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:31 am
Cato wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:05 am

You're correct in it's not just football. Basketball last year how many starters outside of Tanner Holden were Wheelersburg kids?
Lowery - Portsmouth
Truitt - Webster (big fuss over his transfer)
Was there another or 2?

Let's be clear what the conversation is about. If competitive balance did anything, it made public record the number of out of district players on a team. Noone said players were transfering in after 9th grade. The only two lately that I'm aware of are Lowery and Wilson this year. Its the crazy number of out of district players.
Also people are referencing the large influx of transfers in the current 8th and 9th grades. Grades which were weak until multiple transfers showed up in football and basketball.

There has been a couple threads on this over on the JR. High Forum. Some shady things happened at the state championship game last year including players from other schools on trips. Kids talk. Talk of trips, OSU/Mich game tickets, etc. You also have people contacting players and parents at other schools. Random adults shouldn't be contacting 13/14 year old children. When questioned the only answer you get is show hard proof and the OHSAA doesn't care about middle school or parental involvement anyways. Shady things need to be brought to the limelight or they will only get worse.
Wow so out of all that all you got out of it. I guess you weren’t catching any ground with the Burg holding kids back to win stuff that you had to up your game to recruiting. You are rediculous. Every sport in Wheelersburg is successful. That tells you is a system that makes these kids successful. Good coaching and hard work has made it that way. If you want to compete with a program like start working with your school and help them get better. Stop trying to complain about a successful program and take lesson from them and adapt to help your community.
I know 2 kids in the 7th grade , that was approached at the fair by a guy from Burg. Told them he seen them play basketball this summer and was impressed with their game. Told them they should think about transferring to Burg. One of them just laughed and said he is not a bandwagon jumper. Ask any of the best athletes in the area that are not at Burg and most of them have been approached by someone wanting them to transfer to Burg.
Sounds like potential child predator situation. Who is going to talk to a 7th grader about switching schools? Parents make those decisions not 7th graders. Perhaps you bumped your head while riding the tilt a whirl?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Cato wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:19 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 pm I know 2 kids in the 7th grade , that was approached at the fair by a guy from Burg. Told them he seen them play basketball this summer and was impressed with their game. Told them they should think about transferring to Burg. One of them just laughed and said he is not a bandwagon jumper. Ask any of the best athletes in the area that are not at Burg and most of them have been approached by someone wanting them to transfer to Burg.
No way that happened man. You've read the posts. Burg don't recruit :lol: A group of kids whom never played on the same AAU or Travel Baseball team just out of the blue decide to build a super team like the Heat or the Warriors. What a bunch of bologna
Yes Burg recruitment is at an all time high. I heard that the schools pizza there is phenomenal not to mention the lavish bathrooms. These other schools are going to have to upgrade their facilities. Maybe the other schools can start a boosters programs and offer cars to parents of these kids.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:11 pm
Cato wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:19 pm
Yes Burg recruitment is at an all time high. I heard that the schools pizza there is phenomenal not to mention the lavish bathrooms. These other schools are going to have to upgrade their facilities. Maybe the other schools can start a boosters programs and offer cars to parents of these kids.
The Pony Express has nothing on Wheelersburg 😂😂

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Good luck to West and my good neighbor Garrett, and Isaiah! Play hard fellas!

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

West will score first on a long touchdown, play close for the first quarter-and-a-half, then get burnt out by Burg’s rotation.

Just like the last two meetings.

Burg wins 28-7 again. 🤮

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

West can win this football game if they do not turn the football over and limit big plays on defense. Leave it all on the field siders, you have nothing to hold back for, play your guts out, this community will be behind you!! Lets get this win and have a parade all the way back down 52 to the west side!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Runner00 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:51 am West can win this football game if they do not turn the football over and limit big plays on defense. Leave it all on the field siders, you have nothing to hold back for, play your guts out, this community will be behind you!! Lets get this win and have a parade all the way back down 52 to the west side!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This game is gonna be just as bad if not worse than last wk

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:22 am
Runner00 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:51 am West can win this football game if they do not turn the football over and limit big plays on defense. Leave it all on the field siders, you have nothing to hold back for, play your guts out, this community will be behind you!! Lets get this win and have a parade all the way back down 52 to the west side!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This game is gonna be just as bad if not worse than last wk
Nice Post doggy

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Burg had 4 turnovers and countless penalties that stopped drives and still won.
Also Burg held West to 3 first downs and 98 yd's of total offense which 52 yd's came on one play which was a good run by Hurd. So Burg rolls on turf this week ! Hopefully no rain and an injury free game and GO BURG!

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Hoping for a clean injury free game.
Burg in this one, not unlike the previous 4 or 5.
West will have to run something different than they’ve run all year, maybe a wildcat. I don’t think it matters tho. Good luck to both teams
Burg big in this one
42-6

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

GAMETIME WEATHER REPORT:

7 PM SATURDAY 11/3

KICKOFF: 49.2 DEGREES
CLEAR
WIND: 0 MPH

PREDICTION: 49-7

GO BURG!!!

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I just hope the cannon has enough gun powder...

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

I wise man once said “buy stock in gun powder cause the burg has a cannon”

Good advice

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good luck to both squads!

I hope this is the path for burg to have a possible b2b championship. No disrespect, but my gut tells me this year will be a little tougher.

Good luck!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I’m with kicker. and jack sparrow. I hope there is enough gun powder b/c I have a feeling it will be fired a bunch

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:03 pm Good luck to both squads!

I hope this is the path for burg to have a possible b2b championship. No disrespect, but my gut tells me this year will be a little tougher.

Good luck!
I agree 100%. Not only take does it take playing the best football that you've played all year, tremendous amount of skill and 110% from every player on the field, a defender missing a key tackle, eliminating as many turnovers as possible...it also takes the ball to bounce the right way sometimes. It may take the Center to jump on a fumbled ball, it may take a defender dropping one of the easiest interceptions ever, it may take a size 9 shoe to hit that green spot on the field before running out of bounds for a big 3rd/4th down completion. It takes every one on the field playing the best possible game of their lives.

You can do it Wheelersburg!!!

Return to “Football”