Bishop Hartley 51 Athens 14 Round 1 Region 11 2018

Kul9675
Waterboy

Re: Region 11 #8 Athens @ #1 Bishop Hartley

Post by Kul9675 »

Records past or present, teams played and Strength of schedule mean nothing when the playoffs roll around. I have seen far superior teams get beat by lesser teams, blow outs, tight match ups and just great football. No matter what, you had to do something right to be here. This should be a good game between Tri-Valley Conference and the CCL. It looks like it will be just Cloudy for the game Friday so that is a plus and should allow for smooth travel for the Athens team and fans. As a Hartley fan I hope that Hartley wins, but I do wish Athens luck and wish that it is a clean game and no injuries. Hartley welcomes the Athens team and fans to our little corner of the world and hope you enjoy our stadium and the Game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

No other posts on this one for the last 13+ hours ................................................................................................................................................................................................... The calm before the storm :twisted:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Athens @ Hartley friday night.

Side note: Desales didn't finish above Athens with their 5-5 record in football this year but they get a liitle chance for that snub this saturday @ Logan in the DII Boys Regional soccer final and guess who has the most losses this year.............. yep, DeSales (17-3) - Athens (18-1-1).

My prediction: DeSales 5 - Athens 1 (State tourney on the line) 8-)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

DeSales 20, Athens 0.
When you're one of few soccer power houses in Columbus and a private school that can just recruit anyone you want - you are basically impossible to beat.

Tailgater
Waterboy

Post by Tailgater »

I was not going to say anything on this thread but you guys have went to far soccer really soccer on a football thread WOW!!!

Across the footbridge slamming some cold ones
Whynotus18
Waterboy

Post by Whynotus18 »

Tailgater wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:24 am I was not going to say anything on this thread but you guys have went to far soccer really soccer on a football thread WOW!!!
i agree soccer on a football thread this is where we talk about men not girls. Athens in a close one.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tailgater wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:24 am I was not going to say anything on this thread but you guys have went to far soccer really soccer on a football thread WOW!!!
My post was meant to be a swipe at private schools, including Hartley. :mrgreen:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:11 am
My post was meant to be a swipe at private schools, including Hartley. :mrgreen:
I'll agree with you somewhat from the standpoint of the dreaded "R" word but the Catholic diocese has rules , regulations and perimeters set in place for the Catholic schools and most of the people I know and there families that have gone to DeSales, Ready, St. Charles and Hartley have 2 or 3 generations of family that attended there. A lot of their older relatives went to old Holy Rosary and Aquinas high schools closer to downtown Columbus before they closed decades ago. Now, with old Father Wehrle that was a different animal that had a lot of problems that led to it's closure and I'll just leave it at that. I think the real problem is the private/parochial Christian schools (i.e., Harvest Prep, Cornerstone Christian, etc) mostly in the smaller divisions where there are very few or no perimeters and/or parameters set in place and if you've got the money or means you're in. These kind of schools seem to be popping up pretty regularly every couple years nowadays.
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tailgater
Waterboy

Post by Tailgater »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:11 am
copy :D

Across the footbridge slamming some cold ones
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:25 amBishop Wehrle
Father Wehrle was never elevated to the episcopate.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:25 amBishop Wehrle
Father Wehrle was never elevated to the episcopate.
Exactly : Father and not Bishop :D (I was typing to fast trying to run all of them together, sorry)

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:00 am DeSales 20, Athens 0.
When you're one of few soccer power houses in Columbus and a private school that can just recruit anyone you want - you are basically impossible to beat.
Why do we the people have to put up with this? :cry: :mrgreen: :?: other states don’t have to why do we? OHSAA has to have a catholic majority on the board?!?!

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Punch them in the mouth bulldogs! Your in refuse to lose don’t back down! Give em hell boys!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

CheeseBurger wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:43 pm
Why do we the people have to put up with this? :cry: :mrgreen: :?: other states don’t have to why do we? OHSAA has to have a catholic majority on the board?!?!
It's called Divine intervention: "Please go to the church or synagogue of your choice this Sunday"
* I went to a public high school but our PA announcer would always announce this pregame *

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:54 pm
CheeseBurger wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:43 pm
It's called Divine intervention: "Please go to the church or synagogue of your choice this Sunday"
* I went to a public high school but our PA announcer would always announce this pregame *
Stacking the deck has zero to do with divinity. Seems like it might be borderline unfair maybe me and 93 are the only 2 that have a problem with this? Hum are their more that think this? 🤔

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

First punt, Athens fumbles. Hartley scores on first play. Game, set, match.7-0

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hartley strikes first 7-0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If the Bulldogs can tighten up on defense they can make a heck of a game out of this.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

EEEK

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Any updates?