Wheelersburg 52 Portsmouth West 7 Round 1 Region 20 2018

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Region 20 #8 Portsmouth West @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by BigBlueNation »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:33 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 pm
Wburgfan wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:31 am

Wow so out of all that all you got out of it. I guess you weren’t catching any ground with the Burg holding kids back to win stuff that you had to up your game to recruiting. You are rediculous. Every sport in Wheelersburg is successful. That tells you is a system that makes these kids successful. Good coaching and hard work has made it that way. If you want to compete with a program like start working with your school and help them get better. Stop trying to complain about a successful program and take lesson from them and adapt to help your community.
I know 2 kids in the 7th grade , that was approached at the fair by a guy from Burg. Told them he seen them play basketball this summer and was impressed with their game. Told them they should think about transferring to Burg. One of them just laughed and said he is not a bandwagon jumper.
Was he a coach?
Don't know. Didn't know the guy.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

This is the most ignorant thread I’ve ever seen on this site. It’s pathetic the direction this site is going in.
How about instead of false accusations about high school kids we actually talk about the game.... it was kind of funny in the beginning. However, some people are taking this crap way to seriously.

What do the pirates need to do on offense in order to be more successful against west? defensively I think the burg did awesome.
What can west do to be more productive?

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:48 pm This is the most ignorant thread I’ve ever seen on this site. It’s pathetic the direction this site is going in.
How about instead of false accusations about high school kids we actually talk about the game.... it was kind of funny in the beginning. However, some people are taking this crap way to seriously.

What do the pirates need to do on offense in order to be more successful against west? defensively I think the burg did awesome.
What can west do to be more productive?
I've tried several times to change the direction of the conversation, but people on both sides keep taking it back. It's pointless to try at this point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

If it's dry and on turn Burg wins by at least 3 touchdowns, wet it's a close game and Burg wins by 7

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Tartanblue wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:08 pm If it's dry and on turn Burg wins by at least 3 touchdowns, wet it's a close game and Burg wins by 7
What do you think West does differently in another wet game to make this time that close?

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

Burg93 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:37 pm
Tartanblue wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:08 pm If it's dry and on turn Burg wins by at least 3 touchdowns, wet it's a close game and Burg wins by 7
What do you think West does differently in another wet game to make this time that close?
Not going for it on 4th down at midfield up 7-0 would be a good start. Wrapping the quarterback up on 3rd and 20 with a defender in the backfield with him and not giving up a 50-yard touchdown pass would be nice too.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Wet or dry west is not gonna win. Their best chance was last week and they laid an egg. The great equalizer, muddy field, still didn't matter. West fans believe they have a shot to win, problem is the west players know they don't.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

The problem isn’t the problem, it’s their attitude about the problem

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Captain Jack you are correct

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

PirateBB wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:24 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:03 pm Good luck to both squads!

I hope this is the path for burg to have a possible b2b championship. No disrespect, but my gut tells me this year will be a little tougher.

Good luck!
I agree 100%. Not only take does it take playing the best football that you've played all year, tremendous amount of skill and 110% from every player on the field, a defender missing a key tackle, eliminating as many turnovers as possible...it also takes the ball to bounce the right way sometimes. It may take the Center to jump on a fumbled ball, it may take a defender dropping one of the easiest interceptions ever, it may take a size 9 shoe to hit that green spot on the field before running out of bounds for a big 3rd/4th down completion. It takes every one on the field playing the best possible game of their lives.

You can do it Wheelersburg!!!
They truly can! The emergence of BURG from Ironton’s shadow this past decade has nearly nixxed the idea SEO FB IS weak.
I feel, if you play as you have all year, & stay mentally focused, then you’ve done all you can, and what you described takes care of its self and you will win.

When those things weren’t followed, I watched ironton lose more finals than win. I did see a final or two where the refs torched ironton as well... very unfortunate!

The SOC IS FAIRLY TIGHT AND COMPETITIVE & that has bred a state champion. Many joke about the OVC being weak, & I HATED IRONTON JOINING, but it’s creating an environment of strong competition.

This prepares the cream of these two conferences to rise, and hopefully, we will see burg top the state again and each conference mentioned, to follow in those footsteps!

Go burg!
Go Portsmouth west!
Go Ironton!
Go Portsmouth!
Go Gallia!
Go FairLand!

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

West 35-31

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

NICKNEVADA wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:18 pm West 35-31
That would be a huge turnaround offensively. Going from scoring 7, 3 total 1st downs and <100 yards on offense to putting up 35 a week later against the same D.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

West needs to stop the Burg from having big plays,
if they can do that, they keep the game close.
I would like too see a big upset.

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:50 am West needs to stop the Burg from having big plays,
if they can do that, they keep the game close.
I would like too see a big upset.
Me two!!! I think Weast wins 18-4!!!

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Burg 18 West 13 . Dogfight all the way .

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Burg drove the ball after the first 2 possessions all night long . Burg was only held back on offense because of stupid penalties from a homer ref! Tonight's refs will be a lot better hopefully and hopefully Burg straightens up those turnovers. If Burg which I know they will have a good game this contest shouldn't be close . Burg 42 West 0 end of story!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg wins by 30. Quick game tonigh.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

West had their chance last week on a grass field and wet! Also pirate turnovers early. Now it’s on turf and that makes all the difference with the speed and athletes burg has. I think this isn’t going to be close when it’s said and done. Burg on to round 2. I just wish they didn’t play each other first round

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

I think you will see a completely different game from the Burg tonight on our home field with dry conditions!!! I don't think they can defend the pass tonight!!Go Burg!!!😊

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:11 am Burg drove the ball after the first 2 possessions all night long . Burg was only held back on offense because of stupid penalties from a homer ref! Tonight's refs will be a lot better hopefully and hopefully Burg straightens up those turnovers. If Burg which I know they will have a good game this contest shouldn't be close . Burg 42 West 0 end of story!
What makes you so sure those holding calls weren't legit? Per the tv broadcast Wheelersburg has been penalized alot this year. Who do you know will be the referees and how do you know that they won't call the same penalties?
Of course if Garry Burg Bailey is there I would agree they won't be called. Him and his crew of homers see no wrong

Return to “Football”