Granville 38 Jackson 7 Round 1 Region 11 2018

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Region 11 #7 Jackson @ #2 Granville

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:15 am
IronmenLover1 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:06 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:02 am Where was our crowd? Did Jackson bring 500 fans?
Saw a pretty good turnout but the whole LCL was rooting for Granville in the home stands so we looked outnumbered.
Yeah no doubt....just couldn’t believe we didn’t have a better following from our own.
You guys down there are gonna need to show up to help support Gallipolis tomorrow night.(That Valley team is gonna be a tough out)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

BillC wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:32 am Far from perfect play from anyone. Tough game against a great team. Two suggestions before next season- teach them how to tackle and teach someone to snap the ball.
Before you jump to conclusions about the center you probably need to know that Granville knew the cadence since the QB never switches it up and they were calling it out which made the center snap the ball premature. Officials should have stopped that but oh well that’s part of the game if you can get away with it.

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:18 am
IronmenLover1 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:06 am
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:39 pm

Speedy/efficient back....WR and backfield kids sped by us a few times. When I think of this Granville team I won’t think speed....I’ll think attention to detail and disciplined. Just about a flawless performance.

I mean, they had more speed than any team we have seen this year...
That’s fine, but that’s not how I’m remembering them.
I agree with you Ironman92. Very disciplined and well coached team. That was the difference.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I see my Granville pick was an easy win. No surprise here.

Have gun, will travel
CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Sunoco wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:13 am
BillC wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:32 am Far from perfect play from anyone. Tough game against a great team. Two suggestions before next season- teach them how to tackle and teach someone to snap the ball.
Before you jump to conclusions about the center you probably need to know that Granville knew the cadence since the QB never switches it up and they were calling it out which made the center snap the ball premature. Officials should have stopped that but oh well that’s part of the game if you can get away with it.
I said this earlier we have to change snap count get good at it do it in practice college line coach made us switch it up every play in practice. -(Pittsburg guy)My guess is we tried and jump everytime. Been in games where defense was calling snap that usually last one or two times before the flag comes out. Unless ref is def. if they were calling cadence shame on buttermore that is dirty and a bunch of dirt balls for pulling that crap. Burg wouldn’t even stoop that low pick on the sophomore center in the big game buttermore if you had a hand in it I’d break it.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Honestly I doubt many posters are interested in when any cheesy guys played. It has been obvious to any outside observer that Jackson is at least one year away. The league did not provide Jackson with much of use a of how good they were or weren't. The Aces showed the Iron man how long a road it is the top.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Let’s call it what it it chickenshot. Matter of fact it’s disgraceful. Absolutely apauling there is no defense for crap like that. Players and coaches both should be ashamed.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Sounds like the cheese is moldy. First you have no proof to back up your myth of a theory. Second I know coach Hall. I assure you he would have discussed any unsavory techniques with the officials. The problem is Jackson lost to the only three teams that were a measure of their abilities plus a bonus loss thrown in. This team can be glad they played in the FAC.

That being said. Congrats on your championship Ironmen.

TimBuks2
Waterboy

Post by TimBuks2 »

CheeseBurger wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:50 pm Let’s call it what it it chickenshot. Matter of fact it’s disgraceful. Absolutely apauling there is no defense for crap like that. Players and coaches both should be ashamed.
Folks ought to get a bit more information before leveling such accusations. Their defense, like any other defense, are calling out what they are seeing. Communicating with each other about such things as tendencies as well as checking into particular coverage's, based on the offensive formation. I can assure you they were not wasting their time trying to mimic the Jackson cadence.

Jackson didn't play their best game, Granville likely did. Why not just leave it at that.

IronmenLover1
Waterboy

Post by IronmenLover1 »

CheeseBurger wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:58 am
Sunoco wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:13 am
Cheeseburger, my boy is on the team, I don’t want to say who it is to protect his integrity- but he said our center is mentally unprepared to play every week. Dive into some film buddy boy- they were the most physical and mentally prepared team we have faced yet. I would put them against wheelersburg.

I said this earlier we have to change snap count get good at it do it in practice college line coach made us switch it up every play in practice. -(Pittsburg guy)My guess is we tried and jump everytime. Been in games where defense was calling snap that usually last one or two times before the flag comes out. Unless ref is def. if they were calling cadence shame on buttermore that is dirty and a bunch of dirt balls for pulling that crap. Burg wouldn’t even stoop that low pick on the sophomore center in the big game buttermore if you had a hand in it I’d break it.

tiger85
Waterboy

Post by tiger85 »

Butt whippin,,,,combination of Penalties, turnovers and lack of adjustments. Granville clearly a more disciplined and experienced team.
Played a great game...Good luck in the next step of your journey !
Jackson great season, not at our best last night, but we have a share of the FAC and Played week 11 ! Special shout out to all seniors . Did not plan on it ending up like this, but you boys had an exciting season ! Thank you, great job !

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Granville will be demolished by Catholics sad but true buttermore. I would cheer you on but not after that crap.

IronmenLover1
Waterboy

Post by IronmenLover1 »

CheeseBurger wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:42 pm Granville will be demolished by Catholics sad but true buttermore. I would cheer you on but not after that crap.
Couldn’t agree more, screw Granville.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Nothing like sportsmanship. I guess the ironmen just took their football and went home. Bottom line you lost to a better team that was better prepared.

Bitter party of two, your table with your crow dinner is ready.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Heard ya! feel ya! told ya

Tri valley is doing just fine with out little butter more. He looks like the typical little man complex clown 🤡. Don’t deflect the dirtball chicken shot. Little man cheat em to beat em. He and his baby hands. Told ya heard ya feel ya. Now take your ball and get out before I get that IP address and we can chat about it.

We all know every defense gets set at the snap of the ball! That’s some harry high school bull crap.

Ps this isn’t topix

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

He was at Tri-Valley for 14 years and that charge was never leveled at him or his team. I think you are greatly mistaken. IF it did happen, I would guess it was a kid doing it on his own. This is a guy who went into the social studies classroom everyday and taught. Whether it was the day before spring break or the day before the state title game. My son, who did not play football, had him for a teacher. He puts as much into teaching as he does football.

As far as Tri-Valley doing fine, he did not leave the shelves empty. I'll let you know in about 3 years. So far, so mostly good. Buttermore is a certified strength coach and he truly won his games with what happened January through July. No matter the size of the kid in his program, he was as strong or conditioned as possible when football season rolled around. He took a school that alternated between doormat and middle of the pack and made them a D2/D3 public school power.

You can be mad. You can hate all you want, but this is what the guy stands for. Granville was a new challenge with about a 25% pay increase between teaching and coaching salaries. Granville also has some significant facilities upgrades in the future. There were few who were happy he moved on, but certainly understood.

Forever Blue
Waterboy

Post by Forever Blue »

toldya wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:48 am Nothing like sportsmanship. I guess the ironmen just took their football and went home. Bottom line you lost to a better team that was better prepared.

Well said, I agree. I'm eating mine with the Gallia loss. I had hope for the Blue Devils but I knew what to expect. I'm also embarrassed on this thread by some southern Ohioans being upset & salty. Why wouldn't you want the team that beat you to win? It shows you're in a good region. Yes, we all know that the Catholic schools are always good. They have a tendency to be an all star team but don't count the Blue Aces out of this. You've also got to understand the population dynamic. The LCL has 10 schools in it's league. That's 10 schools in one county and they are all decent sized schools. Therefore, there will always be better competition. Prob Newark Catholic is the smallest. They are hardly a push over in any sport. You've got John Glenn to the east, Sheridan to the south, Tri-Valley to the north. Do I need to mention the immediate west? We in southern Ohio just need to get better and not bitter.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Well said forever. It is nice to hear from a mature poster. Cheese whiz just needs to grow up. He will get over the butt kickin soon. I read the Gallia post and they are all smart enough to wish Valley wel. I am sure many posters cringe when they read the post of head cheese. Jackson has many fine and capable members on this forum.l

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toldya wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:24 pm Well said forever. It is nice to hear from a mature poster. Cheese whiz just needs to grow up. He will get over the butt kickin soon. I read the Gallia post and they are all smart enough to wish Valley wel. I am sure many posters cringe when they read the post of head cheese. Jackson has many fine and capable members on this forum.l
Where have you been for the last 5 or so years? One might think you are too old to keep up but you don’t seem to have lost a step.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

toldya wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:48 am Nothing like sportsmanship. I guess the ironmen just took their football and went home. Bottom line you lost to a better team that was better prepared.

99.9% of Jackson people will root for Granville next week and will say Granville was the better team. I wouldn’t put much into two trolls

Return to “Football”