Freshman Team

Re: New league formed

Post by mondayamqb »

The impetus behind this was football related - not multiple sports

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Shenandoah just thinks they are more important then they actually are.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

PVCGuru wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:54 am The biggest benefit to the AD’s for this league is just to get away from the drama that scheduling has become.

They are all in the OVAC, so a league isn’t necessarily a must have, but Shenandoah was a thorn in everyone’s side in multiple sports when it came to this. Not just with PVC schools.

I do think they add Barnesville in time. Perhaps a couple others. 8-10 teams is the goal.

Majority of these teams already play each other, so it’s an easy transition to get it started.
Being just “OVAC” isn’t as easy as it sounds especially Fort Frye. Nobody wants to play them. Being in a league gives you mandated games.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:48 am
PVCGuru wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:54 am The biggest benefit to the AD’s for this league is just to get away from the drama that scheduling has become.

They are all in the OVAC, so a league isn’t necessarily a must have, but Shenandoah was a thorn in everyone’s side in multiple sports when it came to this. Not just with PVC schools.

I do think they add Barnesville in time. Perhaps a couple others. 8-10 teams is the goal.

Majority of these teams already play each other, so it’s an easy transition to get it started.
Being just “OVAC” isn’t as easy as it sounds especially Fort Frye. Nobody wants to play them. Being in a league gives you mandated games.
For a team on the fringe of the OVAC area like FF I get it. Up the river, everyone is in the OVAC so it’s not as big a deal.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Does the OVAC even really count? Like seriously, I hardly ever hear anyone talk about it. It almost seems pointless to me.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

Jakefromstatefarm wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:16 pm Does the OVAC even really count? Like seriously, I hardly ever hear anyone talk about it. It almost seems pointless to me.
Certainly depends. For teams with some history and that compete regularly for championships it does. But the new teams and those that are consistently not near the top, it’s an afterthought.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OVAC

Is fun when it comes to the sports that have tourneys at the end.
In terms of football it’s a paper championship. Fort won its first title in the OVAC over Bellaire a team they don’t even play. What does that even mean are you really the best? Ovac points system is heavy on beating OVAC teams. OVAC teams won’t even play Fort Frye so this is why they don’t win many in football.

Return to “Football”