Indian Hill 63 Waverly 28 Round 1 Region 16 2018

toast
All State

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by toast »

IHdad wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:21 pm I’m The IH QB’s dad. I want to extend a big welcome to everyone at Waverly and congrats on earning a playoff appearance. I look forward to a fantastic game and perfect football weather. This is a great matchup and all I pray for is a legendary, but safe game where everyone (especially Seniors) goes home knowing they were in a great battle, but walked off the field leaving everything they could have done to win.

Midwest BBQ is awesome. They recently moved to a strip mall at I-275 and Wards Corner exit.

Classy post! Looking forward to tonight and a great game. :)

IHdad
Waterboy

Post by IHdad »

OHSAA won’t let us live stream the game like we usually do, but anyone that can’t make it can watch it later tonight on YouTube. Search for Indian Hill Television Network or IHTN1.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Should be 50 degrees at kickoff. Can’t ask for much better weather this time of the year with the weather we’ve had.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Bring home the victory Tigers!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:48 pm Bring home the victory Tigers!!!
Hope so

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

Update?

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

42-14 Indian Hill at the half

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Took Waverly offense a quarter and a half to get going. After falling behind 28-0 they had it cut to 21 twice and then at 35-14 getting the ball back with around 1 minute in the half.
The punt was a wobbler and receiver got out of the way of it. The short punt hit a Waverly player in the back side and recovered by IH who scored with around .30 to play to increase the lead back to 28.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

63-28 Final.

IH was simply bigger, faster, stronger. I think they had 3 kids faster than anyone Waverly has seen this year.

Waverly played hard and made a few plays, but they needed to be perfect and they weren't. Nothing to be ashamed of. They will miss the seniors that won't be back next year, but there is a lot to be excited about for next year as well.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Flush wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:26 pm 63-28 Final.

IH was simply bigger, faster, stronger. I think they had 3 kids faster than anyone Waverly has seen this year.

Waverly played hard and made a few plays, but they needed to be perfect and they weren't. Nothing to be ashamed of. They will miss the seniors that won't be back next year, but there is a lot to be excited about for next year as well.
Just a different level.... and I don’t think you can do anything about it. Some of those guys looked like grown men. Tigers never never never gave up and did all they could, putting 28 on the board - just no way they could stop IH.
Great 9-1 regular season beating everyone they were suppose to and then some.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to Waverly on a very good season and really showing everyone that Waverly is getting into the reload stages each year. Waverly does lose some key players for next year but return much more than they lose. I look forward to seeing them make a even greater jump this time next season. The region Waverly finds themselves in is just a juggernaut and I'm not sure how you can prepare them for the teams they will see unless you go and sign a team or 2 from that area just to get Waverly on course with the type of athlete they'll see. Congrats to IH and good luck moving forward, looks like you have a rematch with Wyoming a team that beat IH 37-7 in week 10.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Great season Tigers. Your community is proud of you! Congratulations

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:36 am Congrats to Waverly on a very good season and really showing everyone that Waverly is getting into the reload stages each year. Waverly does lose some key players for next year but return much more than they lose. I look forward to seeing them make a even greater jump this time next season. The region Waverly finds themselves in is just a juggernaut and I'm not sure how you can prepare them for the teams they will see unless you go and sign a team or 2 from that area just to get Waverly on course with the type of athlete they'll see. Congrats to IH and good luck moving forward, looks like you have a rematch with Wyoming a team that beat IH 37-7 in week 10.
This post is spot on with what Waverly needs to do. Beef up the non-conference schedule. Playing Unioto, Zane Trace, Piketon, River Valley every year won't prepare you for the playoffs. Replace 2 of those games with opponents where you can "test yourself". I don't think Waverly has to travel all the way to Cincy though, there are area teams like Jackson, Chillicothe, or Athens who would be a sufficient upgrade on their schedule.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Otto wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:30 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:36 am Congrats to Waverly on a very good season and really showing everyone that Waverly is getting into the reload stages each year. Waverly does lose some key players for next year but return much more than they lose. I look forward to seeing them make a even greater jump this time next season. The region Waverly finds themselves in is just a juggernaut and I'm not sure how you can prepare them for the teams they will see unless you go and sign a team or 2 from that area just to get Waverly on course with the type of athlete they'll see. Congrats to IH and good luck moving forward, looks like you have a rematch with Wyoming a team that beat IH 37-7 in week 10.
This post is spot on with what Waverly needs to do. Beef up the non-conference schedule. Playing Unioto, Zane Trace, Piketon, River Valley every year won't prepare you for the playoffs. Replace 2 of those games with opponents where you can "test yourself". I don't think Waverly has to travel all the way to Cincy though, there are area teams like Jackson, Chillicothe, or Athens who would be a sufficient upgrade on their schedule.
Next year they are opening their season with Athens. I believe Amanda Clearcreek is replacing Nelsonville also.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Waverly! You had a great year, everyone is very proud of you.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

If you replace them and loose your not even in the playoffs is the thing.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

https://youtu.be/7pr3BOGvpZI

IH does a great job on the broadcast of their games.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

WAVERLY SCHEDULE 2019

ATHENS
at ZANE TRACE
UNIOTO
at AMANDA CLEARCREEK
at FAIRLAND
VALLEY
at WHEELERSBURG
at WEST
MINFORD
OAK HILL

I would say this is a tougher schedule but you can only do so much. Big difference between Big City & Rural Ohio and D4 vs D5.
Indian Hill, who will probably get beat by Wyoming again this coming Saturday, would handle Wheelersburg - there's that much difference. They are bigger, stronger and faster at every position - filled with D1 athletes.

Waverly did everything they could possibly do this year, finishing the regular season at 9-1 with a third straight playoff appearance. I believe they had a great year, exceeding expectations. After seeing Indian Hill live and in person, the Tigers would have had to play an absolute perfect game to keep it within 21. Tigers did some things well and had it at 21 (after falling behind 28-0) and kept at 28 for much of the 2nd half, with the final margin being 35.
This senior class has done something no senior class has ever done at Waverly and that is three straight playoff appearances - in a very, very tough D4 region.
Waverly will continue to work hard at getting better & building the program. A great year to build on!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:55 pm WAVERLY SCHEDULE 2019

ATHENS
at ZANE TRACE
UNIOTO
at AMANDA CLEARCREEK
at FAIRLAND
VALLEY
at WHEELERSBURG
at WEST
MINFORD
OAK HILL

I would say this is a tougher schedule but you can only do so much. Big difference between Big City & Rural Ohio and D4 vs D5.
Indian Hill, who will probably get beat by Wyoming again this coming Saturday, would handle Wheelersburg - there's that much difference. They are bigger, stronger and faster at every position - filled with D1 athletes.

Waverly did everything they could possibly do this year, finishing the regular season at 9-1 with a third straight playoff appearance. I believe they had a great year, exceeding expectations. After seeing Indian Hill live and in person, the Tigers would have had to play an absolute perfect game to keep it within 21. Tigers did some things well and had it at 21 (after falling behind 28-0) and kept at 28 for much of the 2nd half, with the final margin being 35.
This senior class has done something no senior class has ever done at Waverly and that is three straight playoff appearances - in a very, very tough D4 region.
Waverly will continue to work hard at getting better & building the program. A great year to build on!
Good pickups with A-C and Athens next year on your schedule and both are winnable. Keep on progressing and good luck. :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Indian Hill 63 Waverly 28 Round 1 Region 16 2018

Post by mattash »

Indian Hill 63 Waverly 28

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”