What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 2nd Week.

Valenth
SEOP

What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 2nd Week.

Post by Valenth »

There was a lot of movement in the 11 to 25 ranks... But just a couple of expected movements in the Top 10. Here's what I think the committee will go with.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Michigan

5. Georgia
6. Oklahoma

7. WVU
8. Washington State
9. LSU
10. UCF
11. Ohio State
12. Kentucky
13. Mississippi State
14. Syracuse
15. Florida
16. North Carolina State
17. Boston College
18. Iowa Stste
19. Fresno State
20. Utah
21. Penn State
22. Iowa
23. Michigan State
24. Texas
25. Cincinnati

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: What to expect CFB Poll by Playoff Committee 2nd Week.

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Looks good Valenth! I think there is a very real possibility that we see Michigan at 3 and Notre Dame at 4. That's the only thing I would say.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Nice list!!...The committee wouldnt have the guts to put UM ahead of NDame right now. And maybe they shouldnt anyhow because of the head-to-head which has to hold water. It really doesnt matter much anyhow right now. And it may not LATER!!...Because it could be a "Pick your Poison" situation.BUT...Too early to tell...I am still for sure and convinced that Georgia has been playing the wrong kid behind the center. I am telling you this kid is special...A Bigger..Faster..Deshaun Watson....As THE TIDE waited almost a Half too long last year,Ga is doing the same now..That is how electric this kid is...So for now I have Ga behind UM..That would be a tough game to handicap,especially with Fromm under Center. I dont believe Michigan would beat SOONER...And...You better put Utah St on your list Val!!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

From the looks of it right now, I don't really know if it matters who the committee puts at 3 and 4. I think we all know, there is a 99% chance that the championship game will yet again be Clemson vs. Alabama.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Oklahoma pulled out a close game after Texas Tech loses it's starting QB at halftime. The biggest thing I saw was the multiple unsportsman like penalties on various players. That could really cost them in a close game. Since the committee is made up of a lot of former coaches they would not like Oklahoma if that continues.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:04 pm Looks good Valenth! I think there is a very real possibility that we see Michigan at 3 and Notre Dame at 4. That's the only thing I would say.
I agree chieftain....bichigan does deserve #3 after the nittany beat down.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

I would love to see Alabama v Notre Dame and Clemson v Bichigan for the nat'l semi-finals.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

After what we have seen from Roll Tide and Clemson, does it matter who is 3 thru 25 except who gets how much in doling out the participation checks?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
The General
All State

Post by The General »

Omega wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:32 pm After what we have seen from Roll Tide and Clemson, does it matter who is 3 thru 25 except who gets how much in doling out the participation checks?
So Far!....Without question..A LOT of football to be played...THE TIDE has a LOT of kids bumped up and are getting ready to play an outfit who,If they had Michigan uniforms on,pundits would be drooling all over themselves how good and dominating they are on defense :lol: :lol: ....And trust me....THEY are EVERY bit as good as Michigan,or better,on that side of the ball.....IN REALITY.....Coach Swinney had the "Goodies" as Tua called them,to make the move to insert TLawrence into their lineup....Which was EASILY the right call....Coach Saban waited too long last year....Coach Smart has waited WAY too long this year(And I dont think he has what it takes to Overule Chaney and do whats right)....THE TIDE also has THE GAME in America against War Eagle...THE biggest rivalry in American Collegiate sports...Against an outfit who may not be Coached very well...BUT.....STARTS 11 future NFL Defensive players...A future NFL QB and 2-3 NFL Receivers....Clemson is an EXTREMELY talented outfit...And the derrogative "Clemsoning" label hopefully is in the past...Somebody told me today it is called "Ohioing" now..OR HOMERING....Which ever suits a person..

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Might be better off to finish 5th and miss out on the playoff. #5 can complain about missing the playoff while avoiding what could be a possible arse whooping. But, I guess you also miss out on the big pay day.
The General wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:20 pm
Omega wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:32 pm After what we have seen from Roll Tide and Clemson, does it matter who is 3 thru 25 except who gets how much in doling out the participation checks?
So Far!....Without question..A LOT of football to be played...THE TIDE has a LOT of kids bumped up and are getting ready to play an outfit who,If they had Michigan uniforms on,pundits would be drooling all over themselves how good and dominating they are on defense :lol: :lol: ....And trust me....THEY are EVERY bit as good as Michigan,or better,on that side of the ball.....IN REALITY.....Coach Swinney had the "Goodies" as Tua called them,to make the move to insert TLawrence into their lineup....Which was EASILY the right call....Coach Saban waited too long last year....Coach Smart has waited WAY too long this year(And I dont think he has what it takes to Overule Chaney and do whats right)....THE TIDE also has THE GAME in America against War Eagle...THE biggest rivalry in American Collegiate sports...Against an outfit who may not be Coached very well...BUT.....STARTS 11 future NFL Defensive players...A future NFL QB and 2-3 NFL Receivers....Clemson is an EXTREMELY talented outfit...And the derrogative "Clemsoning" label hopefully is in the past...Somebody told me today it is called "Ohioing" now..OR HOMERING....Which ever suits a person..

Return to “College Sports”