Trimble 7 Harvest Prep 0 Round 2 Region 27 2018

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Reg 27: #3. Trimble vs #2. Harvest Prep

Post by Raider6309 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:30 pm
Parents , family members and some administrators are all that will show up for Harvest Prep but it's always that way with the city parochial/ private schools unlike the Catholics which come playoff time bring lots of alumni out to the games.
They will have 5 fans. They are like Hartley and Desales that have no community or generations that go there. Fisher and Newark Catholic have good followings since they are like Trimble and Marion Local. See grandparents that went there watching grandkids that are playing now

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Happy McGavin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:35 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:25 pm I really do not see Prep worried about speed.
Trimble has a fast defense, if Prep thinks they're gonna outrun Trimble all night they're wrong
Just saying I think speed is the last thing a Harvest Prep will worry about.

I hope Trimble wins.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Logan will be the host site for this game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Next Saturday?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:40 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:30 pm
Parents , family members and some administrators are all that will show up for Harvest Prep but it's always that way with the city parochial/ private schools unlike the Catholics which come playoff time bring lots of alumni out to the games.
They will have 5 fans. They are like Hartley and Desales that have no community or generations that go there. Fisher and Newark Catholic have good followings since they are like Trimble and Marion Local. See grandparents that went there watching grandkids that are playing now
DeSales, Hartley, Elder, Iggy, Moeller, etc. have generations of families and bring a lot of alumni to their games which is their "community". The Catholics just don't have many outside the catholic faith that follow them in athletics and they are not the center of attention in the communities they're located in and are just another part of the landscape. Elder one year in the State finals filled the south side of Fawcett stadium by themselves but they are D1.
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

mattash wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:52 pmNext Saturday?
Yes. Saturday 7pm at Logan

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Kendog029
Freshman Team

Post by Kendog029 »

Harvest prep brought 2 charter buses to Logan when Waterford played them couple years ago in Regional final.
I spoke to a BU coach last night at Waterford he says Trimble shouldn’t have much trouble with HP. BU gave them a close game and Waterford handled BU pretty easily. Trimble handled Waterford. That’s just what others saying. Pulling for Trimble to win.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Prep and Fisher played week 9. Prep won 12-0, score was 12-0 with 7 minutes left in the first half and nobody scored again. However, it was a rainy night. Should be a good one this Saturday! I think it will be similar to last night, close early but if Trimble can stick with it they’ll impose their will late and win by 2-3 scores.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SportsFan101 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:09 pm Prep and Fisher played week 9. Prep won 12-0, score was 12-0 with 7 minutes left in the first half and nobody scored again. However, it was a rainy night. Should be a good one this Saturday! I think it will be similar to last night, close early but if Trimble can stick with it they’ll impose their will late and win by 2-3 scores.
Meanwhile, it was 8-0 Trimble until halfway through the 3rd quarter vs FC on a pretty serviceable and dry night.

Whatever conclusions anyone is trying to draw between HP/FC and Trimble/FC, they aren’t figuring anything concrete out.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

HP and FC really are two completely different teams. One difference is HP has more depth, and the other is HP has more speed not just in the skill positions but on defense.

Trimble’s bone, depth and clock control is what staved off a team they thought they would roll all over by halftime, last night. This week, they’re punching against a bigger fighter.

- - - -

As for the game... Trimble is going to need to open up the pass and convert on the pass. Prep is going to be darn near impossible to try and put “the squeeze” on. Trimble’s D deserves a lot of credit for shutting FC out, and for their early goal line stand, but FC’s offense is/was incredibly anemic. If Trimble fans think they’re facing the same caliber offense out of HP that they just saw, well... “not so fast my friend.”

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:32 pm
SportsFan101 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:09 pm Prep and Fisher played week 9. Prep won 12-0, score was 12-0 with 7 minutes left in the first half and nobody scored again. However, it was a rainy night. Should be a good one this Saturday! I think it will be similar to last night, close early but if Trimble can stick with it they’ll impose their will late and win by 2-3 scores.
Meanwhile, it was 8-0 Trimble until halfway through the 3rd quarter vs FC on a pretty serviceable and dry night.

Whatever conclusions anyone is trying to draw between HP/FC and Trimble/FC, they aren’t figuring anything concrete out.
Definitely not a dry field lmao. But, as I said, I think it will be tight for a long time but as you noticed last night Trimble is in shape and physically dominant as the game goes on. I believe if they stop prep from having ‘big plays’, they’ll win by 3 tds. Now I know prep can be flashy and bust big plays and that won’t work well for the cats style. Control the clock, grind them down, then dominate late. It’s worked all year and it will work again this week. Prep will be hit harder this week than they have been all year- without a doubt.

Cameroncrazie
Riding the Bench

Post by Cameroncrazie »

Like I said earlier, I have seen both of these teams including Harvest Prep last night. Trimble will have no problem scoring whatever they want. HP will struggle against the Trimble defense. HP does not have a passing game and will not outrun Trimble.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Prep with no pass game and no power run, look for Trimble’s stingy defense to have a good game.. also look for prep to struggle with the power run, getting hit hard every single play. It will wear them down, and as long as Trimble contains prep from big plays- cats win by 3 tds

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

I truly believe this is a better matchup for Trimble compared to last week... but time will tell

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:53 pm
You making the trip?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Cameroncrazie wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:22 pm Like I said earlier, I have seen both of these teams including Harvest Prep last night. Trimble will have no problem scoring whatever they want. HP will struggle against the Trimble defense. HP does not have a passing game and will not outrun Trimble.
True , this is a Parochial Church team not a Catholic school 8-)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

mattash wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:30 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:53 pm
You making the trip?
Probably since it's 15 minutes from my house lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Trump2020
Riding the Bench

Post by Trump2020 »

They’ll be more Tomcat fans at the Home Tavern before the game than there will be Prep fans in the stands. Cats roll! #seeyouallinweek13

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: #3 Trimble vs #2 Harvest Prep

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Trimble by 21

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: #3 Trimble vs #2 Harvest Prep

Post by VetteMan »

Pulling for Trimble, take it one game at a time. Can't underestimate any team at this stage of the season.

Return to “Football”