Wheelersburg 35 Jamestown Greenview 13 Round 2 Region 20 2018

victor creed
Varsity

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by victor creed »

From what I have read greenview has 11 starters back from last years team that went 10-0. They did lose in the first round but anytime you have that many starters back and had success you expect to buildd on that success. Which they have with a first round win. Their Qb is a good athlete and everything seems to run they him. He carries the ball as much as the backs or more and has a good arm. Defensively they will be tested by burg, Madeira seemed small up front compared to greenview s line but still moved the ball well. I like burg in this we just need to take care of the football and stop their qb

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Greeneview has good size up front, their QB is their best athlete. He has good size, Probly their best player.,from what I've seen, which is very little, they don't look real physical. If burg brings it like they did Saturday and plays assignment football they will be fine.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

packers80 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:42 am Greeneview has good size up front, their QB is their best athlete. He has good size, Probly their best player.,from what I've seen, which is very little, they don't look real physical. If burg brings it like they did Saturday and plays assignment football they will be fine.
For sure that.

The QB isn’t real quick tho. Their offense takes some time to develop and with a steady pressure they won’t move the ball far. Then couple in our DBs and how well they can read a play. This game could get out of hand quickly.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

victor creed wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:51 am From what I have read greenview has 11 starters back from last years team that went 10-0. They did lose in the first round but anytime you have that many starters back and had success you expect to buildd on that success. Which they have with a first round win. Their Qb is a good athlete and everything seems to run they him. He carries the ball as much as the backs or more and has a good arm. Defensively they will be tested by burg, Madeira seemed small up front compared to greenview s line but still moved the ball well. I like burg in this we just need to take care of the football and stop their qb

About this time last week, I thought the same thing. I truly could have wrote this same post and taken out “JAMESTOWN GREENVIEW” & inserted “JOHNSTOWN-MONROE “ still hopeful for my young Fighting Tigers to come to life, and they did. The same offensive set up was in place at “JOHNS” as it is at “JAMES”. Yet, the young “FIGHTING TIGERS” showed up! IDK, where this post is going, about as silly as comparing scores from this team beat that team two weeks earlier with 2 injured players...

Let me put my own post to death.

BURG BY 33

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The unfavorable OHSAA. 😂
Attachments
F1DEEAC6-0A9E-407F-B76D-B9AE4CCDE9D3.jpeg

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Crab's Brother »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:11 pm
dontreply wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:38 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:54 am

All u have to do is go look at some of the location choices. I’ve seen several times where a southern oh team drives several hours for a game while their opponent only drives a hr or less
Ok

That's not an example , name some,YOU are the expert on this topic ,every single year you post the same thing that ohsaa is screwing poor little wheelersburg all you do is whine and belittle the schools you play the pretend you support all area schools , you said it's a wonder WE didn't put up 80 on West ,I didn't know you was on the team you should spend less time on here.

1988-Burg was the number 1 seed in the region and had to play Versailles at Cincinnati Princeton HS. 45 minute drive for them 2.5 hour drive for Burg

1998-Burg was the number 1 seed in the region. Played Versailles again at Cincinnati Princeton. See above

Played many a game in Lancaster where the opponent was closer and Burg was the higher seed.

That 98 Versailles game was in the state semi's so region rank meant nothing.

You also forgot to mention that the week before the Burg played Nelsonville at Spartan Stadium.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

Burg running clock.

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Burg with running clock

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:34 am
dontreply wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:38 pm
Ok

That's not an example , name some,YOU are the expert on this topic ,every single year you post the same thing that ohsaa is screwing poor little wheelersburg all you do is whine and belittle the schools you play the pretend you support all area schools , you said it's a wonder WE didn't put up 80 on West ,I didn't know you was on the team you should spend less time on here.

1988-Burg was the number 1 seed in the region and had to play Versailles at Cincinnati Princeton HS. 45 minute drive for them 2.5 hour drive for Burg

1998-Burg was the number 1 seed in the region. Played Versailles again at Cincinnati Princeton. See above

Played many a game in Lancaster where the opponent was closer and Burg was the higher seed.

You also forgot to mention that the week before the Burg played Nelsonville at Spartan Stadium.

Oh they didn't FORGET lol

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

To be honest Southern Ohio used to not have the capabilities to host playoff games.

I believe that since this area has built bigger stadiums and installed turf the OHSAA has treated us fairly.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

dontreply wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:06 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:34 am

Oh they didn't FORGET lol
Bottom line. It’s getting better. If dog says it was worse back in da day, it was. Moving on. Nothing to see hear.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

What can Greenview do to stay in this game, or are they just over matched top to bottom

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

A lot of construction going on at The O.
Worthington Elementary is demolished and currently removing rubble. 3-6 intermediate school is almost complete but still a heavy construction zone.
Parking shouldn’t be affected too much as the new parking lot by the home side helps out a lot. Once all completed parking is going to be great.
Roosters, Pour House, R kitchen, The Cozy, Jerrys Pizza all solid pregame food options.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:29 pm A lot of construction going on at The O.
Worthington Elementary is demolished and currently removing rubble. 3-6 intermediate school is almost complete but still a heavy construction zone.
Parking shouldn’t be affected too much as the new parking lot by the home side helps out a lot. Once all completed parking is going to be great.
Roosters, Pour House, R kitchen, The Cozy, Jerrys Pizza all solid pregame food options.
Love pour house, jerry’s And my old stomping grounds the cozy. Great food and atmosphere. Miss the old new system bakery tho.
Thx for update CA05

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:29 pm A lot of construction going on at The O.
Best playoff spot in southern Ohio. Great hospitality and places to visit before game. Can’t wait for the parking to be set.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Chilli does an excellent job hosting.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Yes. I agree. They have the best atmosphere. State Semis were electric. That was a huge crowd. And wow. What a game.

Burg should be feeling a little more comfortable there too. They should be able to do what they do and put this game out of reach quickly.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I have no doubt that the coaches will have preached that they have to take it one game at a time, and that they can't be looking ahead to Week 13. I'm sure the coaches aren't concerned with anything other than winning the game, by what ever margin, and hopefully being injury free with Wk 13 coming up.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Can't wait til Saturday gonna be an electric atmosphere at Chillicothe Burgstien Field gonna be cold though everyone break out those hot hands! Hope Greeneview fans travel well. I know Burg fans will have the home side packed full of jug shaking fans I'll be one of them! GO BURG!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

How many more wins until Rob Woodward breaks the record for most wins in Chillicothe history? 🤣

Return to “Football”