TVC Expansion

Dundas
SEOPS

TVC Expansion

Post by Dundas »

I look for Fort Frye to petition the conference for membership now that the PVC has pretty much folded. The TVC needs to add 2 teams to get to 18 total and an even number for 2 divisions. Again, Oak Hill will not like playing in the SOCII. The TVC needs to invite them to join. The week to week non conference game is a killer for each division. Especially for the teams that have late season slots to fill. I’ve thrown out the 3 division format that I think would work great but there are plenty of people who don’t like 6 team divisions. I’ve heard a lot about keeping a large number in the divisions to help generate playoff points for the teams that finish in the top 3 spots. Okay. I get it. So i spent some time and thought it over. Here is a simpler version of addition. It’s even for easier scheduling. It’s based pretty much on numbers. It’s not drastically different from what we have now. Basically it just evens out the conferences and gets rid of the late season non conference games for each division. Let me know what’s wrong with this one. Haha

What do you think about this?

Ohio

Athens 334 D3
VC 252 D4
Meigs 213 D4
Alex 210 D5
River Valley 203 D5
Wellston 176 D5
Oak Hill 172 D5
NY 147 D6

Hocking

Fort Frye 148 D6
Belpre 125 D6
Fed Hock 119 D6
Trimble 105 D7
Eastern 102 D7
Wahama 91 D7
Southern 91D7
S Gallia 91 D7
Miller 82 D7
Waterford 78 D7

8 team Ohio. First 4 games are non conference and last 6 conference.

10 team hocking. First week non conference. Last 9 conference.

Would that make everyone happy? Playoff generating machines for both divisions. Should get 2-3 in each year from each division. Sometimes 4 in the Hocking.

Again, this will end the non conference weeks that teams struggle to fill. It’s only a matter of time before a team or two won’t be able to find a week 5-10 matchup with all of SEO conferences moving to even numbers starting next year with the soc and in 2020 with the mvl and ecol. Games will be hard to come by after 2020. I think this would be a great conference. Even though it’s not my first choice of formats. What do you think?

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: TVC Expansion

Post by Dundas »

For those that do not know the area/TVC. Here is a map with black names as Ohio Division and Blue names as Hocking Division and where they are in relation to each other.
73100E04-636E-47C7-8106-4186CCF45BE3.png

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Poor South Gallia all the way down there by themselves. Should of been SOC

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

TVC 2XL
Logan
Athens
Marietta
Warren
Vinton County
Jackson
Meigs
Gallia Academy

TVC XL
NY
Fort Frye
Belpre
Wellston
Alexander
River Valley
Trimble
Oak Hill

TVC L
Fed Hock
Eastern
Wahama
Southern
South Gallia
Miller
Waterford
Frontier

Michael Scott
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

mattash wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:32 am TVC 2XL
Logan
Athens
Marietta
Warren
Vinton County
Jackson
Meigs
Gallia Academy

TVC XL
NY
Fort Frye
Belpre
Wellston
Alexander
River Valley
Trimble
Oak Hill

TVC L
Fed Hock
Eastern
Wahama
Southern
South Gallia
Miller
Waterford
Frontier
Matt
This is a great idea but it has one flaw. It makes too much sense lol. No way Athens and vinton county go for this. Vinton county would leave first. It’s too bad because this would create the best conference in SEO.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Howard Cosell wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:50 am
Logan
Athens
Marietta
Warren
Vinton County
Jackson
Meigs
Gallia Academy

TVC XL
NY
Fort Frye
Belpre
Wellston
Alexander
River Valley
Trimble
Oak Hill

TVC L
Fed Hock
Eastern
Wahama
Southern
South Gallia
Miller
Waterford
Frontier
Matt
This is a great idea but it has one flaw. It makes too much sense lol. No way Athens and vinton county go for this. Vinton county would leave first. It’s too bad because this would create the best conference in SEO.
It could’ve happened back in 1967 but the SEOAL didn’t want Vinton County.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ok, that's it!

PETA is really pissed. They are stepping in. It's one thing to beat a dead horse, but to abuse its corpse is just totally uncalled for.

:mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:01 am Ok, that's it!

PETA is really pissed. They are stepping in. It's one thing to beat a dead horse, but to abuse its corpse is just totally uncalled for.

It’s going to happen!!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I personally think the league is just fine how it is, I can see the Ohio adding one more team in Fort Frye or Oak Hill but I don’t see Oak Hill wanting to come anytime soon even being in the SOCII. Fort I don’t think would join if they got put in the Hocking.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:01 am Ok, that's it!

Lol

Michael Scott
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

Logan
Athens
Marietta
Warren
Vinton County
Jackson
Meigs
Gallia Academy

TVC XL
NY
Fort Frye
Belpre
Wellston
Alexander
River Valley
Trimble
Oak Hill

TVC L
Fed Hock
Eastern
Wahama
Southern
South Gallia
Miller
Waterford
Frontier
Waterford would rip everybody in that one a new one.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Howard Cosell wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:50 am
Logan
Athens
Marietta
Warren
Vinton County
Jackson
Meigs
Gallia Academy

TVC XL
NY
Fort Frye
Belpre
Wellston
Alexander
River Valley
Trimble
Oak Hill

TVC L
Fed Hock
Eastern
Wahama
Southern
South Gallia
Miller
Waterford
Frontier
Matt
Agree, this is the perfect set-up but will never happen. Playoff & tournament wise it would more prepare all teams involved for better competition in all sports.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Well Jackson and Gallia are in pretty good leagues now. Fort Frye and Oak Hill will join the TVC. Warren needs to join the TVC. They have the votes to get in

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:08 pm Well Jackson and Gallia are in pretty good leagues now. Fort Frye and Oak Hill will join the TVC. Warren needs to join the TVC. They have the votes to get in
Don't forget Logan. I think they have the votes to get in this time. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Probably won't happen, but sure looks good on paper. TVC would be the envy of a lot of other leagues. 24 schools, 8 in three Divisions, pretty well balanced, bringing the SEOL back, the TVC would be one of the better leagues around. And Matt, Logan would tell you it's the best idea that they have heard in a long time.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Logan
Athens
Marietta
Warren
Vinton County
Jackson
Meigs
Gallia Academy

TVC XL
NY
Fort Frye
Belpre
Wellston
Alexander
River Valley
Trimble
Oak Hill

TVC L
Fed Hock
Eastern
Wahama
Southern
South Gallia
Miller
Waterford
Frontier
I sure would love to be on that bus traveling from Frontier to South Gallia. LOL Take that trip to see 5 guys with no teeth wearing the stripes and spitting tobacco on your shoes while they grin at you during the pregame conference. It would be culture shock for those Cougar boys. He11 they don't even grease them up down in them parts. :oops:

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:26 pm TVC would be the envy of a lot of other leagues.
Apparently it is the envy of a lot of people already. Numerous schools have asked to be admitted in the last five years (some multiple times) and there's been 23084937589674567498 about how the TVC let everyone in a 43 county radius in. These threads are never really about what is best for the TVC or its current members, but more about rescuing some other school/conference.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

enigmaax wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:22 pm
VetteMan wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:26 pm TVC would be the envy of a lot of other leagues.
Apparently it is the envy of a lot of people already. Numerous schools have asked to be admitted in the last five years (some multiple times) and there's been 23084937589674567498 about how the TVC let everyone in a 43 county radius in. These threads are never really about what is best for the TVC or its current members, but more about rescuing some other school/conference.
I explained how it benefits the TVC. Creating an even number of schools in each division will eliminate the late non conference games that teams must schedule. It’s only a matter of time before teams start playing 9 game seasons.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I hope it never changes

Return to “Football”