Indian Hill 63 Waverly 28 Round 1 Region 16 2018

hbk1999
JV Team

Re: Indian Hill 63 Waverly 28 Round 1 Region 16 2018

Post by hbk1999 »

Schedule change is fine, but getting a win in that Cincinnati region is impossible for a team from southeast.

Best bet is lobby to get out of that region.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

Indian hill is not filled with d1 athletes. Lol
I coached there for 5 years. Every couple years they will have a kid go d1, but its not the norm.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Not everyone is a D1 athlete, especially at a school like Indian Hill. The likely D1 athletes that might be from Indian Hill will likely go to Moeller, CHCA, SCD, Elder, etc., but they do have kids who are able to get great training and are super coachable, which leads to better players.

And they’ll get smashed again next week by Wyoming.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:06 pm Not everyone is a D1 athlete, especially at a school like Indian Hill. The likely D1 athletes that might be from Indian Hill will likely go to Moeller, CHCA, SCD, Elder, etc., but they do have kids who are able to get great training and are super coachable, which leads to better players.

And they’ll get smashed again next week by Wyoming.
I didn’t say D1 Ohio State/Alabama/Clemson etc. caliber. I heard their were 2 D1’s of that caliber and I’d say there are probably a couple others who could see smaller D1 caliber attention.
The point was IH was just way bigger, stronger and faster at nearly every position. I do know they will likely get beat again but Wyoming but that doesn’t change the fact.
Waverly did as well as they could without playing a PERFECT game....
Last edited by smurray on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:55 pm WAVERLY SCHEDULE 2019

ATHENS
at ZANE TRACE
UNIOTO
at AMANDA CLEARCREEK
at FAIRLAND
VALLEY
at WHEELERSBURG
at WEST
MINFORD
OAK HILL

I would say this is a tougher schedule but you can only do so much. Big difference between Big City & Rural Ohio and D4 vs D5.
Indian Hill, who will probably get beat by Wyoming again this coming Saturday, would handle Wheelersburg - there's that much difference. They are bigger, stronger and faster at every position - filled with D1 athletes.

Waverly did everything they could possibly do this year, finishing the regular season at 9-1 with a third straight playoff appearance. I believe they had a great year, exceeding expectations. After seeing Indian Hill live and in person, the Tigers would have had to play an absolute perfect game to keep it within 21. Tigers did some things well and had it at 21 (after falling behind 28-0) and kept at 28 for much of the 2nd half, with the final margin being 35.
This senior class has done something no senior class has ever done at Waverly and that is three straight playoff appearances - in a very, very tough D4 region.
Waverly will continue to work hard at getting better & building the program. A great year to build on!
Good looking schedule, thanks for the heads up. I think next year is a year where the SOC will be really strong across the board and those teams will win quite a few out of conference games. Really think Valley makes another jump.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

hbk1999 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 pm Schedule change is fine, but getting a win in that Cincinnati region is impossible for a team from southeast.

Best bet is lobby to get out of that region.
Schedule change is great, you need the ability to play stronger teams and the ability to gain more points if you beat those teams which can help you slide up into the top 1-2 spots possibly. Doubtful lobbying gets them anywhere for the simple fact that's what everyone would be doing.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly Juniors have now experienced 3 years of playoffs in this region, sophomores 2 and there were some freshman who started or saw major playing time. These guys are seeing what it takes and know they need to take steps to get to the next level - one step at a time - Rome wasn’t built in a day.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wrestlefan wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:55 pm Indian hill is not filled with d1 athletes. Lol
I coached there for 5 years. Every couple years they will have a kid go d1, but its not the norm.
You are correct I'm sure they're not filled with D1 athletes otherwise you'd be seeing them making deeper playoffs runs. I think it just helps that they see a different caliber of team across the board on their schedule compared to what a team like waverly would see each week. Just better prepares you is all, you've coached before so you understand what I'm saying.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Region 16 #5 Waverly @ #4 Indian Hill

Post by greygoose »

Lightle04 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:30 am If you replace them and loose your not even in the playoffs is the thing.
If you truly have a team that the coaching staff is just all in on and thinking this is the year or whatever it's what you have to do. Getting a higher seed means you play the game at home and hopefully you're getting a little bit weaker opponent or one more on your level. If you're going to schedule teams based simply on the premise that, "oh they might beat us" well no one would ever schedule a tough team, let's just float by and get waxed in round 1 because we didn't try to prepare ourselves for what we'll see.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Great season for Waverly. They did exceed nearly everyones expectations.

You can debate all night about how many D1 athletes Indian Hills had. Bottom line we hadn't seen a team all season with that many top notch athletes. By far the fastest team we played since I don't know when. Sometimes it's just in the genes! No amount of schedule upgrade have have made a beans bit of difference in the outcome. Our schedule for next year is darn near perfect in my book.

Work to improve...hits the weights....and lobby to get out of 16.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

one year at IH we had chris carters nephews coming into the program as freshman. The whole offense was changed for them. The first day of two a days they ended up at moeller. It sucked. The year IH had a playoff game with ironton, we lost our stud rb to moeller. He had grown up through the ih program (reed hamilton).
Moeller can only recruit their diocese unlike st. x. Funny that Reed lived in Camp Denison which is down the hill from IH, but the kids that live there go to IH. Reeds 8th grade year, moeller expanded to include camp D and reed went to moeller. He was legit

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

funny, i just googled reed and moeller. A yappi thread came up. Reed and carter were listed as some of the greatest of all time at moeller. IH regularly loses bigtime kids to moeller

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I'd like to have one of those houses in Indian Hill...wow! I guess that's not the poor part of town.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Waverly overall had a great season and exceeding others expectations like said before. The schedule for next season is nice IMO playing a total of 7 teams who made the playoffs this season. Waverly coaches do a great job and the players buy in to the new culture that is being built. I only look for Waverly football to get better and better as the years go on!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:08 pm I'd like to have one of those houses in Indian Hill...wow! I guess that's not the poor part of town.
No doubt!

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

Camp D is the poor part of the school system. It is down the hill right by Minford.
When I say poor, im saying a 75k type of house as waverly would know it
It is a very different part of the community.
IH also includes Kenwood area which is an upper middle class type of area
The IH school area completely surrounds Madeira. Geographically it is very odd shaped

bengals05
Riding the Bench

Post by bengals05 »

wrestlefan wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:55 pm Indian hill is not filled with d1 athletes. Lol
They have 3 DL going D1 and I'd be surprised if the tailback doesn't play somewhere at the next level.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

the rb best sport is wrestling
he isnt going d1

Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

bengals05 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:53 pm
They have 3 DL going D1 and I'd be surprised if the tailback doesn't play somewhere at the next level.
I know Oakes and Thorton but who is the third?

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

wrestlefan wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:12 pm Camp D is the poor part of the school system. It is down the hill right by Minford.
When I say poor, im saying a 75k type of house as waverly would know it
It is a very different part of the community.
IH also includes Kenwood area which is an upper middle class type of area
The IH school area completely surrounds Madeira. Geographically it is very odd shaped
Yes, we saw that area on Sunday. My son goes to UC, so I grabbed a hotel after the game and we hung out the next day. We were actually trying to find Midwest BBQ. It took us to the old location (I remembered later Indian Hill Dad told us it had moved to off of 275). We were bummed, b/c we were really wanting to check it out.

Return to “Football”