2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by Orange and Brown »

Please Post
  • Key Returns
  • 2019 Schedule
Last edited by Orange and Brown on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
farmer
SEOP

Re: Ironton 2019

Post by farmer »

They will play football next year. Now if the players build on what they started or do they allow some bad habits to come back from previous years. I would say they build but that is all up to the players to put in the work.

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:12 am Since someone started a topic about Ironton next year but naked it "football".
I thought I'd get it out of the way and just make one for you fighting tigers.
Friends like you are hard to find............I'll tell everyone at the VFW what a swell friend you are...... ;) ;)

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ironton will be nasty. Almost everyone comes back. Slayers, carrico and the fullback all come back. It’s a tossup between them and Portsmouth for the ovc next year. Trojans have some major spots to fill is my worry but Parker is back.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

Should b a special year for the tigers, maybe the year they take down the Burg??

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Should be a great year with Coach Pendleton and his Staff having a year under their belts (after getting a late start Coaching), the TEAM has bought in to his system. The future looks bright in TIGERTOWN with everyone that's returning and the upcoming classes.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

It definitely seems to be moving in the right direction. (Just from what I read on preps this year and a couple games i streamed during the season if they could've eliminated some turnovers and costly penalties they could easily have gone 8-2 in regular season but that can be worked on). Good luck next year.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I REMEMBER STARTING A TOPIC ABOUT IRONTON/BURG ABOUT THIS TIME LAST YEAR. I HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER CRITICS THAN I DID ONB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

I believe next year is the year Ironton returns to the top dog in the tri-State area. I think they beat Wheelersburg in the opening game and set their sights on making a deep run in the playoffs. I think Ironton is beginning to go on a run like in years past and many kids in the area will again want to be apart of the program. Irontons tradition and the culture Coach Pendleton has created has everyone on notice again.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:54 am I REMEMBER STARTING A TOPIC ABOUT IRONTON/BURG ABOUT THIS TIME LAST YEAR. I HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER CRITICS THAN I DID ONB.
You started an Ironton v Burg thread last year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

indeed I did you catch on quick. nothing gets by you.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:38 am I believe next year is the year Ironton returns to the top dog in the tri-State area. I think they beat Wheelersburg in the opening game and set their sights on making a deep run in the playoffs. I think Ironton is beginning to go on a run like in years past and many kids in the area will again want to be apart of the program. Irontons tradition and the culture Coach Pendleton has created has everyone on notice again.
This is the problem with ironton fans right now. Ironton is returning essentially the same team next year that went 6-5. The freshman class will help depth wise but it will be carrico, Salyers, and fossum trying to lead the way offensively and defensively mind you. Ironton is making strides but to say they’re making a deep playoff run and beating burg is arrogant. Irontons jv did not farewell against the burg and they didn’t field enough freshman. I think carrico senior year would be a nice year to look for them to take a shot at a playoff run. The freshman will be sophomores and they have the answer to Salyers leaving in that group. Ironton has to make a lot of changes to become a D5 future power. Hiring Pendleton was a good move but let’s see how he develops the players over time.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:57 pm [quote=TOUGH post_id=<a href="tel:1710198">1710198</a> time=<a href="tel:1541515134">1541515134</a> user_id=13571]
I believe next year is the year Ironton returns to the top dog in the tri-State area. I think they beat Wheelersburg in the opening game and set their sights on making a deep run in the playoffs. I think Ironton is beginning to go on a run like in years past and many kids in the area will again want to be apart of the program. Irontons tradition and the culture Coach Pendleton has created has everyone on notice again.
This is the problem with ironton fans right now. Ironton is returning essentially the same team next year that went 6-5. The freshman class will help depth wise but it will be carrico, Salyers, and fossum trying to lead the way offensively and defensively mind you. Ironton is making strides but to say they’re making a deep playoff run and beating burg is arrogant. Irontons jv did not farewell against the burg and they didn’t field enough freshman. I think carrico senior year would be a nice year to look for them to take a shot at a playoff run. The freshman will be sophomores and they have the answer to Salyers leaving in that group. Ironton has to make a lot of changes to become a D5 future power. Hiring Pendleton was a good move but let’s see how he develops the players over time.

[/quote]

Irontons Jv team was playing varsity. We lost 4 of those games by one possession against senior laden teams. We were down 14-0 right off the rip against burg and held them to just 14 the rest of the game. Many of those plays came on 4th and long and was bailed out by Holden or another receiver. Ironton started two freshman lineman this year. They als had 17 freshman on the team. So to say we didn’t have enough is completely false. Wheelersburg played an Ironton team that started 7 sophomores on defense and 6 on offense. They return 17-18 starters next year. We will find out next August.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:06 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:57 pm [quote=TOUGH post_id=<a href="tel:1710198">1710198</a> time=<a href="tel:1541515134">1541515134</a> user_id=13571]

Irontons Jv team was playing varsity. We lost 4 of those games by one possession against senior laden teams. We were down 14-0 right off the rip against burg and held them to just 14 the rest of the game. Many of those plays came on 4th and long and was bailed out by Holden or another receiver. Ironton started two freshman lineman this year. They als had 17 freshman on the team. So to say we didn’t have enough is completely false. Wheelersburg played an Ironton team that started 7 sophomores on defense and 6 on offense. They return 17-18 starters next year. We will find out next August.
[/quote]

Hey, can’t fsult your enthusiasm. Just don’t agree with it.

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

I agree with you Woby. This year's Ironton team won 2 more games than last year. They beat a 4-6 Coal Grove team (11-2 CG beat them the year prior) and they beat 6-5 Fairland team. But "The we have turned it around bus hasn't quite shown up". Let the coaches build their program and stop with all the nonsense. For goodness sakes, you were 3rd in your conf.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Good things happening. Lost two we shouldn't have lost. Playoff game was closer than most expected and if the Tigers tie the game toward the end, who knows how that would have turned out. Were much more competetive with the Burg and Tomcats than recent years. Youth and inexperience will no longer be an excuse next year. Most of these kids have now had two years of varsity experience under their belt that will be seniors next year. Time to step up and correct the fumbles and penalties that stall otherwise productive drives. When you have a reputation of fumbling, you know at least one defender in a pile up is going to try to strip it. Protect the ball.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

TOUGH wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:06 pm

[/quote]

No doubt Ironton was more competitive this year but you probably shouldnt bolster Irnton greatness until it is great again.
I agree Ironton is returning a lot of key talent but you have a chance to lose several players as much as again them.
Let alone your coach is not a teacher and could leave as easily as stay. Even though Ironton lost many close games poor coach Vass would have been thrown to the wolves with that record.
Having Ironton and the OVC with 4 teams in the playoffs is good and let's hope the OVC builds on that.
I hope all teams have good numbers heading into next year.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Ironton lost the last 3 games of the 2017 football season and no OVC title.
They lost the last 3 games of the 2018 season/blew big leads in the last two games-and no OVC title.
You make the call....

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

I think the Tigers have some work to do but they got started Monday. The second year coach has learned some interesting things about himself, players and coaches. This was a very tough year to take over a team that some thought would not win 3 games. I wish the Tigers the best and hopefully we have a great off season in the weight room.

Go Tigers!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

79Tiger wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:52 pm Good things happening. Lost two we shouldn't have lost. Playoff game was closer than most expected and if the Tigers tie the game toward the end, who knows how that would have turned out. Were much more competetive with the Burg and Tomcats than recent years. Youth and inexperience will no longer be an excuse next year. Most of these kids have now had two years of varsity experience under their belt that will be seniors next year. Time to step up and correct the fumbles and penalties that stall otherwise productive drives. When you have a reputation of fumbling, you know at least one defender in a pile up is going to try to strip it. Protect the ball.
I couldn't agree more. just because the regular season is over it doesn't mean we have to turn this into a rude mean place to play again towards each other. this site is a great place to chat and meet people. I have never said at least in any of my posts that I expect us to beat burg and make a deep playoff run. however I am very optimistic regardless of the final record. because fighting tiger football is on it's way back. the final 3 losses could have went either way. 2 of those we had huge leads. the burg game was at least competitive, and the Ashland game we gave away. we were a very young team, and made young team mistakes. clean those up and we should be much more competitive.

Return to “Football”