Ohsaa making Cheerleaders pay to cheer?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Ohsaa making Cheerleaders pay to cheer?

Post by Raider6309 »

Ohsaa let’s you have 16 cheerleaders but only 8 get in free. The rest have to pay $9 to get in. Did Ohsaa just start this nonsense?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Ohsaa making Cheerleaders pay to cheer?

Post by VetteMan »

Does not surprise me at all. Next thing will be how many Band members are allowed in free?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The OHSAA is all about making money.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

If true that could possibly be one the the dumbest things I ever read.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

36 high school cheerleaders is dumb too

8 is enough for varsity but can’t hurt anyone’s feelings

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I got beat down when I mentioned OHSAA's name about financial gains on another thread when I connected it with the playoff expansions for more teams over the years but if they didn't make more money and profit from these things , they wouldn't be put into effect. This is just another example of greed by them for the almighty dollar. I sometimes wonder if it's even for the good of kids & overseeing and monitoring athletics at all or it's just like another business. :(

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:35 pm I got beat down when I mentioned OHSAA's name about financial gains on another thread when I connected it with the playoff expansions for more teams over the years but if they didn't make more money and profit from these things , they wouldn't be put into effect. This is just another example of greed by them for the almighty dollar. I sometimes wonder if it's even for the good of kids & overseeing and monitoring athletics at all or it's just like another business. :(
In XC my team advanced to regionals and they allowed 10 passes....one for me and 9 for athletes. I’m at the smallest division school (D3) but have 14 athletes...had to have our boosters buy 5 ($8) tickets

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ohsaa is nothing but a business. All decisions are monetary in nature. Essentially they are a joke.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Why do you think there are 7 divisions in football? 8 teams in each region getting in. $$$$$$$
Probably close to half of the teams are not good enough to be in the playoffs.
It is all about the Greenbacks!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

This is the biggest bunch of nonsense I have ever heard of. If it is true, the OHSAA needs to answer for this. The Columbus Dispatch and other large city papers should be all over this asking questions etc. Do OHSAA members, their family and friends have to pay to get in games? I bet not. And if they do, I bet it is at drastically reduced rates and OHSAA members get reimbursed for that as an "expense."

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:31 pm 36 high school cheerleaders is dumb too

8 is enough for varsity but can’t hurt anyone’s feelings

Agree 100 %,,,I think it is sad to see more cheerleaders than band members........if memory serves me correctly you are restricted to the number of cheerleaders on the floor of the Convo during tournament games.......

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Cheerleaders in excess of a certain number need a ticket, this rule has been in effect for decades, and exist in basketball as well, in fact only 8 people are even allowed to cheer at a basketball game. You’ve got to have some form of reasonable limits, and having 30+ cheerleaders, 2 mascots, and 4 coaches, yeah, probably just a tad much.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:05 pm Ohsaa let’s you have 16 cheerleaders but only 8 get in free. The rest have to pay $9 to get in. Did Ohsaa just start this nonsense?
No, been the policy for decades.

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

Pol pot wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:58 am Cheerleaders in excess of a certain number need a ticket, this rule has been in effect for decades, and exist in basketball as well, in fact only 8 people are even allowed to cheer at a basketball game. You’ve got to have some form of reasonable limits, and having 30+ cheerleaders, 2 mascots, and 4 coaches, yeah, probably just a tad much.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Correct

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Still if the girls were on the squad should get in free, they don't limit the band members do they? Plus if there are 36 girls that's 72 parents plus siblings and other paying family members

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:44 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:35 pm I got beat down when I mentioned OHSAA's name about financial gains on another thread when I connected it with the playoff expansions for more teams over the years but if they didn't make more money and profit from these things , they wouldn't be put into effect. This is just another example of greed by them for the almighty dollar. I sometimes wonder if it's even for the good of kids & overseeing and monitoring athletics at all or it's just like another business. :(
In XC my team advanced to regionals and they allowed 10 passes....one for me and 9 for athletes. I’m at the smallest division school (D3) but have 14 athletes...had to have our boosters buy 5 ($8) tickets
Since when did they start charging for attendance at XC races? Granted, I haven't been to an XC event in over 12 years, but the only time I ever had to pay was when I went to Scioto Downs to watch the state championships.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Pol pot wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:58 am Cheerleaders in excess of a certain number need a ticket, this rule has been in effect for decades, and exist in basketball as well, in fact only 8 people are even allowed to cheer at a basketball game. You’ve got to have some form of reasonable limits, and having 30+ cheerleaders, 2 mascots, and 4 coaches, yeah, probably just a tad much.
Then set the max at 8 and not 16. You are forcing kids to pay to cheer.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I haven't been posting much lately but this one I need to chime in on.

This thread is ridiculous. First off, if only 8 cheerleaders are allowed to cheer then you shouldn't need to bring 16 to begin with. However, we live in a society where we have to coddle to each and every complaint so instead of making cuts and taking our best 8, we instead take 16 and then complain that 8 have to pay to get in (which 99% of the time the boosters will pay for anyway).

Not to mention that once tournaments start there is a limit for each team on how many people get in. In basketball you can only bring a certain # on the roster (I want to say it's 15, maybe less), a manager, 3-4 coaches MAX etc. The rest have to pay. So, you can't bring the JV team with the tournament team and have them get in for free. You also can't have 18 coaches and expect every one of them to get a free pass in.

There has to be limits on these types of things. I have numerous problems with the OHSAA, but this is absolutely not one of them.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:04 pm I haven't been posting much lately but this one I need to chime in on.

This thread is ridiculous. First off, if only 8 cheerleaders are allowed to cheer then you shouldn't need to bring 16 to begin with. However, we live in a society where we have to coddle to each and every complaint so instead of making cuts and taking our best 8, we instead take 16 and then complain that 8 have to pay to get in (which 99% of the time the boosters will pay for anyway).

Not to mention that once tournaments start there is a limit for each team on how many people get in. In basketball you can only bring a certain # on the roster (I want to say it's 15, maybe less), a manager, 3-4 coaches MAX etc. The rest have to pay. So, you can't bring the JV team with the tournament team and have them get in for free. You also can't have 18 coaches and expect every one of them to get a free pass in.

There has to be limits on these types of things. I have numerous problems with the OHSAA, but this is absolutely not one of them.
Bull crap. I don’t care if they have to buy a ticket or not. It’s the principle of it all. I seriously doubt any school is trying to take advantage of a few tickets.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ohsaa shouldn't have any control over cheerleaders.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”