18. Michigan State
19. Texas
20. Penn State
21. Iowa
22. Iowa State
23. Fresno State
24. Auburn
25. Washington

How does LSU gets blown out at home... Held scoreless and only fall 4 spots? Come on now!

Committee still holding back on UCF

Other than that.. Looks about right!

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: CFB Playoff Committee Rankings - Nov 6

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:46 pm 1.Alabama
2.Clemson
3.Notre Dame
4.Michigan

5.Georgia
6.Oklahoma

7.LSU
8.Washington State
9.WVU
10. Ohio State
11. Kentucky
12 UCF
13. Syracuse
14. North Carolina State
15. Florida
16. Mississippi State
17. Boston College
18. Michigan State
19. Texas
20. Penn State
21. Iowa
22. Iowa State
23. Fresno State
24. Auburn
25. Washington

How does LSU gets blown out at home... Held scoreless and only fall 4 spots? Come on now!

As to LSU, you could argue SEC bias, but does anyone on this board think the Buckeyes would not get rolled by Joe Burreaux? If anything, the Bucks being ranked 10th is quite generous.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LSU should be out of the top 10 period.
Top 4 are definite.
5 & 6 could flip but that’s a coin toss. Georgia lost to 6-3 Auburn and Oklahoma lost to 6-3 Texas who WVa beat.
Washington State has beaten no one, would be my lowest 1 loss ranked team.
It’s really hard to argue anything for the Buckeyes with the way they have played so I know it’s hard to put them above Wash State and LSU.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I thought UK would have dropped more also. IMO WVU's win at Texas should have jumped them over Washington St. and their late win at home over Cal. I would have both ranked ahead of LSU and their shutout loss at home.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

smurray wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:37 pm LSU should be out of the top 10 period.
Top 4 are definite.
5 & 6 could flip but that’s a coin toss. Georgia lost to 6-3 Auburn and Oklahoma lost to 6-3 Texas who WVa beat.
Washington State has beaten no one, would be my lowest 1 loss ranked team.
It’s really hard to argue anything for the Buckeyes with the way they have played so I know it’s hard to put them above Wash State and LSU.
agreed.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:00 pm
2.Clemson
3.Notre Dame
4.Michigan

5.Georgia
6.Oklahoma

7.LSU
8.Washington State
9.WVU
10. Ohio State
11. Kentucky
12 UCF
13. Syracuse
14. North Carolina State
15. Florida
16. Mississippi State
17. Boston College
18. Michigan State
19. Texas
20. Penn State
21. Iowa
22. Iowa State
23. Fresno State
24. Auburn
25. Washington

As to LSU, you could argue SEC bias, but does anyone on this board think the Buckeyes would not get rolled by Joe Burreaux? If anything, the Bucks being ranked 10th is quite generous.
No. Burrow looked like crap against Bama. He played poorly. Made some very poor decisions. At the end of the day it probably doesnt matter but this is what you get in the SEC.
Bama carries the conference and the rest of the confernce is mediocre but get propped up in these rankings due to Bama being a great team.

LSU being ranked 7 is a joke. It just goes to show the committee shows extreme favoritism to the SEC. They also do it for the ACC now that Beamer is on the committee. They looked pretty stupid last week when they propped Virginia up in the top 25 to get rolled by Pitt (who got rolled by PSU).

They basically show each year that they can do these rankings however they want and they know that people just have to take it.

An 8 team playoff makes perfect sense. The 4 team playoff is rigged. If you dont think these rankings early on arent important, you'll see when they start talking later this month about how such and such beat "then ranked" whoever.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:30 am
Omega wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:00 pm
2.Clemson
3.Notre Dame
4.Michigan

5.Georgia
6.Oklahoma

7.LSU
8.Washington State
9.WVU
10. Ohio State
11. Kentucky
12 UCF
13. Syracuse
14. North Carolina State
15. Florida
16. Mississippi State
17. Boston College
18. Michigan State
19. Texas
20. Penn State
21. Iowa
22. Iowa State
23. Fresno State
24. Auburn
25. Washington

No. Burrow looked like crap against Bama. He played poorly. Made some very poor decisions. At the end of the day it probably doesnt matter but this is what you get in the SEC.
Bama carries the conference and the rest of the confernce is mediocre but get propped up in these rankings due to Bama being a great team.

LSU being ranked 7 is a joke. It just goes to show the committee shows extreme favoritism to the SEC. They also do it for the ACC now that Beamer is on the committee. They looked pretty stupid last week when they propped Virginia up in the top 25 to get rolled by Pitt (who got rolled by PSU).

They basically show each year that they can do these rankings however they want and they know that people just have to take it.

An 8 team playoff makes perfect sense. The 4 team playoff is rigged. If you dont think these rankings early on arent important, you'll see when they start talking later this month about how such and such beat "then ranked" whoever.
I do not disagree that the CFP playoff selection system is flawed. I think with conference championship games tend to "true" up the selection choices, but you still have the potential of a conference champ or deserving independent or G5 team being left out. The other option is a 24 to 32 team playoff similar to the FCS.

As to LSU, two losses should disqualify them. That said, despite talented players and coaches, Ohio State is a terribly flawed team. Both OSU and LSU have suffered embarrassing 29 point losses, but given the strength of schedule that the Tigers have played, I would not like the Buckeye chances right now versus the boys from Red Stick.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Need to get rid of Divisions in each conference. the Best two teams from each conference should play in the Conf. Title Game.
Winner of the East Big is going to play a 4 or 5 loss West Team.
I like the Big 12 possibly having two teams play back to back for Conf. That will be an interesting two weeks. Okla and WVU.

LSU was shut out vs. Bama. They did nothing. But yet they are still right there! unbelievable. UCF once again getting the shaft. I am rooting for complete chaos at the end of the season.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Complete chaos would be certainly be interesting.
baseball16 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:40 pm Need to get rid of Divisions in each conference. the Best two teams from each conference should play in the Conf. Title Game.
Winner of the East Big is going to play a 4 or 5 loss West Team.
I like the Big 12 possibly having two teams play back to back for Conf. That will be an interesting two weeks. Okla and WVU.

LSU was shut out vs. Bama. They did nothing. But yet they are still right there! unbelievable. UCF once again getting the shaft. I am rooting for complete chaos at the end of the season.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

ohio has only lost 1 game...49-20 and dont forget it...They have won 8 games and the teams they have defeated are a combined 27-45...they have Spart who is mediocre at best...Maryland..Who is not even that....And Michigan...If they win these 3 games then they will play an outfit from the other division who is average at best....AS USUAL...There are 2 teams in the big 14 with elite talent and 1 ELITE TEAM....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

how is auburn at 24 with 3 losses. and they have not played bama yet.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

WVU could be the team on the rise. I don't feel as though they are getting the credit they should. 9 is a start but feel they should be in at 7 where LSU is. But you know the SEC and the high and almighty praise they get. Its like SEC then the rest of college football just fits in. Chaps my a**

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 am how is auburn at 24 with 3 losses. and they have not played bama yet.
Thats a rhetorical question, correct?

lol

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

They say that week now has nothing to do with future sonwhat I would say to you is right now. LSU with wins over Miami, Auburn, Georgia and Mississippi State makes there resume at about number 7. I have no problem with that. There will be all kinds of teams jump them the next 2 weeks because they play nothing by the next. Two weeks.

Takeca blank sheet of paper and don’t look at any rankings and go and rank the teams on what they have done. Don’t look at what they have left on there schedule. And remember each week that pad starts blank. You don’t move teams ipmand down the next week you look at the blank sheet and say who is best and so on they say that is how this is done.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 am how is auburn at 24 with 3 losses. and they have not played bama yet.
Well I sure as hell agree!!...They have had 2 MUCH BETTER wins than ,lets say,ohio has had.....Should flip them..

The General
All State

Post by The General »

What would Auburn's record be if they would have played ohio's schedule ? ....I would say at least 8-1...
THE OSU...Tcu...Tules....Psu...Purdy...Minny..indy.. Corn?.... AND RUT....?What would LSU's record be playing this same schedule?....What would MSU's record be playing this schedule?....What would Ole Miss' record be playing this schedule?...What would Texas A&M's record be?....Georgia"s?.....Florida's? UK's?.....Mizzu's?...Vandy would be Bowl eligible ALREADY playing this schedule...The Vols also.....SCarolina would be NO WORSE than 8-1 at this time!!.....It is ridiculous how WEAK ohio's schedule is....And is EVERY year....

Return to “College Sports”