Meigs Head Baseball Coach Search

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Meigs Head Baseball Coach Search

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Any word on the Meigs Marauders' head coach search? Have they received applicants? Do they have anyone in mind they would like to go after?

Fonzie
S

Re: Meigs Head Baseball Coach Search

Post by Fonzie »

No clue, but really respect your username!

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:55 pm No clue, but really respect your username!
"Why's he always calling me Meat? I'm the guy driving a Porsche."

Have not heard much about it either. I would guess they have some interest, though. Pretty strong program over the years.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I believe it would be a good job to have. Respectable facility, with a little work it could be one of the best around. Typically has some talent to make teams pretty competitive. There are some negatives that would come with the job, but those are no different than coaching at any other school. I hope they get someone that wants to dive into the job, and stay for a long stent and keep some stability in the program.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

The name that comes to my mind is Austin Dunfee. Extensive playing career, high school and collegiate, vast coaching experience at high level of competition. Graduate of Meigs, would have the ties to the area needed to get some support. Not sure if he is local anymore, but if he is, that is who they should be going after.

Shades
Waterboy

Post by Shades »

No idea if there is truth to this statement, but I heard a name today for the coaching job. I was told Caleb Sheets will be the head coach at Meigs. If I am not mistaken he graduated in 2015 or there about. I like seeing young guys in the coaching profession, mainly because kids can relate a little better with them. But I can also see where the responsibilities for a young head coach would have to feel somewhat overwhelming.

If this rumor is true, I wish the young man the best of luck.

Goodman22
Waterboy

Post by Goodman22 »

Shades wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:14 pm No idea if there is truth to this statement, but I heard a name today for the coaching job. I was told Caleb Sheets will be the head coach at Meigs. If I am not mistaken he graduated in 2015 or there about. I like seeing young guys in the coaching profession, mainly because kids can relate a little better with them. But I can also see where the responsibilities for a young head coach would have to feel somewhat overwhelming.

Why would they hire this kid? :ugeek:

IF YOU AINT GOOD YOUR BAD ;) ;)
Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Sounds like some young applicants. Hope they are ready for all the responsibilities and extra roles that come with being a varsity coach. Namely, all the things that have little to do with actually coaching baseball. It could be a little disillusioning I would guess. Wish the best to whoever gets the job.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Your're not kidding. It is astonishing how much responsibility a high school coach (of any sport) has, that has absolutely nothing to do with the sport they are coaching.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Wasn't Brent Bissell the coach? He go somewhere else?

Hail State
Waterboy

Post by Hail State »

Last edited by Hail State on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

Shades wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:14 pm No idea if there is truth to this statement, but I heard a name today for the coaching job. I was told Caleb Sheets will be the head coach at Meigs. If I am not mistaken he graduated in 2015 or there about. I like seeing young guys in the coaching profession, mainly because kids can relate a little better with them. But I can also see where the responsibilities for a young head coach would have to feel somewhat overwhelming.

Maybe he will be both baseball and football.

Hail State
Waterboy

Post by Hail State »

Chuck Sheetz wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Maybe he will be both baseball and football.
we can all hope

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

What happened to Bissell? No details needed, resigned or let go?

MORBaseball
Waterboy

Post by MORBaseball »

Any news out of Pomeroy on the baseball head coach search?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Have not heard anything. I did hear they hired the softball coach.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Pete_Bell wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:28 am What happened to Bissell? No details needed, resigned or let go?
From my understanding, he resigned. He is still teaching at Meigs as far as I know.

Maroon and gold
Waterboy

Post by Maroon and gold »

Britt Dodson will be the Marauder baseball coach. A helluva guy. Great with young men. I wish him nothing but the best. A solid leader for the baseball program.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I vote to give the man a chance before he gets run down the road on here.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

Brent Bissell will be a hard act to follow. Of the three major sports, baseball has had the most success with Bissell at the helm. Brent has won league championships and made deep runs in the tournament, which the basketball and football teams have not done at Meigs

Return to “Baseball”