TVC Expansion

NY BUCK
All State

Re: TVC Expansion

Post by NY BUCK »

Only thing really needed here is one more team in the Ohio (Fort Frye, Oak Hill, etc..) Other than that it’s a pretty well put together conference.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

My idea:. You could swap Hocking teams around if u want

OHIO
NY
Alex
Meigs
Vinton
Wellston
Athens

Hocking
Fort Frye
Oak Hill
Trimble
Belpre
River Valley
Waterford

Hocking B
Miller
Fed Hock
Southern
Eastern
Wahama
South Galia

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Just so everyone knows. You cannot quote someone and change their original post.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I like it 55 buckeye

shelton
Waterboy

Post by shelton »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:02 pm Just so everyone knows. You cannot quote someone and change their original post.
Sorry... didn’t mean to make it look like that. I think I accidentally typed inside of the quote I’m not sure exactly what I did but my last post turned out weird... I see that it has been deleted

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

dilligaf wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:17 pm I like it 55 buckeye
It allows a 5 game schedule, plenty of opportunities for crossover and rivalry games weeks 1-5, teams could also challenge themselves with crossover or ooc teams weeks 1-5. There is no weird pick up games at the end of the season. If oak Hill is not able to move u could look at other local teams to make it even. Only ? I have is if u added a Warren who out of the Ohio do u move to Hocking? NY? Wellston? Alex? Prob definitely not vc, athens or Meigs?

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Never meant NY was too small. Just meant bigger schools wouldn’t want to add another D-6 school

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

After this year I say put ny in the hocking b

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Lol

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:48 pm My idea:. You could swap Hocking teams around if u want

OHIO
NY
Alex
Meigs
Vinton
Wellston
Athens

Hocking
Fort Frye
Oak Hill
Trimble
Belpre
River Valley
Waterford

Hocking B
Miller
Fed Hock
Southern
Eastern
Wahama
South Galia
What's wrong, FF afraid of he Ohio division? And Oak Hill and RV are D5 for lands sakes. They scared too?

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

FF, Oak Hill, and RV are all bigger than NY who you have in the Ohio. Just pointing out the numbers from Ohsaa.org website.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Yes but NY is a staple in the Ohio Division. If u add two teams it makes 6 an even number for 3 conferences. I would never like 2 9 team conferences, you have no flexibility in your schedule and are looking for games through out the season. If we replace Warren with Oak Hill then MAYBE NY goes into that middle group or u leave NY in Ohio for football and move Alex down then they switch back for all other sports.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

footballfan wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:42 pm FF, Oak Hill, and RV are all bigger than NY who you have in the Ohio. Just pointing out the numbers from Ohsaa.org website.

Fort and Nelsonville are only 1 boy apart more times then not Nelsonville will be bigger then Fort.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

The TVC is too big as it is. I think a small group will secede to be honest.

Wellston
River Valley
Meigs
Alex
Oak hill
VC

That’d be a good closenit conference if you ask me.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

WellstonLover wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:19 am The TVC is too big as it is. I think a small group will secede to be honest.

Wellston
River Valley
Meigs
Alex
Oak hill
VC

If you dump wellston and add NY to that group the league has good facilities everywhere

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

WellstonLover wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:19 am The TVC is too big as it is. I think a small group will secede to be honest.

Wellston
River Valley
Meigs
Alex
Oak hill
VC

I doubt Alex would leave NY and Athens.

Also, this is essentially the TVC OHIO minus NY and Athens and adding Oak Hill. This to me says, how can I make a conference that gives my team a better chance of winning a football title?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NY has a lot of TVC championships in multiple sports to be too small for the Ohio. Besides football, look at wrestling. If wrestling ever had divisions in-conference, NY would need to be in the big school division. NY is always in the top few teams for volleyball and girls basketball. Boys basketball is a different story, but would NY really be any better in boys basketball in the Hocking? Probably not. The Bucks recently have built good track and field teams, particularly the boys. The girls that play are good, but if you are borderline not about to qualify for a team score, that can be a problem. Boys and Girls Cross country are fairly new sports at NY, I would say a decade or less. It's growing, but probably wouldn't win a Hocking Championship any more than an Ohio one. Golf is terrible, but back in the early days of NY, golf dominated under Coach Mary Jane McKinley. Multiple TVC Championships in golf in the 70s. Baseball and softball aren't going to do any better in the Hocking than the Ohio I don't think. Maybe baseball. Softball has just been awful year after year after year, so it won't matter what division NY played there. I think that's all the teams unless I forgot something.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:36 pm NY has a lot of TVC championships in multiple sports to be too small for the Ohio. Besides football, look at wrestling. If wrestling ever had divisions in-conference, NY would need to be in the big school division. NY is always in the top few teams for volleyball and girls basketball. Boys basketball is a different story, but would NY really be any better in boys basketball in the Hocking? Probably not. The Bucks recently have built good track and field teams, particularly the boys. The girls that play are good, but if you are borderline not about to qualify for a team score, that can be a problem. Boys and Girls Cross country are fairly new sports at NY, I would say a decade or less. It's growing, but probably wouldn't win a Hocking Championship any more than an Ohio one. Golf is terrible, but back in the early days of NY, golf dominated under Coach Mary Jane McKinley. Multiple TVC Championships in golf in the 70s. Baseball and softball aren't going to do any better in the Hocking than the Ohio I don't think. Maybe baseball. Softball has just been awful year after year after year, so it won't matter what division NY played there. I think that's all the teams unless I forgot something.
Baseball competes and wins against Hocking schools regularly in Baseball.
Softball is on its way to be turned around and compete much much better against Hocking schools.
Track and field has become a very consistent program but with the exception of last year it's almost impossible to compete for the TVC Ohio championship regularly regardless of how successful our kids are individually.
Girls track while having good athletes doesn't have enough numbers to ever think about winning a TVC title in the Ohio.
Cross country will never have enough kids to win a TVC title in the Ohio either.
So, to sum everything up.
Wrestling and football.
We can't compete regularly in the other sports in the Ohio division. Our student athletes deserve the chance to win a league title in those sports.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The ECOL will die once Dover and New Philadelphia go to the Ohio Cardinal Conference in December. Like to see Warren and Fort Frye in the TVC. Maybe send an invite to Oak Hill.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:30 pm

Wellston
River Valley
Meigs
Alex
Oak hill
VC

I doubt Alex would leave NY and Athens.

Also, this is essentially the TVC OHIO minus NY and Athens and adding Oak Hill. This to me says, how can I make a conference that gives my team a better chance of winning a football title?
This is a pretty even conference in terms of numbers. It’s a, let’s have a fair and balanced conference instead of giving the school twice as big every title. Ny can’t compete in just about every other sport, which has been documented already by the Ny fans. So that’s the reasoning. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Return to “Football”