Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by VetteMan »

1coldplayer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:26 pm
The General wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:30 am
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:05 pm I’m surprised Bama hasn’t played one good team yet.
IF Texas A&M played ohio's schedule they would be no worse than 7-1 and more than likely unbeaten. On ANY given day they could beat anyone in the big 14. Dont be remiss thinking any differently.If Ole Miss played ohio's schedule they would be no worse than 6-2 and more than likely 7-1.Even with Defensive issues.But we know teams with those.Arky ST and LAF would both beat at least 3 teams ohio has beaten and probably 4.Maybe 5.

Arkansas is a BETTER football team than THE OSU,Rut,Tulane,TCU,Indy,and Minny,and it would NOT be an upset if they played Purdy and beat them.Tennesee would be no worse than 5-3 and probably 6-2against ohio opponents....Who ,besides MAYBE Psu,out of ohio's opponents would beat MIZZU???.....Dont say Purdue :lol:

And THE TIDE....With LSU....MSU....War Eagle...AND...If they survive this?....Maybe a possible rematch with Georgia?....NOBODY EVER in the big 14 plays anywhere near the competitive schedules THE SEC clubs do. NEVER in any year in reality. Doesnt matter what the narrative the media tries to force on fans.
I stopped reading and started laughing after...Arkansas is a BETTER team than The OSU..

Bwhahaha

You can’t be serious..
I thought that was pretty funny as well. I think the General either works for ESPN or the SEC. I'm not sure of his agenda, but he's sure trying to push it.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Arkansas would kick THE Oregon State University's ass in a football game.Dont you agree?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The General wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:09 am Arkansas would kick THE Oregon State University's ass in a football game.Dont you agree?
I actually think that might be a decent game. Two awful teams :lol:

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Bama is unreal

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Where's Joey??? It pains me to say this but every other team should hand bama the title

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

The General wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:09 am Arkansas would kick THE Oregon State University's ass in a football game.Dont you agree?
I'll agree...

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

How far will LSU drop?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
The General
All State

Post by The General »

mattash wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:44 am How far will LSU drop?
If they drop out of the TOP 8 that would be VERY foolish by this committee. But these committees primarily look at Wins and losses,and dont take into account there are big differences in these Ws and Ls based on competition.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hard to tell. Bama is being considered one of the greatest college football team ever. I don’t see a single team within 30 points of them.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The General wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:51 am
If they drop out of the TOP 8 that would be VERY foolish by this committee. But these committees primarily look at Wins and losses,and dont take into account there are big differences in these Ws and Ls based on competition.
I wholeheartedly agree. Much like the OHSAA system where you've got 6-4 and 5-5 teams that play better competition than 10-0 and 9-1 teams that make the playoffs and could beat them easily head to head but lose and you're automatically tossed to the side.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:24 pm
I wholeheartedly agree. Much like the OHSAA system where you've got 6-4 and 5-5 teams that play better competition than 10-0 and 9-1 teams that make the playoffs and could beat them easily head to head but lose and you're automatically tossed to the side.
The OHSAA system and the CFP system are completely different. The OHSAA uses a points system to figure out who makes and doesn't make the playoffs. The college football system is a bunch of people sitting in a room debating on who should be ranked where.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

I TRULY believe that Joe Burrow did as well last night as he possibly could have. All American and upcoming 1st round Draft choice of THE TIDE # 73 LT Jonah Williams says that Quinnen Williams is like trying to block a 300 LB "Bar of Soap"...Q is about 290...Came in 2 yrs ago about 260 as a 3-star prospect....#92 cashed a BIG CHECK last night..#99 Rake Davis is 6'7 315...#49 Isiah Buggs is 6'4 290 and has had a hell of a year..#48 and #89 Phidarian Mathis and LeBryan Ray are future studs up front.Their Jack (Weakside LB/9 technique)Anfernee Jennings #33 is now starting to get healthy.He had such a TERRIBLE knee injury against Clemson last December he almost lost his leg and has worked his ass off to get back on the field.#9 Freshman Eyabi Anoma is going to be special...And # 47 Christian Miller suffered a torn triceps last year and missed most of the season but is now rounding into shape......And remember...Possibly the 2 top Passrushers for THE TIDE suffered season ending injuries before the year started in Terrell Lewis(Who is elite..had Knee reconstruction in July and wants to be back for THE Iron Bowl or the playoffs if they get in)and Christopher Allen.

The 2 Mike LBs are getting there and are as fast as any group in America..#32 Dylan Moses and #30 Mack Wilson. Mack has been playing with a broken bone in his foot most of the year. THE TIDE lost 6 of their top 7 DBs from last year..#14 Deionte Thompson was the only returnee...# 15 Safety Xavier McKinney has been a pleasant surprise as has Nickle safety #5 Shyheim Carter.#4 Corner Savion Smith started out at LSU,aand #2 Field corner Patrick Surtain is ALREADY as good as any I have seen....Alabama has lost 3 Secondary players to injury in their 2-deep for the year including starting Corner Trevon Diggs...But Nick Saban is the BEST Secondary Coach I have EVER seen on any level....

Joe made several beautiful throws and had some nice runs and scrambles.They knocked him around some but this kid is tough as nails. And he wouldnt just take the gruff from them!...He was Barking right back at them!!...Love that kid!!...Best I EVER saw in Southern Ohio and it is not CLOSE...

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:42 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:24 pm

The OHSAA system and the CFP system are completely different. The OHSAA uses a points system to figure out who makes and doesn't make the playoffs. The college football system is a bunch of people sitting in a room debating on who should be ranked where.
I know and I was just referring to the OHSAA because strength of schedule should factor more prominently in the high school points system but yes, the college playoff rankings are just opinions being made in a room from a panel hand picked by their peers and cronies with no system in effect other than the eye test and opinions they get others to believe.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

College football uses a much more complex system than Harbin points. There are a lot of teams in this area that offer more points than GCL teams

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Harbin points helps with schools that cheat. Those schools get black balled and have to schedule up. DeSales and Cardnial Mooney have struggled to get games. This has helped out Hartley and Akron Hoban. Hobans QB actually lives in Youngstown. They will soon get black balled

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully LSU can end the season with 3 wins

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:48 pm Hopefully LSU can end the season with 3 wins
I think they still play Arkansas, do you know who the other 2 games are with ?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:47 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:48 pm Hopefully LSU can end the season with 3 wins
Rice and Texas A&M

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:40 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:47 pm
Rice and Texas A&M
Thank You !

billco2
Waterboy

Post by billco2 »

If they beat rice they should move up to 4 or 5 anyway.

Return to “Football”