2018/19 FAC

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Re: 2018/19 FAC

Post by Pete_Bell »

Courthouse will be much improved from last year. From what I hear, they have a couple transfers which both play basketball along with adding a 6’5” inside outside player who did not play last season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Are the transfers for sure, and where are they coming from ?

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

A friend of mine who coaches AAU said Jayvon Maughmer is the real deal. I guess he had a really good summer. This is great to hear for Cavalier Nation.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

I am assuming its the same two athletes that played football. I could very well be mistaken.

bear211
Riding the Bench

Re: Frontier Athletic Conference Preseason Pics

Post by bear211 »

Between the Lines wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:26 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:05 pm
Between the Lines wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:32 pm Who are some of the new players coming in this year ?
Like freshman or just knew kids to varsity?
I was looking for Freshmen coming in and making varsity, but why not new players on varsity that can make a impact. So both I guess.
I have also been told another freshman has been practicing with the varsity team. If i can remember correct last name was Blankenship. Not for sure if he will be a big impact this year, but I was told in the upcoming years should be one to keep an eye on.

bear211
Riding the Bench

Post by bear211 »

This goes for Jackson btw

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:15 am A friend of mine who coaches AAU said Jayvon Maughmer is the real deal. I guess he had a really good summer. This is great to hear for Cavalier Nation.
I only saw him play 3 or 4 times last year, I agree, I think he will be one of the best players in the FAC.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Washington CH QB who transferred from Pickerington Central is not enrolled at Court House any more.

I believe they have one transfer whose family is from Court House and who attended elementary school in Court House. He moved back from Arizona and played football as well. He will help.

Everyone else has played in the program — possibly a few who didn’t play last year

Not sure what to expect from them. It would probably be best to wait and see what the roster looks like after Thanksgiving.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Sandman18
Waterboy

Post by Sandman18 »

bear211 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:33 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:05 pm

Like freshman or just knew kids to varsity?
I was looking for Freshmen coming in and making varsity, but why not new players on varsity that can make a impact. So both I guess.
I have also been told another freshman has been practicing with the varsity team. If i can remember correct last name was Blankenship. Not for sure if he will be a big impact this year, but I was told in the upcoming years should be one to keep an eye on.
Holden Blankenship... a true point guard in the making. Will come in to back up Wallis and get the ball up the court. Small in height but has the heart and motor to make up for it.

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Post by Between the Lines »

Jayvon Maughmer, IMO might be the most talented in SEO. This kid knows what a basketball is for. Just plain raw talent.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sandman18 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Holden Blankenship... a true point guard in the making. Will come in to back up Wallis and get the ball up the court. Small in height but has the heart and motor to make up for it.
He and Wallis are the only true PG types in grades 9-12. I’d guess Holden will play some freshman and mostly JV. He’s a good kid with great skills and potential. He’s practicing varsity and I bet Coach Morrow is getting the looks he needs to see. If coach Morrow needs him for some varsity time...that kid will give it all he has. He’s young but definitely has the clutch gene.

I think right now the varsity is low on numbers due to 3 football injuries and maybe driver’s ed. A great opportunity to give some kids looks.

Jackson will be just fine.

Sandman18
Waterboy

Post by Sandman18 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:09 pm
Sandman18 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:06 pm

He and Wallis are the only true PG types in grades 9-12. I’d guess Holden will play some freshman and mostly JV. He’s a good kid with great skills and potential. He’s practicing varsity and I bet Coach Morrow is getting the looks he needs to see. If coach Morrow needs him for some varsity time...that kid will give it all he has. He’s young but definitely has the clutch gene.

I think right now the varsity is low on numbers due to 3 football injuries and maybe driver’s ed. A great opportunity to give some kids looks.

Jackson will be just fine.
Excited to watch the Ironmen this year. Most weapons a jackson basketball team has had in a Long time! I would assume a better season than last year and last year wasn’t bad by any means.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson scrimmaging Canal Winchester, Columbus Academy, Warren Local, Columbus Independence

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

The Blue Lions feature a first year coach in Connor Scott. If i had to guess, their starting lineup will be:

Senior Evan Upthegrove, 5-10 175, very athletic point guard who can shoot. He's a great kid off of the court and will be the leader of this team. He plays basketball 12 months out of the year, true gym rat.

Senior Dillon Steward, 6-0 170, coming off of a stellar football season, Steward will be the best all around player on the floor for the blue lions. He led them in nearly every statistical category a season ago. He has lethal speed and plays with enough confidence for the whole team.

Senior Omar Porter Jr, 6-1 200, this kid moved in from Arizona this summer and was a force on the football field, drawing all-FAC honors. I've never watched the kid play basketball, but from seeing his athleticism during football and how hard he plays, I'm sure he will fit right in and at the very least be a great defender for them.

Senior Blaise Tayese, 6-2 180, Blaise is a very fundamentally sound player, he plays extremely hard and is a great kid on and off the court. He will start at forward for the Blue Lions and should have a great season. He is one of the most coachable kids you could have in your program.

Senior Richie Burns Jr, 6-5 250, Richie didn't play last year, but he had a phenomenal football season and was a solid player as a sophomore for the basketball team. He will be a mismatch underneath for most teams in the league with his great size, strength, and athleticism. He could be a dark horse POY candidate.

I'm assuming Junior Miguel O'Flaherty, 5'9 170, will be the 6th man this season. He plays just as hard as anyone in the conference and is as scrappy a defender as you will find. He will bring a ton of energy and effort off of the bench.

The blue lions should be much improved from their 3 win campaign in 2017, and i look for them to be extremely competitive in FAC play. Good luck to the rest of the league!

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

goblue1395 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:13 am The Blue Lions feature a first year coach in Connor Scott. If i had to guess, their starting lineup will be:

Senior Evan Upthegrove, 5-10 175, very athletic point guard who can shoot. He's a great kid off of the court and will be the leader of this team. He plays basketball 12 months out of the year, true gym rat.

Senior Dillon Steward, 6-0 170, coming off of a stellar football season, Steward will be the best all around player on the floor for the blue lions. He led them in nearly every statistical category a season ago. He has lethal speed and plays with enough confidence for the whole team.

Senior Omar Porter Jr, 6-1 200, this kid moved in from Arizona this summer and was a force on the football field, drawing all-FAC honors. I've never watched the kid play basketball, but from seeing his athleticism during football and how hard he plays, I'm sure he will fit right in and at the very least be a great defender for them.

Senior Blaise Tayese, 6-2 180, Blaise is a very fundamentally sound player, he plays extremely hard and is a great kid on and off the court. He will start at forward for the Blue Lions and should have a great season. He is one of the most coachable kids you could have in your program.

Senior Richie Burns Jr, 6-5 250, Richie didn't play last year, but he had a phenomenal football season and was a solid player as a sophomore for the basketball team. He will be a mismatch underneath for most teams in the league with his great size, strength, and athleticism. He could be a dark horse POY candidate.

I'm assuming Junior Miguel O'Flaherty, 5'9 170, will be the 6th man this season. He plays just as hard as anyone in the conference and is as scrappy a defender as you will find. He will bring a ton of energy and effort off of the bench.

The blue lions should be much improved from their 3 win campaign in 2017, and i look for them to be extremely competitive in FAC play. Good luck to the rest of the league!
Will they try this year? Upthegrove was the only one who remotely gave effort in the 2nd half of last season. Even with a new coach, I can’t imagine that the Blue Lion fans will forget how little pride they played with. I honestly can’t see them finishing over .500, no matter how much “talent” they have

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

HamPorter wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:21 am
goblue1395 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:13 am The Blue Lions feature a first year coach in Connor Scott. If i had to guess, their starting lineup will be:

Will they try this year? Upthegrove was the only one who remotely gave effort in the 2nd half of last season. Even with a new coach, I can’t imagine that the Blue Lion fans will forget how little pride they played with. I honestly can’t see them finishing over .500, no matter how much “talent” they have
They definitely had some culture issues last season, and anyone around the community knows that they are much better than their 3 win record last season and they showed glimpses that they had the ability to play with anyone last season, i.e. a 51-53 loss to Chillicothe at home, a 50-53 loss at home to Jackson, and a 53-60 loss on the road at Gallia. With a team that features a couple new faces from last years squad combined with an experienced core group of guys, I believe that they can make some noise this year. I agree with you though, I would not be shocked at all if this team finishes around .500. With the talent that they have, I wouldn't be shocked if they won the league title, but with the attitude and culture issues of the past, i wouldn't be surprised if they finish .500 and toward the bottom of the league. It will be a very interesting season nonetheless! Haha

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Washington was struggle city the last half of last year. They weren’t bad at all early last year but then they lost it completely.

Coach Scott will help a lot and I bet they are tough for everyone early on.

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Post by Between the Lines »

Good input on Wash CH

Anyone have info on Miami Trace, McClain, & Hillsboro ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hillsboro will have Mason Swayne at PG again I imagine. He led the Boro football team at QB.

Hillsboro’s Star RB Josh Keets could be a big scorer (assuming he plays)...strong kid that’s hard to stop.

I think they have a Haines kid about 6’3 and is a junior.

I think Mycroft graduated.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

McClain has a new coach and return Dalton Mischal as their top player. Might have a sharp shooting freshman in the mix but not sure.

Return to “Boys Basketball”