Post by Blue/92 »

Please Post
  • Key Returns
  • 2019 Schedule

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Gallia Academy 2019???

Post by FANOSPORTS »

8-) First off quit being like OSU, go back to the blue and white uniforms ( the school colors) 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Re: Gallia Academy 2019???

Post by Sunoco »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:04 am 8-) First off quit being like OSU, go back to the blue and white uniforms ( the school colors) 8-)
I would have to agree with this one. Next will be removing the G from helmet and replacing it with the devil pitchfork.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: 2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Outlook

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Does Gallia lose a lot? Qb is leaving that’s a big piece right there.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Burnsdad#1
Waterboy

Post by Burnsdad#1 »

Yea they are losing a lot of talent that will
Be hard to replace . Still have some talent there . I’ve heard several rumors about a few kids transferring out of so that will hurt a little

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Burnsdad#1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:29 pm Yea they are losing a lot of talent that will
Be hard to replace . Still have some talent there . I’ve heard several rumors about a few kids transferring out of so that will hurt a little
With the success that they had this year, OVC championship, making the Playoffs and getting to play a 11th game, why would you think there would be Rumors of kids wanting to transfer ?

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

Replace Jackson for Point Pleasant and Ditto of this year.

Prep Expert
Freshman Team

Post by Prep Expert »

Burns dad #1. You really think those kids are going to transfer to a 1-9 River Valley team that probably didn’t have a 1000 yards in offense for the year? Or are they going to transfer to South Gallia which got beat by River Valley?

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

I would assume there may be a kid or two transfer because they didn’t get the playing time they thought they should even though they weren’t good enough. It happen in the past when GA was winning. And of course the current HC at RV did a lot of recruiting in town when he was at SG so he may be doing the same thing again. But again who would want to transfer to either school at this time. Both programs are in a decline again.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Blue Devils will be fine. Coach Penrod has brought back the enthusiasim. Lots of young talent coming up.

1STUNNA
Waterboy

Post by 1STUNNA »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:54 am Blue Devils will be fine. Coach Penrod has brought back the enthusiasim. Lots of young talent coming up.
Talent level from 7th grade up looks promising.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I was told a while back that Coach Penrod was trying to use the pitchfork on the helmet, not sure what stopped it from happening, but it was held up somewhere along the line.

Position wise, i think the biggest open spot will be losing their QB. Not that the other seniors won't be missed, but the QB spot is critical. I think what GA will be missing most, is the senior leadership, namely, Cole Davis. He might not have the size, but he was an emotional leader on that team. He would go toe to toe with anyone, no matter the size difference. Kids fed off that, he was able to really bring the fire out in the kids around him.

I believe the team will be fine next year. Maybe not a playoff team next year, but in a year or two, they will be back and playing in week 11.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Burnsdad#1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:29 pm Yea they are losing a lot of talent that will
Really? And where did you hear this from? Where are they transferring to? I call a whole lot of BS here. One key part of the offense they are not losing is James Armstrong. Kid is going to be scary good next two years.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:25 am I was told a while back that Coach Penrod was trying to use the pitchfork on the helmet, not sure what stopped it from happening, but it was held up somewhere along the line.

Position wise, i think the biggest open spot will be losing their QB. Not that the other seniors won't be missed, but the QB spot is critical. I think what GA will be missing most, is the senior leadership, namely, Cole Davis. He might not have the size, but he was an emotional leader on that team. He would go toe to toe with anyone, no matter the size difference. Kids fed off that, he was able to really bring the fire out in the kids around him.

I believe the team will be fine next year. Maybe not a playoff team next year, but in a year or two, they will be back and playing in week 11.
I think they're gonnna miss those backs/linebackers a lot too. Big quick athletic kids. Looking at the roster it looks like the position where there aren't obvious bodies to replace Campbell/Pullins/Waller.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:36 am
Fonzie wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:25 am I was told a while back that Coach Penrod was trying to use the pitchfork on the helmet, not sure what stopped it from happening, but it was held up somewhere along the line.

I think they're gonnna miss those backs/linebackers a lot too. Big quick athletic kids. Looking at the roster it looks like the position where there aren't obvious bodies to replace Campbell/Pullins/Waller.
No argument coming from me here. Pullins was a bit of a workhorse for them this year in the backfield, which I believe they are able to replace with young talent, but on the defensive side, it will be more difficult to replace him. Campbell was out here and there with injury, so hopefully they found out during those times, who might be ready to fill his shoes.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Defensively they will need to find answers at linebacker. I think the rest of the defensive unit will be stronger next year then this year.

Honestly offensively I think they will be more talented then this year and actually they should be able to put is lot of talented teams on the field for several years to come.

The problem is going to come from experience a lot of the seniors have scene significant playing time since beginning of sophomore year.

If the 2019 squad commits to off season program the way this years did. I think they will be just fine. 9-1 fine probably not. But a 7-3 record and in the middle of things I think would be reasonable.

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Where is the kid that was QB for the JV a couple seasons ago. Didn't throw much but had some wheels. Did he transfer or move?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Blue/92 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:07 pm Where is the kid that was QB for the JV a couple seasons ago. Didn't throw much but had some wheels. Did he transfer or move?
Probably talking about Ryan Donovsky. He is a talented a kid. What hurt him was taking a year off. He played this past season, but not sure he was on the depth chart at QB.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I am not sure he was even interested in QB. He is a good defensive back and not sure next year we won’t be part of the running back group they use.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Good to see the Blue Devil program back on track and making progress. I hope they get the facilities they deserve. Keep up the good work.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D

Return to “Football”