Lucas 33 Waterford 14 Round 2 Region 27 2018

carbon_dated
All State

Re: #4 Waterford vs. #1 Lucas

Post by carbon_dated »

surfsider wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:01 am Having seen Lucas play and seeing Waterford's highlights on Gridiron Glory this is a total mismatch.
Cubs win convincingly. Running clock before its over.
Too physical for Wildcats, but congrats on nice season.
Totally agree. The all Ohio RB for Lucas broke the all-time school rushing record. He's a freight train.
If Waterford scores twice I'll buy Amazon gift cards for the cheerleaders.

Cats claw
Riding the Bench

Post by Cats claw »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:15 pm
pkrplyr wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:57 pm
MeanGreen2k16 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:30 pm
Sorry for the typo i didn’t go to school for the book learning just to keep good enough grades to play against teams like trimble where you have to match the intensity and have multiple options on the offensive side of the ball cause trimble will stop power running teams in fact didn’t they beat a power running team last year in the first round of the playoffs on the road?
My predictions
Trimble over hp by 3+ scores
Waterford Lucas in a toss up, NOT a blowout
If Lucas advances
Trimble over Lucas by 3+ scores
We will see how far off these predictions are in the next two weeks! Good luck to all but Go Wildcats!
Trimble is a 3 TD favorite over Lucas? Hahahaha. Last year, Trimble won by a single point when late in the game Lucas went for two and didn't get it. Now, this year, Trimble has improved to the point in which they pound Lucas by 3 scores? Lucas has somehow gotten worse since then? Hmmm. Let us look at this objectively. 1) Lucas has played a FAR tougher schedule (5 of 108) and has FAR better wins. 2) Lucas is the #1 seed for a reason. 3) Lucas just beat undefeated, state-ranked D6 LCC two weeks ago on their field while the Cats were playing the bottom of the barrel in D7. 4) Lucas played and smoked (40-6) D4 Aiken > Indian Hill > CHCA > Trimble. Like I said, I get it, this is a SEO website. You all are a proud bunch. Trimble is a good program. I get that...But come on, man. You guys are not going up against Miller or Southern here. 3 scores? That is laughable.
Don't forget Trimble took knees and ran the clock out when they got down to the 3 first and goal.
As did Waterford at the philo playoff game. Shows respect by both teams

Cats claw
Riding the Bench

Post by Cats claw »

carbon_dated wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:34 pm
surfsider wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:01 am Having seen Lucas play and seeing Waterford's highlights on Gridiron Glory this is a total mismatch.
Totally agree. The all Ohio RB for Lucas broke the all-time school rushing record. He's a freight train.
We will hold you to that. We have 33 cheerleaders but only 8 get in free lol

jpq1
Waterboy

Post by jpq1 »

Cats claw wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:42 pm
ttomcat 80 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:15 pm
pkrplyr wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:57 pm

Trimble is a 3 TD favorite over Lucas? Hahahaha. Last year, Trimble won by a single point when late in the game Lucas went for two and didn't get it. Now, this year, Trimble has improved to the point in which they pound Lucas by 3 scores? Lucas has somehow gotten worse since then? Hmmm. Let us look at this objectively. 1) Lucas has played a FAR tougher schedule (5 of 108) and has FAR better wins. 2) Lucas is the #1 seed for a reason. 3) Lucas just beat undefeated, state-ranked D6 LCC two weeks ago on their field while the Cats were playing the bottom of the barrel in D7. 4) Lucas played and smoked (40-6) D4 Aiken > Indian Hill > CHCA > Trimble. Like I said, I get it, this is a SEO website. You all are a proud bunch. Trimble is a good program. I get that...But come on, man. You guys are not going up against Miller or Southern here. 3 scores? That is laughable.
Don't forget Trimble took knees and ran the clock out when they got down to the 3 first and goal.
As did Waterford at the philo playoff game. Shows respect by both teams
Wasn't a respect thing at our place. If they would have scored we would have had time to possibly score ourselves. By downing it, it left us 99 yds and less than a minute to score. That's smart football. Got to respect that.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Lucas has beat some real good teams this year.It will be hard for anyone in the region to beat them

pkrplyr
Riding the Bench

Post by pkrplyr »

The time for talk is almost over, folks. Let us see who knows how to make accurate predictions. Lol. Sincerely though, hoping for a respectful, injury free, well officiated game for both teams. At the end of the night, let the chips fall where they may.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Coach Spitler and the Cubs move on. Rematch with Trimble.

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

dilligaf wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:32 am Well see if lucas can stand up to them 6'6" 330 pound lineman of Waterford the whole game
Actually... they have one close. 6'5" 315lbs

sharpshooter
Riding the Bench

Post by sharpshooter »

bbtrucking.inc wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:01 am
dilligaf wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:32 am Well see if lucas can stand up to them 6'6" 330 pound lineman of Waterford the whole game
Actually... they have one close. 6'5" 315lbs
@dilligaf is a troll.

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

Kendog029 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:03 pm This game will come down to the trenches! If Waterford can give Stephens and Bellville time this game will be close. If Lucas line gets the push Lucas will pick the score. That’s a Waterford fan calling it like I see it. I watched 1st half of lcc v Lucas and Lucas defense isn’t invinsable, but if Stephens and Bellville don’t get time for plays to develop those holes will never get exposed.
They'll need to come sharp to play also, the line can show up and obliterate the Lucas line, but if the QB cant throw and the recievers cant catch, the line no longer matters. Im just saying if waterford loses you cant only blame it on the line like everyone did in the TRimble did.

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

The all-ohio RB for waterford broke the all-time school rushing record. He's a freight train.
Have fun buying amazon gift cards.

Bernie Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Bernie Kosar »

Don’t think this will be a game, Lucas wins big

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

Bernie Kosar wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:25 am Don’t think this will be a game, Lucas wins big
Why is that, just asking for you to elaborate.

Bernie Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Bernie Kosar »

Strength of schedule, would love to see an upset

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

Bernie Kosar wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:36 am Strength of schedule, would love to see an upset
Good Reason. Waterford did play with FF tho. STill Lucas' is better.

pkrplyr
Riding the Bench

Post by pkrplyr »

bbtrucking.inc wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:19 am
The all-ohio RB for waterford broke the all-time school rushing record. He's a freight train.
Lol...gift cards. You guys are great. Funny stuff.

Jeb Grover - 2,218 yards, 35+ TDs, 6,025 career rushing yards (currently 24th all-time and climbing)
Braden Bellville - 1,278 yards, 17 TDs

Not taking anything away from the Waterford RB, but the Lucas RB has him doubled up statistically.

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

pkrplyr wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:49 am

Jeb Grover - 2,218 yards, 35+ TDs, 6,025 career rushing yards (currently 24th all-time and climbing)

Not taking anything away from the Waterford RB, but the Lucas RB has him doubled up statistically.
Um doubled this year maybe. 1826yds 28 tds last year. 4,210 career. Waterford doesnt run every play. Grover probably has 350-400 carriers on the year. and bellville has 150. Gotta look at per carry. I agree that Grover is more detrimental to his team, but that is not a good thing. He gets shut down or hurt and then what? Lucas will be in a big ol pickle.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Cats claw wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:54 am
pkrplyr wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:35 am
Lol
I think Waterford has the skill players to play with Lucas ,the line play will make the difference if they play like at ff or Berne we will be fine if we play like at Trimble there will be similar results
Good analogy as line play will decide this game IMO , especially in a game where you have a running back for Lucas that for all practical purposes is 75% of their offense.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
pkrplyr
Riding the Bench

Post by pkrplyr »

bbtrucking.inc wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:43 am
pkrplyr wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:49 am

Um doubled this year maybe. 1826yds 28 tds last year. 4,210 career. Waterford doesnt run every play. Grover probably has 350-400 carriers on the year. and bellville has 150. Gotta look at per carry. I agree that Grover is more detrimental to his team, but that is not a good thing. He gets shut down or hurt and then what? Lucas will be in a big ol pickle.
"Gotta look at per carry"

Grover has 244 carries for 2,218 yards = 9.1 YPC. Bellville is at 178 for 1,278 yards = 7.2 YPC. Heck, Grover just had a game of 5 carries for 209 yards and 4 rushing TDs. Two for more than 70 yds. So YPC argument clearly goes to Grover. Both have great YPC averages, however, think of the schedule Grover has done it against compared to the Waterford schedule. In saying all of this, Lucas has more than Grover. They have two other high quality backs that have combined for close to 1,000 yards and 9 TDs (Thomas, 77 carries for 648 yards = 8.4 YPC). A 6'-3" QB that runs hard and has a great arm (11 TDs). They can throw when need be, just haven't needed to. 2 quick WRs and 2 TEs, both with great hands. I have seen many of their games. They are a complete team.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

knowledge wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:37 am Coach Spitler and the Cubs move on. Rematch with Trimble.
Trimbld will have to win a shoot out first for that to happen.

Return to “Football”