Best Pregame tailgate recipes

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Best Pregame tailgate recipes

Post by Rutterkickballer »

Everyone knows its important to have the right grub to go along with some cold beverages at the tailgate parties. Feel free to share your recipes or make comments about the foods you love most. Its always good to recommend the beer that goes with the food.....

Warm Spinach-Sweet Onion Dip with Country Ham Recipe
How to Make It
Step 1
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium. Add onions, and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to a medium bowl, and wipe skillet clean.

Step 2
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high. Add ham, and cook, stirring often, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove ham from skillet, and drain on paper towels.

Step 3
Add cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, and ham to onion mixture in bowl, and stir until blended. Spoon mixture into cast-iron skillet. Cover and chill until ready to transport to tailgate. (Recipe can be made up to 1 day ahead. Be sure skillet cools completely before returning dip to skillet.) Transport to tailgate in a cooler.

Step 4
Light 1 side of grill, heating to medium (350°F to 400°F), and leave other side unlit. Uncover skillet; place over unlit side of grill, and heat, covered with grill lid, stirring every 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and smooth, about 20 minutes. Serve with pita chips or toasted French bread slices.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Re: Best Pregame tailgate recipes

Post by NY Tomcat »

Hopefully we can hear about some on the radio this weekend. I would like to share my award winning chili cook-off recipe, but I would rather continue to win every competition I enter it in so I'll keep it to myself. :mrgreen:

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

In large cooler mix ice and beer.
Chill beer for 1 hour
Open beer, pour into large frosted mug
Set back side on tailgate or lawn chair( cooler can be substituted in a pinch, but be prepared to get up a lot cause your buddy’s will have conveniently forgot to bring theirs).
Tip mug towards mouth until contents disappears.
Repeat until game time.

Optional
Throw a game of corn hole
Eat a brautworst
Talk smack to opposing fans

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Finally a post I can get behind 😂

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:39 pm In large cooler mix ice and beer.
Chill beer for 1 hour
Open beer, pour into large frosted mug
Set back side on tailgate or lawn chair( cooler can be substituted in a pinch, but be prepared to get up a lot cause your buddy’s will have conveniently forgot to bring theirs).
Tip mug towards mouth until contents disappears.
Repeat until game time.

Optional
Throw a game of corn hole
Eat a brautworst
Talk smack to opposing fans
I remember those days....lol

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “Football”