Wheelersburg 35 Jamestown Greenview 13 Round 2 Region 20 2018

14U
S

Re: #5 Jamestown Greenview vs #1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by 14U »

This is a trap game for Burg with(should be)Madison next week!! I watched Burg many times over the years and that’s one thing that’s pounded in their head, one game at a time, play hard with discipline at ur position and never quit until the clock shows 0:00.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Me and a couple friends that I sit with each week got to talking. If burg was to win the title for the 2nd straight season even though he’s not the all time wins leader in burg history would back to back state titles make rob the best coach in burg history

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:31 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:02 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Any reason given as to why he was away?
His daughter plays on a national travel softball team. Or had the opportunity to this year.
She’s a stud like her dad
Yes she is

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:53 pm Me and a couple friends that I sit with each week got to talking. If burg was to win the title for the 2nd straight season even though he’s not the all time wins leader in burg history would back to back state titles make rob the best coach in burg history
I’d think you would have to start that conversation. It’s hard to put anyone ahead of The Godfather of burg football, but man, you could make that case

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:59 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:53 pm Me and a couple friends that I sit with each week got to talking. If burg was to win the title for the 2nd straight season even though he’s not the all time wins leader in burg history would back to back state titles make rob the best coach in burg history
I’d think you would have to start that conversation. It’s hard to put anyone ahead of The Godfather of burg football, but man, you could make that case
IKR!! If it wasn’t for ed we wouldn’t be what we are that’s for darn sure

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

All Coach Woodward should have to do, if he senses anyone looking past Greeneview, is bring up 2016’s regional final loss to Coshocton.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

If the playoff system during coach Millers tenure was set up the way it is now I think coach may have had a few more State championships. 70’s and 80’s fewer divisions and fewer teams from each region made it in

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Much easier now for burg to succeed or even make playoffs than it was in coach Millers years

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Do the gates open at 530 today?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:37 pm Do the gates open at 530 today?
Yes, 5:30

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:41 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:37 pm Do the gates open at 530 today?
Yes, 5:30

Thanks

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

#GAMEDAY #GoBurg

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Old Canal Smokehouse on Water st. Is awesome highly recommended

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

GOLD luck BURG!

Step 2...

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Let's go burg! Ordinary kids doing extraordinary things. Wuddya say captain Jack??!!

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Doesn’t burg have FB BROADCAST?
If so, can any1 help out some1 who uses fb very very rarely on how to view Game. Haven’t seen burg play since after half in ironton game.
TY

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:23 pm I am a Burg grad and one of their biggest fans. I just want to say something about sportsmanship. I just don't think it's very nice or cool or whatever when people bash teams the Burg is played or about to play. Like saying that Greeneview is a bad team . Even if that's true it's not right for people to get on here and bash these young men who work their butts off to be the best they can be. Let's just let the score at the end of the game tell the story. Greeneview must be halfway descent to win a playoff game . Not all teams are on the same level as other teams. But as we all have seen anything can happen come game time and let these kids do the talking on the field! Ok rant over! Go BURG

Very good & honorable post. If we could find atleat 1/2 the class this poster displays, perhaps bullying/hatred would start to diminish!

I appreciate YOU!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:58 pm
Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:23 pm I am a Burg grad and one of their biggest fans. I just want to say something about sportsmanship. I just don't think it's very nice or cool or whatever when people bash teams the Burg is played or about to play. Like saying that Greeneview is a bad team . Even if that's true it's not right for people to get on here and bash these young men who work their butts off to be the best they can be. Let's just let the score at the end of the game tell the story. Greeneview must be halfway descent to win a playoff game . Not all teams are on the same level as other teams. But as we all have seen anything can happen come game time and let these kids do the talking on the field! Ok rant over! Go BURG

Very good & honorable post. If we could find atleat 1/2 the class this poster displays, perhaps bullying/hatred would start to diminish!

I appreciate YOU!
Brought the same thing up last year when everyone was predicting running clocks every week. Don’t really know what’s wrong with saying if burg plays their game they will be ok 👍

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

If they play their A game they will do really well.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

fbnut wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:08 am
If the playoff system during coach Millers tenure was set up the way it is now I think coach may have had a few more State championships. 70’s and 80’s fewer divisions and fewer teams from each region made it in
If they didn’t go divisions in 89 they would have played State Champs Ironton first round!!

Return to “Football”