2019 Portsmouth Trojans Outlook

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Can everyone take a look at the Portsmouth Trojans (7-3) with first year head coach Kalb

Post by fbnut »

It would be funny to see 2 of the Trojans alltime great running backs playing for the burg

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Can everyone take a look at the Portsmouth Trojans (7-3) with first year head coach Kalb

Post by Kicker. »

Mathews is returning for Burg too right? He's a great back in his own with that offense I can't imagine Parker getting a good amount of touches sharing that back field with Mathews

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Mathews is more of a slot receiver not a RB. Parker would fit in nicely and would get his touches. Burgs offensive line should be very good next year

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Kicker. wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:36 pm Mathews is returning for Burg too right? He's a great back in his own with that offense I can't imagine Parker getting a good amount of touches sharing that back field with Mathews
They don’t use Mathews like a true tailback
Very rare to see Mathews line up at tailback
Someone will have to replace holdens touches

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Where to the Parker’s like to vacation? LOL 😂

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

fbnut wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:42 pm
Kicker. wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:36 pm Mathews is returning for Burg too right? He's a great back in his own with that offense I can't imagine Parker getting a good amount of touches sharing that back field with Mathews
They don’t use Mathews like a true tailback
Very rare to see Mathews line up at tailback
Someone will have to replace holdens touches

gotcha it makes sense now after your post

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: 2019 Portsmouth Trojans Outlook

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth has some kinks to work out. Parker is back and that’s going to be the game plan. Qb and line. Linebacker as well. Boys have confidence after this year. I’d get them together and say who wants it and who wants to start working now. It’s also the kids who need to work. Get in swim, powerlifting, track. It doesn’t matter if you’re good. Use it to get in or stay in shape. Ovc is going to be weak next year except Ironton. Trojans could have a great year.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Trojan Horse
Waterboy

Post by Trojan Horse »

Optimism is great, but outside of Parker I don't see it. O-lone is gone and running with Parker is all we had. JV didn't have much and freshman class isn't very good.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

fbnut wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:28 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:45 pm Parker won’t go anywhere. All his friends are at Portsmouth. And as good as Parker is would he fit burgs offense? That rumor is false.
He would fit great in burgs offense
Wouldn’t get 30 touches a game and wouldn’t have the stats but would win more games and go deeper in playoffs
Parker is getting noticed by D1 schools playing at Portsmouth. He doesn't need Burg as much as they need/want him. I say stay and graduate with your friends.

Trojan Horse
Waterboy

Post by Trojan Horse »

CGFAN#1 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:06 pm
fbnut wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:28 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:45 pm Parker won’t go anywhere. All his friends are at Portsmouth. And as good as Parker is would he fit burgs offense? That rumor is false.
He would fit great in burgs offense
Wouldn’t get 30 touches a game and wouldn’t have the stats but would win more games and go deeper in playoffs
Parker is getting noticed by D1 schools playing at Portsmouth. He doesn't need Burg as much as they need/want him. I say stay and graduate with your friends.
How did playing at Wheelersburg help Tanner Holden? It didn't. He could've went to one day camp and got a mid major offer like Wright State. East has had more D1 players than Wheelersburg has had

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Trojan Horse wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:16 pm Optimism is great, but outside of Parker I don't see it. O-lone is gone and running with Parker is all we had. JV didn't have much and freshman class isn't very good.
This is how I view Trojans for 2019 season, unless the rest of the OVC teams lose players and take a step back I really think Trojans are a 4 maybe 5 win team next year at best. Losing that line is going to really hurt and I'm afraid without that line and if there's no passing game developed that Parker will really struggle for his senior year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

REDMEN95 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 am Rumor is Parker will be playing for the Pirates next year...is this true??
They rumored this exact thing last year, his mom doesn't want him playing at Burg. Honestly didn't think she wanted him anywhere but P-town however, I've heard Waverly has been mentioned.

Return to “Football”