TVC Expansion

pkrplyr
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC Expansion

Post by pkrplyr »

I hear the small school division of the TVC is expanding. Next year they are adding 2 teams, Franklin Furnace Green and the yearly local pee-wee all-stars.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

pkrplyr wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:20 am I hear the small school division of the TVC is expanding. Next year they are adding 2 teams, Franklin Furnace Green and the yearly local pee-wee all-stars.
Give it a rest already......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

There sure are a lot of championship years marked on banners in multiple sports hanging on the wall at Wagner Gymnasium for NY not being able to compete in most sports.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:45 pm There sure are a lot of championship years marked on banners in multiple sports hanging on the wall at Wagner Gymnasium for NY not being able to compete in most sports.
How many since Nelsonville-York has gotten as small as it is?
Football, wrestling, and last year's boys track title, and a couple girls basketball titles are all that's been hung in the last several years.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:56 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:45 pm There sure are a lot of championship years marked on banners in multiple sports hanging on the wall at Wagner Gymnasium for NY not being able to compete in most sports.
How many since Nelsonville-York has gotten as small as it is?
Football, wrestling, and last year's boys track title, and a couple girls basketball titles are all that's been hung in the last several years.
We just don't have the numbers to compete with the larger schools.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

We have more banners than most schools. Since Athens joined, I think NY has won more overall conference titles in all sports than any other school except Athens.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I’m not going to comment on the expansion thing as I hurt a lot of people’s feelings when I do. But I will say this, The TVC is top and bottom heavy. If you look at the number, most schools are either above 200 boys or below 100. There isn’t much middle ground. Ny, Wellston, Belpre and Federal hocking are really the only schools in that middle ground area. Could this be fixed with an addition of a middle division? Probably. But I’m not allowed to talk about that kind of stuff anymore. I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

2018 Numbers

Ohio

Athens 334 D3
VC 252 D4
Meigs 213 D4
Alex 210 D5
River Valley 203 D5
Wellston 176 D5
NY 147 D6

Hocking
Belpre 125 D6
Fed Hock 119 D6
Trimble 105 D7
Eastern 102 D7
Wahama 91 D7
Southern 91D7
S Gallia 91 D7
Miller 82 D7
Waterford 78 D7

Others in the geographical footprint of the TVC.

Logan-509 D2
Marietta-348 D3
Jackson-304 D3
Warren-299 D3
Gallia-238 D4
Oak Hill-172 D5
Fort Frye-148 D6

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I think NY is fine right where they are. Along with the TVC.. I don’t see why things really need to change I think it’s a pretty solid conference for what it is. You see all these leagues fail and the TVC has remained solid for a good time now. Like I said I can see the Ohio adding one team but that’s about all I think is really necessary.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:43 pm I think NY is fine right where they are. Along with the TVC.. I don’t see why things really need to change I think it’s a pretty solid conference for what it is. You see all these leagues fail and the TVC has remained solid for a good time now. Like I said I can see the Ohio adding one team but that’s about all I think is really necessary.
+1

Perfect world we trade South Gallia for Oak Hill and have 8 teams in each division.

Rear View Mirror
Waterboy

Post by Rear View Mirror »

Why would anything change? The TVC has not only been more successful in the Football playoffs, but they have 2 girls basketball state title, several finals appearances. Titles in Volleyball. Trimble cross country just ran in the State tournament. Athens played for a state title a few years ago as did Trimble. Wahama has won titles in both football and baseball since joining the league. These leagues should be based on more than football. Girls athletics has been very successful across the TVC in recent years thanks to this league and the competition in it. This is dumb topic and one that should never happen. Leave it the way it is period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I think as a se Ohio league it would be negligence to continue to allow schools to not have a league to join. If there are teams in the area that need a league let's add them split into 3 divisions Ohio Hocking and little Hocking and call it a night...add Warren and Logan and anyone else move NY down into the middle. Why a conference would not even discuss expansion to help other se Ohio school's out is beyond me

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 pm I think as a se Ohio league it would be negligence to continue to allow schools to not have a league to join. If there are teams in the area that need a league let's add them split into 3 divisions Ohio Hocking and little Hocking and call it a night...add Warren and Logan and anyone else move NY down into the middle. Why a conference would not even discuss expansion to help other se Ohio school's out is beyond me
They talk expansion almost every year as different teams apply - and it's voted down, so your last sentence is false.

As far as reasons not to expand - how about learning from the mistakes of others? The SEOAL expanded, and then collapsed

Rear View Mirror
Waterboy

Post by Rear View Mirror »

Let them create their own league.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Rear View Mirror wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:03 pm Let them create their own league.
One reason to add one team to the Ohio is scheduling. A lot of surrounding leagues are starting to even out. It's getting tougher & tougher to find bye week non conference games .... And it's going to get even tougher in the next few years.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Then they did not discuss it seriously enough...you add wahama and South galia but vote down other schools, what is everyone afraid of? I say no to 8 team divisions and try for 3 or 4 six team divisions...who all is in need of a place to play?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:08 pm Then they did not discuss it seriously enough...you add wahama and South galia but vote down other schools, what is everyone afraid of? I say no to 8 team divisions and try for 3 or 4 six team divisions...who all is in need of a place to play?
Nobody now.
Just Logan, a school with over 500 boys.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I guess Fort Frye does.
Perhaps the Ohio adds the Cadets to get to 8.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:12 pm The ECOL will die once Dover and New Philadelphia go to the Ohio Cardinal Conference in December. Like to see Warren and Fort Frye in the TVC. Maybe send an invite to Oak Hill.
These teams?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Warren is joining the ECOL
Oak Hill is in the SOC

The ECOL won't die.

Return to “Football”