SEOP

Re: Region 11 Finals: Eastmoor Academy vs. Sheridan

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good Luck to The Generals!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am betting the Generals crowd out number the Eastmoor crowd 4-1.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Go Warriors!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:12 pm I am betting the Generals crowd out number the Eastmoor crowd 4-1.
Probably more like 8-1. City league teams haven't really been "communities" since they started busing in 1979 to help integrate schools in Columbus. That's also coincided with the timeframe when you started see small towns like Pickerington, Hilliard, Grove City, Gahanna and Dublin start to double, triple and quadruple their populations and school districts. City schools got much smaller and the suburbs boomed and haven't stopped yet. Sad but true :(

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I agree very sad.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Eastmoor 20 - Sheridan 14 (Good hard hitting game, Eastmoor down to 3rd string rb most of 2nd half after Savon Edwards got hurt for 2nd time in 2 weeks but he had 2 td's in 3rd qtr before he went out).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Congrats to both teams on a great game! I felt Sheridan just couldn't break Eastmoor all night. Eastmoor looked great all around, but I'm not sure if they have enough to win next week! Good luck Eastmoor! Great season Generals!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I will post pics and article later.

32 was sharing carries with #23 for Eastmoor with #1 getting some touches.
In the 2nd #2 was featured until he got hurt. Then #23 took over and he too got hurt and that is when #1 was the go to guy.

The biggest action of the night took place one row of seats in front of me.
Two 300 pound guys started fighting bigtime.A lot of haymakers being thrown. The guy who started it took advantage of the other guy. who was setting, while he was getting punched in the face. When he finally got up he was laying into his opponent until a third guy joined in and they tag teamed him. It last 5 minutes or so. The two tag team members left and when the third guy cleared the cob webs he too left apparently looking for his two foes.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:11 pm I will post pics and article later.

32 was sharing carries with #23 for Eastmoor with #1 getting some touches.
In the 2nd #2 was featured until he got hurt. Then #23 took over and he too got hurt and that is when #1 was the go to guy.

The biggest action of the night took place one row of seats in front of me.
Two 300 pound guys started fighting bigtime.A lot of haymakers being thrown. The guy who started it took advantage of the other guy. who was setting, while he was getting punched in the face. When he finally got up he was laying into his opponent until a third guy joined in and they tag teamed him. It last 5 minutes or so. The two tag team members left and when the third guy cleared the cob webs he too left apparently looking for his two foes.
Hope you got some good pics of the fight. Would like to see those as well. :lol:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Did not take any pics of the fight. I was more
concerned with not getting hit. My camera bag got wrapped around one if the fighters arm. When I reached for it I thought I was going to lose my arm.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:11 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:18 pm
JHS Pride wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:28 pm

Really??? Did you see what eastmoore did tho Hartley?? Eastmoore is a very dangerous team, speed all day!!!
Exactly, Eastmoor getting no respect after beating Hartley. Why would Sheridan be happy they are not playing the lesser of the opponents????
Hartley's whole backfield had some type of injuries for the last 3 weeks and it finally caught up to them last week when Fleming got hurt also so that meant their whole starting backfield was basically out. Eastmoor's QB and 30 td man didn't play 2nd half because of a separated shoulder. We'll see what happens Friday.
Well then, if the Eastmoor administration had any class they would forfeit the victory and let Hartley advance since they were the better team.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:47 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:11 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Exactly, Eastmoor getting no respect after beating Hartley. Why would Sheridan be happy they are not playing the lesser of the opponents????
Hartley's whole backfield had some type of injuries for the last 3 weeks and it finally caught up to them last week when Fleming got hurt also so that meant their whole starting backfield was basically out. Eastmoor's QB and 30 td man didn't play 2nd half because of a separated shoulder. We'll see what happens Friday.
Well then, if the Eastmoor administration had any class they would forfeit the victory and let Hartley advance since they were the better team.
I mean... Hartley does have fewer kids per square mile than Eastmoor does. :mrgreen:

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:36 pm Did not take any pics of the fight. I was more
concerned with not getting hit. My camera bag got wrapped around one if the fighters arm. When I reached for it I thought I was going to lose my arm.
Still waters run deep, LCF - never figured you to mix it up with the parents in the stands. :mrgreen:

Wow, that was strange. Glad you made it out there in one piece. I heard they were both Eastmoor fans, so what were they fighting about? Playing time for their kids?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I am not sure what they were fighting about, but know alcohol was a factor.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:41 pmI mean... Hartley does have fewer kids per square mile than Eastmoor does.
Eastmoor draws from the entire city of Columbus. It's not a neighborhood school. It's an alternative high school. It's the designated STEM alternative high school for Columbus. It's boundaries are the entire Columbus City Schools district.

A few years ago, Columbus City schools adopted a feeder school pattern for it with Berwick Alternative being the designated feeder for Eastmoor. Berwick is a city-wide alternative elementary. Before that, Berwick kids had to apply to participate in a city-wide lottery to get into Eastmoor. Some decent percentage of the lottery losers who were football-minded ended up at Hartley. Eastmoor holds 20% of its controlled admission level for kids who didn't go to Berwick, so it still had a CBP of 28.

Vouchers are a losing proposition for any private school. The state gives $6000 to the private school that takes a voucher kid. The private school cost per student is roughly $9000. The school was required by the state to eat the loss until 2015 or so. For that reason, Hartley would only accept applications from 5-10 voucher kids per year. Contrary to popular perception about Catholic schools being loaded with money (yeah Eds, Ignatius, GCL, Hoban, SVSM, Mooney, Ursuline aside), it just wasn't financially feasible. Plus. Hate to say it, but the families paying the full tuition rate weren't going to tolerate covering the cost. Rich people living in yuppie areas put limits on charity to "those people." And contrary to the perceptions of outsiders, the vouchers were a representative mix of the student body. There's still plenty of not so rich white Catholic kids on the east side whose families can't afford moving to Gahanna or Pickerington. The voucher kids had never been all or even mostly athletes.

After the state passed the law allowing the privates to collect the difference, the Bishop said no for the first year before sound fiscal judgment kicked in. Having to pay $3000 to go to Hartley is still beyond the reach of many of the Alternative high school customers when the alternative school is free, busing is provided, and the feeder pattern eliminates the need to go thru the lottery process for the second time.

Eastmoor requires uniforms. Eastmoor has an academic admissions test and academic standards to stay in. Eastmoor has strict behavior and discipline policies. 98% of the kids graduate. 30% of the kids take AP classes. Most of the kids go onto post-secondary education. Academically, it's not a Hartley. It would be laughable to compare the two. But it's no Columbus East either. It has the same structural advantages that Hartley has. It just doesn't have the suburban white kids in the building. Eastmoor has 100 more kids in the building than Hartley. And they out-athleted Hartley on the field. People who don't know better think that because Eastmoor is a "city school" that it's going to have the same kinds of mental discipline problems that most city schools do that prevent them from making deep runs into the playoffs. They don't. And they have pretty good coaching.

Return to “Football”