What are you thankful for......

General Chat
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

What are you thankful for......

Post by OHHS old timer »

Well.....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: What are you thankful for......

Post by OHHS old timer »

I am thankful for a loving and merciful God. Without Him and His grace, I would not have survived hurricane Michael. Nor would I have survived the Ramstein Airshow Disaster on Aug 28 1988.

There is more but, now it's your turn.....

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

I’m tankful for SEOPs and the banter it brings to H.S. sports. Long live SEOPs....HAPPY THANKSGIVING...🦃.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Thankful for this site and awesome people on here! 😊

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Thankful for breaking free sanctioning chains! I am a reformed born again poster!
Health wealth faith family friends
Most importantly my foes on here.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:38 pm Thankful for breaking free sanctioning chains! I am a reformed born again poster!
:lol: :lol:
Post of the day!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

:D :D
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:48 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:38 pm Thankful for breaking free sanctioning chains! I am a reformed born again poster!
:lol: :lol:
Post of the day!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I am thankful for god helping me battle stage 4 metastasized cancer this year so I. could watch another year of highschool football and hoping he hangs around this year.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

dilligaf wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:14 pm I am thankful for god helping me battle stage 4 metastasized cancer this year so I. could watch another year of highschool football and hoping he hangs around this year.
I'll be praying for you dilligaf....and so will others here.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

thank you very much

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Valenth wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:09 am Thankful for this site and awesome people on here! 😊
Big 10-4 Valenth!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

I am thankful for this site also...many thanks to matt ash for creating this. I have been able to reconnect somewhat with the old area....ovc, soc, seoal and all the rest. Had a chance to chat back and forth with alot of folks that I would truly enjoy meeting at 🏈 or 🏀 game or just sit down and talk.

Pfloyd...You must be our yoda of hs basketball..I tip my hat to you and your committee of.....one. lol I wish continued good health to all and may God bless (as red skelton used to say)....yes, I am old enough to remember his show...and many others. Don't make em like that anymore.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

OHHS old timer wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:13 pm I am thankful for this site also...many thanks to matt ash for creating this. I have been able to reconnect somewhat with the old area....ovc, soc, seoal and all the rest. Had a chance to chat back and forth with alot of folks that I would truly enjoy meeting at 🏈 or 🏀 game or just sit down and talk.

Pfloyd...You must be our yoda of hs basketball..I tip my hat to you and your committee of.....one. lol I wish continued good health to all and may God bless (as red skelton used to say)....yes, I am old enough to remember his show...and many others. Don't make em like that anymore.
... OHHS old timer - I'm thankful for posters such as yourself here on SEOPs who without you THIS site would not exist ... you read, you comment, you opine THAT is what makes this site great ... I appreciate you my friend for the read - if me being the "yoda of hs basketball" means I'm old - you're probably right LOL ... thank you ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

dilligaf wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:14 pm I am thankful for god helping me battle stage 4 metastasized cancer this year so I. could watch another year of highschool football and hoping he hangs around this year.
...dilligaf, I am thankful that YOU have fought the battle that no one should have to fight ! and are still seeing football, basketball games ... I KNOW of where you have been, and the strength - physically/mentally needed to fight THE fight ... you will be in my nightly talks with the Head Coach ... I will ask for you, what I ask for myself "more playing time" ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I am thankful for the playing time that I have been given to do what I love - watch hs hoops, post about hs hoops, talk with like minded folks Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line about hs hoops ... SEOPs saved my life - if you go back in time in the SEOPs pages on the Basketball Forum to 2010 through 2018 you will see threads started by friends and contributed to by many more friends here on seops - I fought my battle with stage 4 melanoma on the pages of this website ... when you fight the battle for your life you can't win without support - I found support from the many here on seops ... I have always thanked all of those on this site that I have made acquaintance with through posting on hs basketball for their support when I needed it most ... I truly believe that I would not be here today 8 years later without the support I received on this sports site ... I am truly thankful for ALL of you ...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I'm thankful for this site too. Back in 2005 I had been getting treatment for agoraphobia. Not being able to go out side without a doctors help I was coped up inside with not a whole lot to do. Can't remember how I was connected to SEOPs but I joined June of 2005. It took a lot off my mind and I found myself on here just about all day for a few years doing a lot of posting about nothing but games. Gals4ever was a mod then and gave me Hell almost everyday about padding my post. Seems like having him doing that forever I finally sent him a PM telling my problems and it seemed like he didn't bother much after that. After 13 years I still love the site. Gave a few mods a hard time but not enough to band me. Matt has done a great job with the site and he looks like he is still improving it.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:37 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:13 pm I am thankful for this site also...many thanks to matt ash for creating this. I have been able to reconnect somewhat with the old area....ovc, soc, seoal and all the rest. Had a chance to chat back and forth with alot of folks that I would truly enjoy meeting at 🏈 or 🏀 game or just sit down and talk.

... OHHS old timer - I'm thankful for posters such as yourself here on SEOPs who without you THIS site would not exist ... you read, you comment, you opine THAT is what makes this site great ... I appreciate you my friend for the read - if me being the "yoda of hs basketball" means I'm old - you're probably right LOL ... thank you ...
Thanks pfoyd. Who knows...I just might surprise you at the Convo for basketball 30.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Jimmy Buffett for the song he wrote after Katrina tore up Miss/La. The last lines of lyrics really hit home to me and others. I kinda put em together this way...

If a hurricane doesn't leave you dead
It will make you strong
Don't try to explain it; just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on

Pretty darn powerful words...if you ask me!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I am thankful for the student Athletes and coaches at Nelsonville-York. I spend a lot of time working with and around them throughout the year that they all have become an extension of my family.
Our student athletes are an amazing bunch of kids, a lot of them I've known since they were 6-8 years old. People forget the things they sacrifice so we can watch them play.
Our coaches are all wonderful people who try so hard to allow our student athletes to succeed. People forget just how much time they spend preparing and how much time they sacrifice with their own families.
I am blessed to call our coaches and AD friends. I have learned so much from them.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Not politically correct but I’m thankful first for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He knows I’m a sinner but loves me anyway. I’m thankful for my 2 boys and my “daddy’s little princess” who keeps me sane and will probably cause me to have a premature death by the time I’m 50! Thankfully I can let my boys handle the light work 😀😀
Happy Thanksgiving!

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…

Return to “The Off season”