Please post:
  • Schedule
  • Roster with #/Name/Height/Year
  • Outlook

Dnice
Waterboy

Re: Lady Trojans

Post by Dnice »

I can tell you right now they are getting ready this year to make sum noise!!!!!!!!!

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

I can tell you right now, they are going to finish in the bottom half of the OVC.

Fairland
Ironton
South Point
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
are all better then Portsmouth Right Now.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I don't believe dnice said where they would finish.Just they'd make noise.And noise will be a heck of a lot better than the past few years.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

One of my major issues with the Lady Trojans over the years has been lack of conditioning. I try to watch a few games every year and it always strikes me how out of shape at least half of the roster is. The other teams simply beat them up the court time and again and it makes a big difference on the scoreboard. I told new coach Amy Hughes (great hire) to get the girls in shape. If indeed that happens, there will be more wins for the Lady Trojans. I know with Amy's background that she won't put up with girls who don't take conditioning seriously.

Run girls, run, run, and then run some more.......and it's not up to the coach to get you in shape. Show some self motivation and be in great shape the very first day of practice. It will make Coach Hughes job much easier. Good conditioning alone will make the team at least more competitive. Lack of conditioning leads to more turnovers, bad shots, more missed layups/FT's, and lazy defense.

Being a distance runner myself, and having played against many of the former Trojan boys on the playgrounds, I know that my outstanding conditioning helped me to at least be competitive vs. players who were better skill wise than me. Great conditioning cannot be overvalued.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

trojandave wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:30 am One of my major issues with the Lady Trojans over the years has been lack of conditioning. I try to watch a few games every year and it always strikes me how out of shape at least half of the roster is. The other teams simply beat them up the court time and again and it makes a big difference on the scoreboard. I told new coach Amy Hughes (great hire) to get the girls in shape. If indeed that happens, there will be more wins for the Lady Trojans. I know with Amy's background that she won't put up with girls who don't take conditioning seriously.

Run girls, run, run, and then run some more.......and it's not up to the coach to get you in shape. Show some self motivation and be in great shape the very first day of practice. It will make Coach Hughes job much easier. Good conditioning alone will make the team at least more competitive. Lack of conditioning leads to more turnovers, bad shots, more missed layups/FT's, and lazy defense.

Being a distance runner myself, and having played against many of the former Trojan boys on the playgrounds, I know that my outstanding conditioning helped me to at least be competitive vs. players who were better skill wise than me. Great conditioning cannot be overvalued.
One thing is for sure.You will have to play D and rebound or you wont make it in her system.So you should see an immediate improvement there.So being in condition wont be an option it will be a must.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Cyrus Cobain
Waterboy

Post by Cyrus Cobain »

Who do they play in the first game? That's all they need to be focused on at this point.
Last edited by Cyrus Cobain on Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who Dey!
Dnice
Waterboy

Post by Dnice »

First game Dec. 6 against Ironton. I seen their point guard working out at the Lifecenter all the time. Wow!! She looks ready folks!

Dnice
Waterboy

Post by Dnice »

Sorry, first game Nov.26

mattash
Site Admin

2018/19 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by mattash »

Please post:
  • Schedule
  • Roster with #/Name/Height/Year
  • Outlook

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Black Panther
SEO

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Black Panther »

ttt

Dnice
Waterboy

Post by Dnice »

Lady Trojans travel to Minford tonight to face lady Falcons this should be a good measuring stick for our Trojans.

Cyrus Cobain
Waterboy

Post by Cyrus Cobain »

How did it go?

Who Dey!
Dnice
Waterboy

Post by Dnice »

They didn't do bad against the Minford falcon girls. I think it's as far as starter for starter they went three and three meaning they won3 out of 6 qtrs. Coaching staff are trying different things out. Tomorrow the Trojan girls meet up with the new Boston girls at 10 AM at ports mouth high school. It should be a pretty easy scrimmage for our Lady Trojans but you never know . I will let everyone know how they did.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Dnice wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:08 pm They didn't do bad against the Minford falcon girls. I think it's as far as starter for starter they went three and three meaning they won3 out of 6 qtrs. Coaching staff are trying different things out. Tomorrow the Trojan girls meet up with the new Boston girls at 10 AM at ports mouth high school. It should be a pretty easy scrimmage for our Lady Trojans but you never know . I will let everyone know how they did.
How did they do in the preview? You really cant draw too many conclusions in some of these games as far as W/L's go. How the players hustle and the effort they give is more important.

Dnice
Waterboy

Post by Dnice »

Trojans 42 Ironton 38 GO TROJANS !!!!😜

Dnice
Waterboy

Post by Dnice »

Baseball 16 is Ironton still better lol😂😂😂😂

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Dnice wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:19 pm Trojans 42 Ironton 38 GO TROJANS !!!!😜
WOW!! Congrats on the first win!!

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

at the time of my posting, Yes they were! Now with Ironton's best player out with ACL then I would say NO. ;)

I learned a long time ago from a very smart coach, You are only as good as the players that Play for you! If you have good players you will win games and be known as a great coach. If you have bad players you may still coach them up but wins are going to be hard to come by. There was a South Webster Coach that won the State Tournament in 2005. He called all the correct plays and looked like a genius! The next year he finished right around .500. I even heard him call some of the same plays from 2005! Pretty simple, most of the time it's not about X and O's but the Jimmy's and the Joes!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:40 pm at the time of my posting, Yes they were! Now with Ironton's best player out with ACL then I would say NO. ;)

I learned a long time ago from a very smart coach, You are only as good as the players that Play for you! If you have good players you will win games and be known as a great coach. If you have bad players you may still coach them up but wins are going to be hard to come by. There was a South Webster Coach that won the State Tournament in 2005. He called all the correct plays and looked like a genius! The next year he finished right around .500. I even heard him call some of the same plays from 2005! Pretty simple, most of the time it's not about X and O's but the Jimmy's and the Joes!
That's when it comes down to good coaching.You have to adapt to what you have not what you don't have.

Return to “Girls Basketball”