2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Valenth
SEOP

2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Valenth »

How does this team fare next season? What does their schedule look like? Just wondering..

Burg4
JV Team

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Burg4 »

I too am curious to find a 2019 schedule. Will Burg still be playing the Columbus teams, Bishop Watterson and Bishop Hartley, in 2019?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It will be interesting to see what burg fields next year. Holden is a rare talent but he was surrounded by a solid cast. Burg fans I think will be excited to see what these guys in the wings will be capable of.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

I think the series against Watterson is over, but the Burg has a home game against Hartley next season. I think the series with Heath is over too. Don't know who will be the new teams on the schedule, though.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Otto wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:21 pm I think the series against Watterson is over, but the Burg has a home game against Hartley next season. I think the series with Heath is over too. Don't know who will be the new teams on the schedule, though.
IMO, up around C-bus here Johnstown or Licking Valley would be good competition from the LCL in the future for home & home games along with either Amanda or Academy if they could be worked out for non-conference matchups. ( All perenially good teams with a history).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Isn’t Ashland on the schedule starting next year? I was told they were and possibly Greenup county in 2020.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:25 pm Isn’t Ashland on the schedule starting next year? I was told they were and possibly Greenup county in 2020.
Ashland would be a great opponent for the Pirates. Not only strengthen the schedule but a nice treasure trove of computer points for a playoff spot for a victory over the Tomcats.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

From what I’ve heard from a couple parents blazer and gc both are on the schedule next yr for wk 3 and 4 replacing heath and watterson

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 pm
Otto wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:21 pm I think the series against Watterson is over, but the Burg has a home game against Hartley next season. I think the series with Heath is over too. Don't know who will be the new teams on the schedule, though.
IMO, up around C-bus here Johnstown or Licking Valley would be good competition from the LCL in the future for home & home games along with either Amanda or Academy if they could be worked out for non-conference matchups. ( All perenially good teams with a history).
I’ve alwyas wanted to see a series get started between amanda or nelsonville

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:52 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 pm
I’ve alwyas wanted to see a series get started between amanda or nelsonville
Nelsonville-York has their schedule full the next 2 years.
I would imagine we will try to keep the week 2 get with fort Frye for a while. Week 3 against BU may only go 2 years though. The week 5 game against Oak Hill will probably be renewed after 2 years.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

According to arbiter,

Week 1: @ Ironton
Week 2: Hartley
Week 3: Ashland
Week 4: Open
Week 5: @ Jackson
Week 6: Minford
Week 7: @ Oak Hill
Week 8: Waverly
Week 9: @ Valley
Week 10: Portsmouth West

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Dundas wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:56 am According to arbiter,

I think Greenup county will be the week 4 spot.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Ashland and Green Up County are solid pick ups,

Staying with the Kentucky there,Pikeville,Beechwood or Belfry would also be solid pick ups,if ever possible.

For Ohio, Byesville Meadowbrook,St Clairsville or Granville,if ever possible could be some good games.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Minford should be at Minford, because I heard the Burg AD messed up and only scheduled 4 home games.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:25 am

Minford should be at Minford, because I heard the Burg AD messed up and only scheduled 4 home games.
It may be, arbiter isn’t 100% accurate all the time.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Dundas wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:28 am

It may be, arbiter isn’t 100% accurate all the time.
No worries, just informing what I was told by Other ADs

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

glad to see the fighting tigers on the burg schedule. Ashland will be a great series to start. we now have a common playoff opponent in Johnstown Monroe now. who was the state runner up, the Johnstown Monroe johnnies. ironton lost to them something like 15-7, or very similar. burg lost to them 32-14. and before everybody gets all bent out of shape. all the burg posters I saw their posts or talked to here. the said the johnnies dominated them. with that said and ironton's result with them. maybe ironton and the burg is getting closer in competitiveness. that's all I'm saying. don't read anymore into than that. which is exactly what pirate/tiger fans want. great games that either team could win. we all know how ironton finished dropping several games where we had huge leads. I see that as young mistakes coaching and player wise. and see that getting addressed. if they learn to finish people off. they could be a hard out. the burg/tiger game this year. it was closer, and a bit more even. but burg still won like 28-6. but compared to the last several that was a step in the right direction. face it, we all want these 2 teams closer in stature again. which would make the game all that more competitive. I look for the young fighting tigers and staff to continue to grow and thrive. and that is good for this closely contested series, and southern ohio football as a whole.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:01 am glad to see the fighting tigers on the burg schedule. Ashland will be a great series to start. we now have a common playoff opponent in Johnstown Monroe now. who was the state runner up, the Johnstown Monroe johnnies. ironton lost to them something like 15-7, or very similar. burg lost to them 32-14. and before everybody gets all bent out of shape. all the burg posters I saw their posts or talked to here. the said the johnnies dominated them. with that said and ironton's result with them. maybe ironton and the burg is getting closer in competitiveness. that's all I'm saying. don't read anymore into than that. which is exactly what pirate/tiger fans want. great games that either team could win. we all know how ironton finished dropping several games where we had huge leads. I see that as young mistakes coaching and player wise. and see that getting addressed. if they learn to finish people off. they could be a hard out. the burg/tiger game this year. it was closer, and a bit more even. but burg still won like 28-6. but compared to the last several that was a step in the right direction. face it, we all want these 2 teams closer in stature again. which would make the game all that more competitive. I look for the young fighting tigers and staff to continue to grow and thrive. and that is good for this closely contested series, and southern ohio football as a whole.
Fans have to stop comparing scores. Burg was a better team than Ironton last year. Games are dictated by line play, turnovers, penalties, game plans which dictate time of possession, etc. If Burg would have ran the ball 85% or greater against johnstown, the score would have looked the same more than likely as Ironton. Burg coaches probably thought they could have stopped the run better but no one really did against johnstown, including orrville, they couldn't stop them either. However both Ironton and Orriville ran the ball while Burg tried to attack with the pass, a good running team demonstrated success against johnstown.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

I t would not make a difference on the outcome, wherever they would play

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:08 pm

I t would not make a difference on the outcome, wherever they would play
Did I mention anything about that?

Return to “Football”