Post by EasternDspy »

He’s a nationally ranked player

247 has him at 48
Rivals has him at 51

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Where will Loveday sign????

Post by Crab's Brother »

Waverly69 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 am I don’t think he is a talented basketball player. He reminds me of the cinnamon jacks thing very tiny he needs to put on some weight if he wants to hang with the big guys in the MAC
And you obviously know more than the coaching staffs at Ohio State, Louisville, Indiana, and Florida among others.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Waverly69 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 am I don’t think he is a talented basketball player. He reminds me of the cinnamon jacks thing very tiny he needs to put on some weight if he wants to hang with the big guys in the MAC
You’re dumb

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

He should go where he'll play. He'll get lost in the shuffle at Div 1 Big Conference School. Just my opinion. Those 5 star elite kids that are 6'7 and 6'8 will jump higher than him....

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

mrwonderful wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 am He should go where he'll play. He'll get lost in the shuffle at Div 1 Big Conference School. Just my opinion. Those 5 star elite kids that are 6'7 and 6'8 will jump higher than him....
The same ones that he competes with all spring and summer and has shown that he can play against.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

7 feet tall with that wingspan is going to create havoc. I think he’s a better player then you guys are giving him credit for. They only rank 100 Jrs in America and he’s one of them.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:08 pm 7 feet tall with that wingspan is going to create havoc. I think he’s a better player then you guys are giving him credit for. They only rank 100 Jrs in America and he’s one of them.
That’s a fact and his game has transcended and evolved to the perimeter. Not too many people are growing 7 footers who can handle the ball and shoot 3’s. He’ll only get better as he matures. Hell, the kid is only 17. 4 years in a major D1 program with strength and conditioning. I truly believe the sky is the limit for him and that means playing at the highest level after college.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:51 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:08 pm 7 feet tall with that wingspan is going to create havoc. I think he’s a better player then you guys are giving him credit for. They only rank 100 Jrs in America and he’s one of them.
That’s a fact and his game has transcended and evolved to the perimeter. Not too many people are growing 7 footers who can handle the ball and shoot 3’s. He’ll only get better as he matures. Hell, the kid is only 17. 4 years in a major D1 program with strength and conditioning. I truly believe the sky is the limit for him and that means playing at the highest level after college.
Actually he may even still be 16

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I’ve always said you cant teach size. This kid is 7’ - once he gets to college they will concentrate CONCENTRATE on adding much needed weight, bulk and strength to this young man. I can see him sitting year one as they do that. It may take him his 3rd year to really make a difference on the floor but at his height sky is the limit, no pun intended.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

He has planned to red shirt a year is my understanding that understanding has came with most of these offers. Because he doesn’t want to go to a prep school.

He doesn’t like band more then basketball. But he is not a dumb kid he realizes in less then 24 months a lot of things he enjoys doing he won’t be able to do as much as basketball becomes more important. I think it is great that he is enjoying being a kid. And that his parents are allowing him to be.

He only weighed about 150 as a freshmen 170 as a sohmore he weighs about 190. An active kid putting 20 lbs on a year at 16 to 17 about as much as your going to get. Figure he will be over 200 as a senior. I think you would see him as a redshirt freshman at about 230 he would be a beast.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

^^^^^^^
Good post!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:45 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:08 pm Probably end up @ Rio Grande. He needs to add a lot to his game besides height and rebounding to be a FACTOR in major college.
He already has an offer from Louisville and you think he’s going to Rio Grande lmao
Ok, but he needs to play better than he did @ Ironton tonight against 6'2" and 6'3" post players, just saying. I'll stick with my original post above from back in September. They'll get beat by Logan next game also IMO.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Right now potential is far greater than on court production. He may not even be the best player in the OVC. For that fact the McClelland kid on his own team may be more valuable.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Listen let me first say I am a big fan of zacks because he is a incredible kid. To say he didn’t play well last night having 17 points in a game that no one got to 60 in not a bad effort.

Now more to the point in all the coaching Zack gets year round only coach Harrison is coaching him to be the best high school player he can be. The rest of them are grooming his skills for the next level.

Talk about the next level how many teams with kids 6’ 10 to 7’ 2” post a kid up on low post clog the middle and feed him the ball. The answer is almost zero. Even if you are feeding him usually it is at the 10 foot range and then that kid uses his basketball skills to get to basket. They also want you to play outside.

Now let’s take loveday in high school on this team there is no point guard a lot of good basketball players but not good guards you put him deep down and post the blue devils will throw it away 30% of time or more. So you move him out to the 8 to 10 foot make it easier to get the ball to. He is attacked by 3 or 4 guys at next level you kick that out and teams will light you up.

Who are you kicking the ball out to on this team to consistently make another team pay? They will figure this out. They needed this game much like last year they needed fairland to kick there but in December at fairland.

This team needs to change its style more spread out there game plan then the floor will open up for loveday.

And don’t forget even though loveday is a junior he is young you need to think of him body wise probably as a sophomore. I do believe he will still be only 17 when he graduates.

They haven’t played there best he hasn’t played his best. But not not many kids averaging 20 points 14 boards 6 blocks a game and people say he isn’t very good.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

It would be foolish to say he isn’t a good player especially in SE Ohio. The closest player I have seen to his size and skill set was Jason Collier at Springfield Central Catholic. He went to Georgia Tech when they were really good. His game inside and out were further along at this point.

Not going to a prep school is a mistake from a pure basketball prospective. If he wants to hang with his buddies and be a kid then he is where he needs to be. That is a family choice.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Half Slice wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:50 am It would be foolish to say he isn’t a good player especially in SE Ohio. The closest player I have seen to his size and skill set was Jason Collier at Springfield Central Catholic. He went to Georgia Tech when they were really good. His game inside and out were further along at this point.

Not going to a prep school is a mistake from a pure basketball prospective. If he wants to hang with his buddies and be a kid then he is where he needs to be. That is a family choice.
Collier was a McDonald's All American and was much further along at this stage plus he had a guard (Jason Ronai) that helped take the pressure off him and could shoot from anywhere. They won the State tourney in 96' and he spent his first 2 years at Indiana under Bobby Knight and then went to Ga. Tech. I was courtside at that championship game in old St. John Arena and he took over the game against Lincolnview who at that time had Brandon Pardon (g) who could light it up himself and was All State. They won the semi by 32 and championship by 25 I believe. I think he avg. 5 or 6 points a game for the Rockets and Hawks for about 5 years in the NBA but sadly passed away at 28 from an enlarged heart. He was a great high school player. (RIP) :(

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

If he wants real playing time I would say he should go to a little smaller school than a Big Ten or ACC team. Maybe go MAC or C-USA and could possibly get some real playing time his last 2-3 years. I’ve seen some really talented big men go to OSU from Ohio and you rarely see them come off the bench. But I’m sure in a young kids mind at this
Point the bigger school the better. Van horn from
Fairland was a little smaller than Loveday but just as talented and he went to a small school so he could get some playing time his first year. It will be interesting to see where he actually ends up and if he gets playing time a year or two down the road.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have always thought of him as the kind of big guy a Purdue or Wisconsin would use. Guys that you think would be huge low post players but really end up sort of being a defensive inside outside player on offensive end. But I really have to say. I watch a lot of high school
Ball and college ball. But have spent no time evaluating or thinking about how those skills transfer from one level to the next.

Bigbluefan12
Waterboy

Post by Bigbluefan12 »

Mr. Loveday was in attendance at the Michigan basketball game today

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bigbluefan12 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:16 pm Mr. Loveday was in attendance at the Michigan basketball game today
Bleh....but that would be awesome for him

I don’t believe he’ll go there

Return to “Boys Basketball”