2018-19 Logan

SEFan
JV Team

Re: 2018-19 Logan

Post by SEFan »

20 point loss to a good Parkersburg South team.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Harris just needs a couple years under her belt. Noticed the underclassmen are struggling a bit.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:55 am Harris just needs a couple years under her belt. Noticed the underclassmen are struggling a bit.
This AD usually doesn’t allow coaches more than a year or two if the parents want different, so it’ll be up to the parents.

The underclassmen are struggling. They look disengaged. But, they have a lot better future than the senior class. It’ll be interesting to see how the second half of the season goes. Three 20+ point losses is tough, and three more OCC schools up next.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

57-51 loss to Westerville North. Freshman Brooklyn Harris got the start for the Lady Chiefs.

Was a winnable game and we definitely had our chances. Fix it and be ready for the next game.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

20 point loss to Olentangy. Rough losing streak.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

53-44 loss to Lancaster. First half was competitive. Second half was all Lancaster with good halftime adjustments. Now 6 losses in a row for the Lady Chiefs.

Anna Hartiq (spelling?) is a really nice players for the Lady Gales.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Close loss to Dublin Jerome. 43-40 was the final. Was told it was a closely contested game throughout!

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Logan now sits at 5-11 after a disappointing loss to Bexley who was without their leading scorer (and read that Bexley only averaged 38 points per contest with her).

Tournament draw is next weekend. I believe we have 3 games this week. We have to find a way to get a win or two or tournament could be really bad.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

When is the last time Logan got the #35+ seed?

I guess playing those freshmen last year was definitely the wrong call.....?

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Fan that was a cheap shot. A lot of talent left the program that did but graduate. Harris was put in a bad position from the start.

The freshmen played well last year and deserved to play. The record proved that.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

toldya wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 pm Fan that was a cheap shot. A lot of talent left the program that did but graduate. Harris was put in a bad position from the start.

The freshmen played well last year and deserved to play. The record proved that.
Not a cheap shot. Just stating a fact.

One, Harris herself said in a interview in the LDN, something about “we don’t want them here” so they can’t turn around and say “well talent left”... she didn’t want that talent.

And two, my main point in which I said what I said, how many good Logan teams have been ruined and coach’s ran off because of parents complaining that THEIR child isn’t playing. Just recently Seth Martin, John Helber, Jay Chadwell, Billy Burke, Kelsey Pischel, and the list goes on. Parents have complained to admin and admin supports parents and not coaches.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

SEFan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:38 pm
toldya wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 pm Fan that was a cheap shot. A lot of talent left the program that did but graduate. Harris was put in a bad position from the start.

One, Harris herself said in a interview in the LDN, something about “we don’t want them here” so they can’t turn around and say “well talent left”... she didn’t want that talent.

And two, my main point in which I said what I said, how many good Logan teams have been ruined and coach’s ran off because of parents complaining that THEIR child isn’t playing. Just recently Seth Martin, John Helber, Jay Chadwell, Billy Burke, Kelsey Pischel, and the list goes on. Parents have complained to admin and admin supports parents and not coaches.
Thinking about the coaches that you listed, none of these coaches were "ran off" because parents complained that their child wasn't playing. Especially if you don't know ALL the facts, it's probably not the best idea to call out the administration.

Sure, compared to the last 25+ years, the Chiefs had a down year, but they'll improve, no doubt about that. Harris is a good coach, she'll get it going on the right track.

Picknorth76
Waterboy

TRe: 2018-19 Logan

Post by Picknorth76 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:48 am
SEFan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:38 pm

Thinking about the coaches that you listed, none of these coaches were "ran off" because parents complained that their child wasn't playing. Especially if you don't know ALL the facts, it's probably not the best idea to call out the administration.

Sure, compared to the last 25+ years, the Chiefs had a down year, but they'll improve, no doubt about that. Harris is a good coach, she'll get it going on the right track.

Picknorth76
Waterboy

Post by Picknorth76 »

The bottom line is Logan girls basketball and sports in general have take huge steps back. Parents have controlled the selection process of coaching on the girls side it was directly because of coaching changes that fit assistant superintendent choice starting with coach Martin who done a great job he left because of not having support from administration then they hired clippinger another coach that fit the mold of approval of a parent with a tie to administration. There has been more talent leave Logan then any other school in southeastern Ohio. Coach Harris is going to be fine she has the right administration in her corner . The chiefs have lost: The Bentley sisters ( district players of the year) The Kline girl a D 1 college prospect Myria Davis a elite 1 st team district player sammons a lethal shooter all district player Peyton Lundsford now playing at Newark and will receive a full athletic scholarship. The bottom line is let coaches coach take your personal agendas out of it and someone down there do something about administrative mistakes and keep your talent home!!!!

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Picknorth76 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:11 pm The bottom line is Logan girls basketball and sports in general have take huge steps back. Parents have controlled the selection process of coaching on the girls side it was directly because of coaching changes that fit assistant superintendent choice starting with coach Martin who done a great job he left because of not having support from administration then they hired clippinger another coach that fit the mold of approval of a parent with a tie to administration. There has been more talent leave Logan then any other school in southeastern Ohio. Coach Harris is going to be fine she has the right administration in her corner . The chiefs have lost: The Bentley sisters ( district players of the year) The Kline girl a D 1 college prospect Myria Davis a elite 1 st team district player sammons a lethal shooter all district player Peyton Lundsford now playing at Newark and will receive a full athletic scholarship. The bottom line is let coaches coach take your personal agendas out of it and someone down there do something about administrative mistakes and keep your talent home!!!!
I agree North. But the problem once again is she doesn’t have the right admin in her corner. She started Brooklyn Harris for awhile who is a freshman and one who should be starting. There was some tension and some talk, now guess who isn’t starting and somehow the seniors are again? The admin is crazy for letting this continue to happen.

PS. Give me Davis, Kline, Bentley, Lunsford, and Sammons in a starting 5 and they compete with most teams in the state. This is who they have ran off? Add Starlin, Thompson, and Eggleston in that 8 man rotation and you have the best Logan team since Katie Smith and her squad.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I have noticed the lower grades aren't doing so well this year. Does it have anything with talent not coming out?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Just wondering if SEFan is a disgrunted old Biddy coach ? Just wondering . For sure it seems like an ax to grind.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:18 pm Just wondering if SEFan is a disgrunted old Biddy coach ? Just wondering . For sure it seems like an ax to grind.
Ha! A disgruntled fan for sure. I just know all these programs can be better. Just frustrating as a fan. But I’m a Chieftain for life!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

It seems like the bottom line is 3 very good players transferred and these Parents did not get what they wanted and moved their Kids . If this made sense to be the best situation and all are happy life goes on . I'm sure these girls had a number of friends at Logan and with the talent it probably did not matter who the coach was they would of had a good season . But these girls parents thought best to move on because THEIR COACH was not retained . Coaching changes happens all the time and for a variety of reasons . Some reasons cannot be brought forward in some cases . Main thing is EVERYONE HAPPY ? ( sefan does not seem to be )

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Truth&fiction wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:31 pm It seems like the bottom line is 3 very good players transferred and these Parents did not get what they wanted and moved their Kids . If this made sense to be the best situation and all are happy life goes on . I'm sure these girls had a number of friends at Logan and with the talent it probably did not matter who the coach was they would of had a good season . But these girls parents thought best to move on because THEIR COACH was not retained . Coaching changes happens all the time and for a variety of reasons . Some reasons cannot be brought forward in some cases . Main thing is EVERYONE HAPPY ? ( sefan does not seem to be )
I agree coaching changes happen everywhere. But here it is more often than anywhere. Do you really blame kids for wanting to not be apart of programs where they see 3 or 4 coaches throughout their career?

Return to “Girls Basketball”