D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D1 College Football Prospects in Southeast Ohio

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 am I think this topic should've read more like, 2019 Senior Class SEO players who will be going D1 or receiving a scholarship would've been a more appropriate choice for this topic. Some people make it just to broad when you said football prospects, I mean when someone mentions 7th and 8th graders, lol. So basically who in this upcoming senior class is garnering looks for a full ride scholarship?? Mathews from burg, possibly, Parker from Trojans, Wilburn from Nelsonville York. I know he's outside the SEO area but did the QB for Western Brown get any offers?? Looking at his stats he totaled just over 4000 yards of offense, 23 passing Tds and 11 rushing Tds to go with just 8 INt's.
Yeah but if you take away his Jackson stats he was only 2700 yards offense, 15 passing TD and 6 rushing

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Tje Wheelersburg loss just proves how difficult it is to win that tournament,give credit where credit is due,quite an acoomplishment to go that deep in these things each season

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:17 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 am I think this topic should've read more like, 2019 Senior Class SEO players who will be going D1 or receiving a scholarship would've been a more appropriate choice for this topic. Some people make it just to broad when you said football prospects, I mean when someone mentions 7th and 8th graders, lol. So basically who in this upcoming senior class is garnering looks for a full ride scholarship?? Mathews from burg, possibly, Parker from Trojans, Wilburn from Nelsonville York. I know he's outside the SEO area but did the QB for Western Brown get any offers?? Looking at his stats he totaled just over 4000 yards of offense, 23 passing Tds and 11 rushing Tds to go with just 8 INt's.
Yeah but if you take away his Jackson stats he was only 2700 yards offense, 15 passing TD and 6 rushing
LOL, he must've really lit up Jackson. 1300 yards, 8 passing Tds and 2 rushing. Kid had close to 1,500 rushing yards alone pretty impressive. Are there any other kids that will be juniors or seniors in the 2019 season that will garner D1 looks

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:49 pm
ravensfan09 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 am
Not sure on the QB from Western Brown. Did the Bohem(?) Kid from Portsmouth get any serious D1 offers?
Not sure if he had serious offers, but had someone tell me back in October or November that he didn't plan on playing any longer, maybe he changed his mind not sure.
Hate to hear that. I had heard earlier on that he had some major D1 unofficial visits. He is a definite prospect with his size and athleticism.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

burgfella69 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:12 am
Poo Bear wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:30 pm
packers80 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 pm You can feel helpless as a defense being picked a part by the passing game too.
The johnnies had the blueprint to beat burg
nah, burg had the blueprint to beat burg. I'm not making excuses and maybe johnstown wins anyway but burg shot themselves in the foot so many times that game and that's a fact.
Respectfully disagree

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:44 pm

nah, burg had the blueprint to beat burg. I'm not making excuses and maybe johnstown wins anyway but burg shot themselves in the foot so many times that game and that's a fact.
Respectfully disagree
Have to agree with Poo! Johnstown dominated every phase of that game. Johnstown's kids deserve the credit. They played hard, fast, and physical. Loved their QB!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Johnstown won that one fair and square, givem credit.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

It’s not never often a team gets out on the burg !

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

packers80 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 pm You can feel helpless as a defense being picked a part by the passing game too.
LOL, don't know why we're rehashing this game under this thread but I'll play for a post or 2. Burg NEVER shot themselves in the foot, that would mean they had self inflicted game play that cost them the win. They didn't turn it over, they weren't overly flagged, they didn't go dropping passes. None of it was self-inflicted unless you are referring to being outcoached, which this was one of the rare games they were thoroughly outcoached. Burg had countless number of 3 and outs and didn't top that 100 yard mark until that 3rd quarter I do believe, and after the 1st drive of the game for the Johnnies I don't know that burg forced another 3 and out on the Johnnies the rest of the way. Time of Possession was so lopsided that it's easy to see who won and why they won. Burg wanted to play a east/west style of game play a against a team that was smaller and faster to where that style played right into their hands. Don't make excuses for a loss, the Johnnies just flat out beat burg in every aspect of that game from the 2nd drive of each team on till the scoreboard read zero's. Honestly there's nothing wrong with taking a loss that late into the post season but do it with some dignity and class. It's so hard to replicate the success of the 2017 season and people tend to forget this was a state semifinal game not some 1st or 2nd round loss, absolutely nothing to hand their heads about.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:44 am

LOL, don't know why we're rehashing this game under this thread but I'll play for a post or 2. Burg NEVER shot themselves in the foot, that would mean they had self inflicted game play that cost them the win. They didn't turn it over, they weren't overly flagged, they didn't go dropping passes. None of it was self-inflicted unless you are referring to being outcoached, which this was one of the rare games they were thoroughly outcoached. Burg had countless number of 3 and outs and didn't top that 100 yard mark until that 3rd quarter I do believe, and after the 1st drive of the game for the Johnnies I don't know that burg forced another 3 and out on the Johnnies the rest of the way. Time of Possession was so lopsided that it's easy to see who won and why they won. Burg wanted to play a east/west style of game play a against a team that was smaller and faster to where that style played right into their hands. Don't make excuses for a loss, the Johnnies just flat out beat burg in every aspect of that game from the 2nd drive of each team on till the scoreboard read zero's. Honestly there's nothing wrong with taking a loss that late into the post season but do it with some dignity and class. It's so hard to replicate the success of the 2017 season and people tend to forget this was a state semifinal game not some 1st or 2nd round loss, absolutely nothing to hand their heads about.
From what I can get talking to Burg coaches is They don’t feel like they prepared or played well for that game. Perhaps being distracted with the madness of Madison and maybe a little looking ahead? Who knows? I think Burg could have played better but I’m not sure if that would’ve Changed the outcome because Johnstown was really good Just would’ve been a better game.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:17 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:44 am

From what I can get talking to Burg coaches is They don’t feel like they prepared or played well for that game. Perhaps being distracted with the madness of Madison and maybe a little looking ahead? Who knows? I think Burg could have played better but I’m not sure if that would’ve Changed the outcome because Johnstown was really good Just would’ve been a better game.
I can agree with that, but that's a lot of ifs! Most would agree that were at the game...Johnstown was just better that night. Thats the first time in a while that I have seen the Burg get physically handled. Usually they try to overcome that by out skilling you, but that didn't happen either. Seemed like Johnstown controlled that game in every way!

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

ravensfan09 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:30 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:44 pm

Respectfully disagree
Have to agree with Poo! Johnstown dominated every phase of that game. Johnstown's kids deserve the credit. They played hard, fast, and physical. Loved their QB!
I agree, but Burg was obviously more talented. I just kind of question play calling and gameplan.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

I think the schemes and aggressiveness of Johnstown were a serious problem for Wheelersburg. I though Burg was guessing against the option.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ravensfan09 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:40 pm I think the schemes and aggressiveness of Johnstown were a serious problem for Wheelersburg. I though Burg was guessing against the option.
Their quarterback ran it to perfection. I think as football is changing and more teams want to pass or run an rpo , a good sound running game with good balls fakes is almost impossible to beat when ran correctly

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:14 am
ravensfan09 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:40 pm I think the schemes and aggressiveness of Johnstown were a serious problem for Wheelersburg. I though Burg was guessing against the option.
Their quarterback ran it to perfection. I think as football is changing and more teams want to pass or run an rpo , a good sound running game with good balls fakes is almost impossible to beat when ran correctly
I agree. They executed and played tough, hard nosed football.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I rather enjoy allamericanironman’s posts...they remind me of the WWF pre match interviews with Mean Gene Okerlund (God rest his soul).

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:43 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:45 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:02 pm Matthews Davis Wotan Jenkins Farrar Blankenship smith kranitz (grades had full ride to Maryland and wva) swisher workman

My bad 10
Of this list 3 were DI scholarship athletes! 3, NOT 10
Allamerican barlow allamerican you can never take it away! Go back under your bridge please.
You are right, you cannot take away the truth! You are using made up information! You had 3 DI Scholarship athletes, NOT 10

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:46 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:43 pm Valpo is non-scholarship in football, some of you guys should really educate yourself!
Yeah but Valpo is still D1
He said Scholarship - Valp is non-scholarship FCS, FCS is a sub-division of Division I. Valpo chooses to not give scholarships for athletics in football, therefore they are NOT what this father wants to claim.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I thought it was D1 prospects? I skipped over the 10 D1 athletes at Jackson talk

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

If Jackson really had all those d1 players, shame on them for not winning a state title yet.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”