2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Poo Bear »

ravensfan09 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:12 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:50 pm
ravensfan09 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:42 pm Ironton, Portsmouth, and Valley have been struggling actually. The 2018 season was the better for each school, but the others have in fact been struggling.

All those schools offer football and one is out of the county . All the reasons you say Wheelersburg was different than Jackson . 🤔
As a matter of fact...I said that I was not accusing any one of recruiting. I didn't want to do that, but you seem awfuly defensive. You must be worried.

You made assumptions on many occasions . I will research and see how many athletes moved districts and where they went . Stay tuned ....

Injun
Waterboy

Post by Injun »

Cato wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:02 pm You may see a change with the burg. Word on the street is the Superintendent cracked the whip on the athletic program for behavior on and off the field/court.
I was told this did happen after the Waverly basketball game and it wasn't just about basketball

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Word on the street is...Wheelersburg is at the top of the food chain right now and people spend way too much time criticizing and trying to tear them down.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:03 pm Word on the street is...Wheelersburg is at the top of the food chain right now and people spend way too much time criticizing and trying to tear them down.
Yep, that's how things go. I can speak from experience on this. Talk about being at the "top of the food chain." Try winning a state championship in Jr. High track and see how long it takes for the jealousy factor to kick in. It'll happen so fast it'll make your head spin. Drives some people into retirement (see signature below). So it's not just at the Burg. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

I believe that the Burg will right the ship! Coach Woodward and Coach Ater are both very capable guys that will insist things be done the right way.

Injun
Waterboy

Post by Injun »

The other poster made a comment. I was just relaying that I was told the same by someone involved. The Superintendent is a quality person. Anything that happens athletically or otherwise in the school system is his responsibility.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Injun wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:47 pm The other poster made a comment. I was just relaying that I was told the same by someone involved. The Superintendent is a quality person. Anything that happens athletically or otherwise in the school system is his responsibility.
All in good fun my friend. Just ribbing you.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Injun wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:47 pm The other poster made a comment. I was just relaying that I was told the same by someone involved. The Superintendent is a quality person. Anything that happens athletically or otherwise in the school system is his responsibility.
Absolutely true! It's a shame he has to get that involved, but as I said earlier, Coach Woodward and Coach Ater are quality coaches that will insist the program be ran the right way. Im sure the Superintendent has great respect and trust in these guys.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Football had the fiasco in Columbus. Rumors of possible PED use and recruiting. 8 technicals in 3 basketball games. With the Superintendent on the OHSAA Board, I would imagine he's had some uncomfortable dialog in the last couple months.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Cato wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:45 pm Football had the fiasco in Columbus. Rumors of possible PED use and recruiting. 8 technicals in 3 basketball games. With the Superintendent on the OHSAA Board, I would imagine he's had some uncomfortable dialog in the last couple months.
No Fiasco just embarrassing accusations on a coach with a lot of integrity.
Rumors well are rumors.
Waverly has had three technicals this year as well.

I’m sure there was no uncomfortable dialogue.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:00 pm
Cato wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:45 pm Football had the fiasco in Columbus. Rumors of possible PED use and recruiting. 8 technicals in 3 basketball games. With the Superintendent on the OHSAA Board, I would imagine he's had some uncomfortable dialog in the last couple months.
Rumors well are rumors.

How many technicals has Wheelersburg had in the games after Waverly?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Cato wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:22 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:00 pm
Rumors well are rumors.

How many technicals has Wheelersburg had in the games after Waverly?
1 the same as waverly. Wait a minute, I think none after the waverly game.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Correct because after the Waverly game the meeting happened

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Well kids get out of hand sometimes and it is up to the adults to correct their course. Sounds like Coach Ater did just that. So time to move on to the next complaint about The Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Cato wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:45 pm Correct because after the Waverly game the meeting happened
So it took a technical in the waverly game to have a meeting about the Columbus fiasco, the allegations of recruiting? Lol. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Cato who do you like to root for? Stick with those kids.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

No idea if a meeting occurred or not (probably didn't), but a lot of success for a lot of years sometimes leads to everyone needing to reset a bit, so if it happened no biggie. Humble and hungry got us where we are across boys and girls sports all grade levels - nothing wrong with a pause and a reminder.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

If a meeting took place, or call, it really doesn't matter! The Superintendent has a job to do and he did it. Kudos to him. As I stated earlier, Wheelersburg has top notch coaches that will ensure the vision of the school is carried out. I have faith in them.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Looks like the hero of the anti-Burg crowd, Madison's coach Poff, is stepping down from coaching.
https://www.journal-news.com/sports/pre ... dNtf9E5OJ/

Apparently he's still salty about Burg football and the Burg community from this interview following his decision to leave:
https://www.journal-news.com/sports/res ... yRbneSzOI/

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Otto wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:17 pm Looks like the hero of the anti-Burg crowd, Madison's coach Poff, is stepping down from coaching.

Apparently he's still salty about Burg football and the Burg community from this interview following his decision to leave:
Wow!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

ravensfan09 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:24 am
Otto wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:17 pm Looks like the hero of the anti-Burg crowd, Madison's coach Poff, is stepping down from coaching.

Wow!
He’s def salty over back to back playoff loses to the burg

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”