Next Coach at Logan?

ravensfan09
JV Team

Re: Next Coach at Logan?

Post by ravensfan09 »

Logan is a great school with a lot of potential. Whoever gets the position has a lot of work to do, but can definitely build a winner.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Carter lived in nelsonville till bout age 12 then moved 2 waterford graduated from waterford

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Barber1973 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 pm Carter lived in nelsonville till bout age 12 then moved 2 waterford graduated from waterford
thanks 1973

AT THE RESERVATION
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Chief02 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:31 pm If I had to choose an SEOPS poster as the next coach, it would be Locos. 👍🏻
Do you think the admin would accept my experience coaching NCAA and Madden football games on the XBox? :lol: :lol:

But seriously - there were about 17 applicants. At least one of those already accepted a head coach job somewhere else. I think I heard there were two internal candidates.

Still not sure of a timeline, but I would imagine you'll see movement in January. There is a committee that will look at and interview applicants and be a part of the process.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Is Coach Dale Amyx still teaching at Logan? Would he be interested in getting involved in the program again? Maybe as an assistant or consultant?

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:58 am
Chief02 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:31 pm If I had to choose an SEOPS poster as the next coach, it would be Locos. 👍🏻
Do you think the admin would accept my experience coaching NCAA and Madden football games on the XBox? :lol: :lol:

But seriously - there were about 17 applicants. At least one of those already accepted a head coach job somewhere else. I think I heard there were two internal candidates.

Still not sure of a timeline, but I would imagine you'll see movement in January. There is a committee that will look at and interview applicants and be a part of the process.
Usually when a school delays the process like this it means someone has a coach in mind that they want, so they delay the process long enough to get people to drop out. It happens all the time. So, whoever they have in mind at Logan better be a good one or you'll have more of the same, cause that guy is getting the job. You can count on it. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

ravensfan09 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:22 am Is Coach Dale Amyx still teaching at Logan? Would he be interested in getting involved in the program again? Maybe as an assistant or consultant?
Yes, he is still teaching at Logan. He was involved with the committee last time and I think will be this time as well.

I think he is done coaching. He's been out of the game long enough. I think he's always been open to being an unofficial "consultant."

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:58 am

I think admin would accept that resume. 🤣

Hopefully the committee acts sooner than later. Like koondogger mentioned though, they may already have a candidate in mind.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:35 pm
ravensfan09 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:22 am Is Coach Dale Amyx still teaching at Logan? Would he be interested in getting involved in the program again? Maybe as an assistant or consultant?
Yes, he is still teaching at Logan. He was involved with the committee last time and I think will be this time as well.

I think he is done coaching. He's been out of the game long enough. I think he's always been open to being an unofficial "consultant."
He did it right! Whomever gets the job would be very wise to lean on him for his advice and knowledge....IMO!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I wonder if Ron Hinton is still interested in coaching. If he has 2-3 years left he might be an interesting choice to re-establishment expectations at LHS.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 am I wonder if Ron Hinton is still interested in coaching. If he has 2-3 years left he might be an interesting choice to re-establishment expectations at LHS.
What was his reason for leaving Chillicothe?

Personally I would hope that we could find a younger, energetic coach that can get us back on the right path. I’m sure Hinton would be a good hire to fill a gap, but we would be back to uncertainty in 3 years or so.

Anyone know if the Trimble coach has interest?

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Chief02 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:50 am
loganlocos wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 am I wonder if Ron Hinton is still interested in coaching. If he has 2-3 years left he might be an interesting choice to re-establishment expectations at LHS.

Personally I would hope that we could find a younger, energetic coach that can get us back on the right path. I’m sure Hinton would be a good hire to fill a gap, but we would be back to uncertainty in 3 years or so.

Hiring a Rutter is always a good move. Our two best coaches ever were rutters. Personally I would leave the active rutter at NYHS and go after the PE teacher. Our current coach probably would nt leave. The PE teacher is actually the better coach but not sure you can pry him out of coaching retirement.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Trimble coach? He11 he's older than Hinton. You need to look southeast of Logan and west of Trimble for the answer. He's younger and took a loser only to turn them into a winner instantly. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

So ur saying Billy the P.E. teacher was the best at NY.Cmon man.u fergitting the legend? And ur saying the current coach is one of the best?

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Barber1973 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 pm So ur saying Billy the P.E. teacher was the best at NY.Cmon man.u fergitting the legend? And ur saying the current coach is one of the best?
I think that's what he's saying. Not saying I agree. I think the current coach is the best. And Davey's "legend" status was as a player wasn't it and not as a coach. There's only been 4 coaches so both the Trimble guys are in the top 3. :mrgreen:

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

koondoger wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Trimble coach? He11 he's older than Hinton. You need to look southeast of Logan and west of Trimble for the answer. He's younger and took a loser only to turn them into a winner instantly. :mrgreen:
Didn’t say I wanted the Trimble coach. Just asked if he had interest as I had heard he did. That’s all....

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Scuttlebutt is a reduced list of 7 that will be interviewed. Heard it from 3 different people so take it for what it is.

Live Like A Champion!
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Logangrad wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:21 pm Scuttlebutt is a reduced list of 7 that will be interviewed. Heard it from 3 different people so take it for what it is.
If true, getting closer to moving forward with a new leader of Chieftain Football Nation. I hope they embrace it.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Trimble's coach was made for Trimble and Trimble was made for him.

Plus the Tomcats were young and expect to be better for the next couple of seasons than they were this year.

And I think any coach Logan hires might only be here for 3ish years. If Logan gets turned around he'd likely look north for a better job. And I'm fine with that.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logangrad wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:21 pm Scuttlebutt is a reduced list of 7 that will be interviewed. Heard it from 3 different people so take it for what it is.
That is more than I have heard but I trust your sources.

Return to “Football”