Post by Pa Trojan »

Webster hang tough great game

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

Post by 1987chieftains »

Dundas wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:15 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:21 am burg #2 in the state (in d3) and still ranked behind logan?
Yes.
😂😂
AP rankings are more biased than officiating at Wellston. Lol
PFloyd > the AP
Classic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Post of the day!!

AT THE RESERVATION
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

just a question, so if a team in the top 25 plays a team on the end table and wins but only wins by a small margin like say by 10 points or less would that effect the team that is in the top 25 in the rankings a lot or would it just be chalked up as a win and move on and not effect their ranking?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Maybe the top 25 team cleared the bench against the lower ranked teams first five. This doesn't show up in the stats. It might show the bench score points but not when and why.
Last edited by noreply66 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:57 pm Maybe the top 25 team cleared the bench against the lower ranked teams first five. This doesn't show up in the states. It might show the bench score points but not when and why.
Makes perfect sense to me, happens in games every night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Reds Fan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:48 pm just a question, so if a team in the top 25 plays a team on the end table and wins but only wins by a small margin like say by 10 points or less would that effect the team that is in the top 25 in the rankings a lot or would it just be chalked up as a win and move on and not effect their ranking?
... no, as I have no knowledge of the game - how it played out, why it was so close etc. the team in the top 25 go there based on their performance already - "stuff" happens ... good teams have bad nights , not so good teams have good night ... if ANYTHING IF an End Table Team plays well vs a Top 25 team the lower ranked team gets an " * " beside THAT game, IF they continue to play well but still lose the good showings (which I see as improvement) can get the End Table Team "OFF" the End Table ... ALL games are "seen" in context for both teams ... there are lower ranked teams who have 1 or 2 wins BUT are no where near the End Table due to the schedule they have played, how they have performed vs THAT tough schedule ... it STILL comes down to "Ws" in the end ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Pfloyd, you said Blevins had 3 fouls in the 1st half last night. Did he pick those up guarding Holden, rebounding or what ?

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:44 pm
Reds Fan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:48 pm just a question, so if a team in the top 25 plays a team on the end table and wins but only wins by a small margin like say by 10 points or less would that effect the team that is in the top 25 in the rankings a lot or would it just be chalked up as a win and move on and not effect their ranking?
... no, as I have no knowledge of the game - how it played out, why it was so close etc. the team in the top 25 go there based on their performance already - "stuff" happens ... good teams have bad nights , not so good teams have good night ... if ANYTHING IF an End Table Team plays well vs a Top 25 team the lower ranked team gets an " * " beside THAT game, IF they continue to play well but still lose the good showings (which I see as improvement) can get the End Table Team "OFF" the End Table ... ALL games are "seen" in context for both teams ... there are lower ranked teams who have 1 or 2 wins BUT are no where near the End Table due to the schedule they have played, how they have performed vs THAT tough schedule ... it STILL comes down to "Ws" in the end ...
thanks pfloyd, much appreciated.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:54 pm Pfloyd, you said Blevins had 3 fouls in the 1st half last night. Did he pick those up guarding Holden, rebounding or what ?
... One on an attempt at a rebound , the 2nd from where I was seated "should not have been given to him - should have been given to Zimmerman" and the 3rd was a charging call driving to the bucket from the top of the key ... the second foul that put him on the bench WAS when Holden was making a drive across the lane - Holden definitely got fouled BUT it was Zimmerman who got him not Blevins imo ... it was a very physical game all around ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:31 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:54 pm Pfloyd, you said Blevins had 3 fouls in the 1st half last night. Did he pick those up guarding Holden, rebounding or what ?
... One on an attempt at a rebound , the 2nd from where I was seated "should not have been given to him - should have been given to Zimmerman" and the 3rd was a charging call driving to the bucket from the top of the key ... the second foul that put him on the bench WAS when Holden was making a drive across the lane - Holden definitely got fouled BUT it was Zimmerman who got him not Blevins imo ... it was a very physical game all around ...
Thank you ! I just hope he's able health wise to be able to play the rest of the year. Great kid and a difference maker on the floor.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I just typed up a full rundown of the Wheelersburg @ South Webster game last night - took me 30 minutes to type it up ... THEN I went to post it AND IT DISAPPEARED !!! - gone ... I backed up the screen - nothing ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhh ... I apologize to the Burg/Jeep faithful - not doing it all over again now ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:04 pm I just typed up a full rundown of the Wheelersburg @ South Webster game last night - took me 30 minutes to type it up ... THEN I went to post it AND IT DISAPPEARED !!! - gone ... I backed up the screen - nothing ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhh ... I apologize to the Burg/Jeep faithful - not doing it all over again now ...
Usually when this happens it’s because you’ve been somehow logged out and back in. Wireless goes away and comes back. Hit the back button twice and it should be there.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:04 pm I just typed up a full rundown of the Wheelersburg @ South Webster game last night - took me 30 minutes to type it up ... THEN I went to post it AND IT DISAPPEARED !!! - gone ... I backed up the screen - nothing ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhh ... I apologize to the Burg/Jeep faithful - not doing it all over again now ...
What time did you write it up? I cleared the forum cashe earlier today I think around 10 to 11AM. That's the only thing I think that could of caused that.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
sportsdude
Waterboy

Post by sportsdude »

1987chieftains wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:36 am
Dundas wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:15 pm
Yes.
😂😂
AP rankings are more biased than officiating at Wellston. Lol
PFloyd > the AP
Classic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Post of the day!!
AP rankings are biased for sure but I wouldnt go that far to say more biased than officiating at wellson :lol: :lol: :lol:

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I asked this question on another thread and never got answered.

Last year Sheridan had another 6'8" kid, Royster was the last name. Amere Royster. No longer on the roster. Did he transfer somewhere?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
sportsdude
Waterboy

Post by sportsdude »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 am I asked this question on another thread and never got answered.

Last year Sheridan had another 6'8" kid, Royster was the last name. Amere Royster. No longer on the roster. Did he transfer somewhere?
right and cant find anything on him. I am curious to know this as well

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... transferred TO Sheridan last year FROM Newark ... Newark is undefeated this season - did he go BACK to Newark ??? I have to see if there is a Newark roster somewhere online to answer my own question !!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”