4. Athens 2nd best player
5. Arbaugh
6. Athens 3rd best player
7. Athens 4th best player

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Re: Possible POY in TVC

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:01 pm 1. Athens best player (Maxfield)
2. Kearns
3. Baer
5. Arbaugh
I think the Seale kid should be mentioned in there somewhere. I agree with Maxfield, Kearns, Baer and Arbaugh and maybe Hines at this point.

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

Raider said it best all last year. Williams at Athens is really the key and playing great. Butcher impossible to guard. They get MVP

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Johnstown wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 pm Raider said it best all last year. Williams at Athens is really the key and playing great. Butcher impossible to guard. They get MVP
Williams can be flashy, makes amazing plays, but only averages about 7 ppg & 4 or 5 turnovers. Butcher, while talented, looks disinterested at times. His scoring is way down. Has barely reached double digits in any games.
Maxfield leads the team in scoring, but Chubb is right on his tail. Eli playing really good ball the last 3 or 4 weeks. Top 3 in every statistical category for Athens.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I got to hear the post game run down. I was surprised to hear the stats on Chubb. Went off for 20 tonight with a couple of big 3s and several mid-range jumpers. Sounds like his defense, rebounds, steals and blocks are consistent every game as relayed by the announcer. I’ve always said this about Chubb, he isn’t flashy-just a blue collar player who puts in the work every game and does what his team needs from him. After tonight I think the race for POY between him and Maxfield is now neck and neck. Hoping this team continues their hot streak at the Warrior Dome Friday night!!!

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

There is no contest between Chubb and Maxfield, my god. Chubb gets that nod, easily.

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:59 pm I got to hear the post game run down. I was surprised to hear the stats on Chubb. Went off for 20 tonight with a couple of big 3s and several mid-range jumpers. Sounds like his defense, rebounds, steals and blocks are consistent every game as relayed by the announcer. I’ve always said this about Chubb, he isn’t flashy-just a blue collar player who puts in the work every game and does what his team needs from him. After tonight I think the race for POY between him and Maxfield is now neck and neck. Hoping this team continues their hot streak at the Warrior Dome Friday night!!!
Warren will out coach them. Sorry pops.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I like JK Kerns from Alex, without him the team doesn't function.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

JustusLeague wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:00 am There is no contest between Chubb and Maxfield, my god. Chubb gets that nod, easily.
I wouldn’t say that at ALL Lol. Wasn’t Maxfield out due to illness? That kid has more leadership ability and essentially has spent every minute on the floor as he is the one constant. I have yet to see Cozart take him out unless he was sick or they were way ahead. That says a lot and this is the first real big game Chubb has had against a very weak Wellston team. There was no way all these kids on Athens weren’t going to avg 10 or more each.

I was there for this one. This was only my second game seeing Athens, but let’s get real, without Maxfield out there the team looked a bit dysfunctional which surprised me just because of their opponent. I would take Williams before Chubb just due to his ability, speed and no his rebounding. I am sure the Maxfield kid would have had his share of those points too if he hadn’t sat 3 plus quarters.

On another note Baer is still lighting it up and i still feel the race is between him and Maxfield at this point. Chubb hasn’t showed me much against a strong team. His big games of Wellston, New Lex and River Valley aren’t defining for me. Granted he’s coming along and just have to see how he back part of the season finishes. I could be wrong but Chubb not on my top three yet.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:48 pm
JustusLeague wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:00 am There is no contest between Chubb and Maxfield, my god. Chubb gets that nod, easily.
I wouldn’t say that at ALL Lol. Wasn’t Maxfield out due to illness? That kid has more leadership ability and essentially has spent every minute on the floor as he is the one constant. I have yet to see Cozart take him out unless he was sick or they were way ahead. That says a lot and this is the first real big game Chubb has had against a very weak Wellston team. There was no way all these kids on Athens weren’t going to avg 10 or more each.

I was there for this one. This was only my second game seeing Athens, but let’s get real, without Maxfield out there the team looked a bit out of sync and appeared lazy or just going through the motions which surprised me just because of their opponent. His energy is bar none to most any other player in this league. I would take Williams before Chubb just due to his ability, speed and no his rebounding. I am sure the Maxfield kid would have had his share of those points too if he hadn’t sat 3 plus quarters.

On another note Baer is still lighting it up and i still feel the race is between him and Maxfield at this point. Chubb hasn’t showed me much against a strong team. His big games of Wellston, New Lex and River Valley aren’t defining for me. Granted he’s coming along and just have to see how he back part of the season finishes. I could be wrong but Chubb not on my top three yet.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:01 pm 1. Athens best player (Maxfield)
2. Kearns
3. Baer
5. Arbaugh
I agree with this but would have Baer 1 or 2. That head to head match up against Athens put Maxfield like one slight notch up but very very close and Kearns at 3 is definitely in that race

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

I was there for this one. This was only my second game seeing Athens, but let’s get real, without Maxfield out there the team looked a bit dysfunctional which surprised me just because of their opponent. I would take Williams before Chubb just due to his ability, speed and no his rebounding. I am sure the Maxfield kid would have had his share of those points too if he hadn’t sat 3 plus quarters.

ah, maybe being a daddy is screwing with your vision :)

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

JustusLeague wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Looks like you touched a nerve Justus. I took a look over at the Football forum and all I can say is this person is a huge Maxfield fan. I like Maxfield and give him credit when credit is due as well as other players. One in particular- however; discredits other players. This poster has always tried to discredit Chubb and other players for Athens for whatever reason(see above posts). I remember reading about Chubb making All-league and All- District and chosen as a top junior in Ohio and he is putting up big numbers this year as reported by 93Bulldog so that’s what I will go by and I will stick by my statement that he and Maxfield are neck and neck in the POY race IMO.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Not at all. Call it as I see, hear it and read it on radio and news paper. Definitely not a Chubb hater at all. Each of these kids are key to Athens being successful for the rest of the season. Chubby got talent for sure. And I think he can be a potential for POY for sure. I’m just saying at this point and time those are my opinion of things.

My opinion means nothing here. Everyone is entitled to it. I would be the first one to applaud any kid and those who pick em right. I just note the little stuff and the overall hustle too. That is going to be the biggest factor down the road. Hynes, bar none is one of my favorite players. I am hoping for all these kids they make a great run and can get Athens far into talks for the playoffs. Wouldn’t that be great to see. Either way We have a bunch of impressive kids and not one clear stand out yet.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This is kinda crazy lol. I hope the Athens players don’t read this. I haven’t seen enough of Athens to be any say on this. The games I have watched the last two years....Hynes has been their best player, but by reading on here daily I trust certain posters on here and they seem to believe Maxfield is the best Athens player. Chubb has struggled when I have watched. I’ve seen Butcher look the best too.

Regardless it seems like a few dads are on here, which is fine but it seems as if they don’t appreciate the other players as much. Some of this talk could weaken the Bulldog team IMO

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:24 pm

Not at all. Call it as I see, hear it and read it on radio and news paper. Definitely not a Chubb hater at all. Each of these kids are key to Athens being successful for the rest of the season. Chubb got talent for sure. And I think he can be a potential for POY for sure. I’m just saying at this point and time those are my opinion of things.

My opinion means nothing here. Everyone is entitled to it. I would be the first one to applaud any kid and those who pick em right. I just note the little stuff and the overall hustle too. That is going to be the biggest factor down the road. Hynes, bar none is one of my favorite players. I am hoping for all these kids they make a great run and can get Athens far into talks for the playoffs. Wouldn’t that be great to see. Either way We have a bunch of impressive kids and not one clear stand out yet.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It really depends what game or even what week it is when it comes to an MVP for Athens. I think all members of the starting 5 have made a case at one time or another this season

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Not at all. Call it as I see, hear it and read it on radio and news paper. Definitely not a Chubb hater at all. Each of these kids are key to Athens being successful for the rest of the season. Chubb got talent for sure. And I think he can be a potential for POY for sure. I’m just saying at this point and time those are my opinion of things.

Your words say it all. How you diminish accomplishments from players other than Maxfield. You are easy to read through. Just don’t get why you do that. I mean what is your agenda? Why can’t a kid like Chubb be praised for a 20 point performance by you? Why must you say it was his “1st big game” against a “weak Wellston team”? Answer me why you are doing that?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 pm
Allthewayup11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Your words say it all. How you diminish accomplishments from players other than Maxfield. You are easy to read through. Just don’t get why you do that. I mean what is your agenda? Why can’t a kid like Chubb be praised for a 20 point performance by you? Why must you say it was his “1st big game” against a “weak Wellston team”? Answer me why you are doing that?
I know what you are saying VQ but for me an outsider...I’m way more impressed with a player scoring 20 against Waverly than one scoring 20 vs Wellston. Doesn’t mean he didn’t have a great game but great games are definitely easier versus lesser teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chubb play football?

Return to “Boys Basketball”