Ron hinton officially stepping down at Chillicothe

Ohio1234
JV Team

Ron hinton officially stepping down at Chillicothe

Post by Ohio1234 »

Hinton who has 344 career wins and 5th all time in the state of ohio steps down as chillicothe football coach. Congrats to coach hinton. Time for the Jimmy Skinner era at chillicothe, Skinner who was a stand out QB for chillicothe in the late 90s and QB for the marshal thundering herd, has been coach in kentucky where he has been to the state championship with bera high school and has sent many players To college the most highly tauted was RB Damion Harris the current Alabama stand out running back who we will see running the rock in tonights national championship.

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Ron hinton officially stepping down at Chillicothe

Post by Kicker. »

Chilli coming off playoff appearances too hope they find a good candidate for this job

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Congrats to coach Hinton on a legendary career.
Best of luck to Ron in his retirement. May he find comfort in his next adventure.

Skinner? That would be awesome I know he is having a lot of success in Kentucky.

StateTheFacts
Waterboy

Post by StateTheFacts »

Has it been confirmed that they are speaking with Skinner about the coaching job???

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

StateTheFacts wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:41 am Has it been confirmed that they are speaking with Skinner about the coaching job???
No idea. Just going off that post from 1234.
Would be great if he was. Young, local, and one of the best QBs our school has ever seen.

StateTheFacts
Waterboy

Post by StateTheFacts »

Sounds like he would make the Cavaliers a great coach for years to come.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

StateTheFacts wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:20 am Sounds like he would make the Cavaliers a great coach for years to come.
Im not as convinced as you are. Madison Southern was 2-9 last season and has a combined record of 32-28 over the last 5 years. That includes the one good season they had at 11-4. Take that season out and they are 21-24.

I would think Chillicothe would be able to get a person with head coaching experience, teaching degree, and an excellent track record.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

ravensfan09 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:28 pm
StateTheFacts wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:20 am Sounds like he would make the Cavaliers a great coach for years to come.
Im not as convinced as you are. Madison Southern was 2-9 last season and has a combined record of 32-28 over the last 5 years. That includes the one good season they had at 11-4. Take that season out and they are 21-24.

I would think Chillicothe would be able to get a person with head coaching experience, teaching degree, and an excellent track record.

Skinner has all 3 right?

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:57 pm
ravensfan09 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Skinner has all 3 right?
I know hes been an Offensive Coordinator at Madison Southern. I don't think he has been a head coach. The last five years is 32-28 which is obviously around .500.

StateTheFacts
Waterboy

Post by StateTheFacts »

I think if given the opportunity and his own coaching staff, I think his experience at the college level and coaching will be fantastic for the Cavaliers. I know everyone has an opinion but someone who played at a higher level always brings some excitement to your program.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

StateTheFacts wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:38 pm I think if given the opportunity and his own coaching staff, I think his experience at the college level and coaching will be fantastic for the Cavaliers. I know everyone has an opinion but someone who played at a higher level always brings some excitement to your program.
Coach Hinton's whole staff is leaving? That would be a shame.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to Coach Ron Hinton.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Definitely a great coach! A true legend!

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

He has a nephew up 23 a few miles who is a good coach. Just hard times where he is now.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Congratulations to Coach Hinton, from this Hamilton Township supporter. He was definitely the man we loved to hate, mostly during his Amanda years, but we couldn't help but respect and admire his coaching success and legacy.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Zunardo wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:15 pm Congratulations to Coach Hinton, from this Hamilton Township supporter. He was definitely the man we loved to hate, mostly during his Amanda years, but we couldn't help but respect and admire his coaching success and legacy.
Love this post and its true meaning. Rivalries, while bitter, always have mutual respect!

Return to “Football”