Possible POY TVC-OHIO 2018/2019

VisionQuest
All State

Possible POY TVC-OHIO 2018/2019

Post by VisionQuest »

Time to start a new page on this. That other thread has 21 pages!!! With 18 of those from last year. We are halfway through the season please post any thoughts on who you think the Frontrunner is and why.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Possible POY TVC-OHIO 2018/2019

Post by Ironman92 »

1. Maxfield
2. Baer
3. Kearns
4. Chubb
5. Arbaugh
6. Hynes

I have Maxfield over Chubb but it’s pretty close. Shooting % and defense. Maxfield shooting 54% and Chubb 38%

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:47 pm 1. Maxfield
2. Baer
3. Kearns
4. Chubb
5. Arbaugh
6. Hynes

I have Maxfield over Chubb but it’s pretty close. Shooting % and defense. Maxfield shooting 54% and Chubb 38%
Good list!! I have:
1)Baer
2) Maxfield/Chubb
3)Kearns
4)Arbaugh
5)Mecum
Just to give some insight Ironman regarding FG% As far as Maxfield and Chubb goes from what I have witnessed it goes like this for every 10 shots-Maxfield 8 of 10 shots dribble drive for lay-ups or fast break lay-ups the other 2 shots 3 point attempts. Chubb I would say 5 of 10 shots mid-range jumpers 3 3 point attempts and 2 dribble drives. I know points are points but that would explain the difference. Not taking anything away from Maxfield cause that boy can sure finish at the rim and sometimes with Circus like moves.
I have Maxfield and Chubb tied because I need to see more. I also like the 1.5 blocks a game Chubb gets. I have to think that makes opponents leery of driving in there against him. Maxfield gets the most minutes but the 6’4” Chubb becomes the PG when Williams is out.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:03 pm
2. Baer
3. Kearns
4. Chubb
5. Arbaugh
6. Hynes

Good list!! I have:
1)Baer
2) Maxfield/Chubb
3)Kearns
4)Arbaugh
5)Mecum
Just to give some insight Ironman regarding FG% As far as Maxfield and Chubb goes from what I have witnessed it goes like this for every 10 shots-Maxfield 8 of 10 shots dribble drive for lay-ups or fast break lay-ups the other 2 shots 3 point attempts. Chubb I would say 5 of 10 shots mid-range jumpers 3 3 point attempts and 2 dribble drives. I know points are points but that would explain the difference. Not taking anything away from Maxfield cause that boy can sure finish at the rim and sometimes with Circus like moves.
I have Maxfield and Chubb tied because I need to see more. I also like the 1.5 blocks a game Chubb gets. I have to think that makes opponents leery of driving in there against him. Maxfield gets the most minutes but the 6’4” Chubb becomes the PG when Williams is out.
I figured some of that but 16% is big and 38% is too low unless he’s only shooting 3’s. I watched him have to run the point vs Waverly’s pressure and that tough on the big guard. Warren clearly did the same. He’s doing what his team needs even though it’s not his position. That puts him close but still behind Maxfield.

If Baer can lead Meigs to a 2nd place finish over Alex and VC and Maxfield is still at 11 ppg...I will likely switch. Have to play it out.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 pm
2. Baer
3. Kearns
4. Chubb
5. Arbaugh
6. Hynes

Good list!! I have:
1)Baer
2) Maxfield/Chubb
3)Kearns
4)Arbaugh
5)Mecum
I figured some of that but 16% is big and 38% is too low unless he’s only shooting 3’s. I watched him have to run the point vs Waverly’s pressure and that tough on the big guard. Warren clearly did the same. He’s doing what his team needs even though it’s not his position. That puts him close but still behind Maxfield.

If Baer can lead Meigs to a 2nd place finish over Alex and VC and Maxfield is still at 11 ppg...I will likely switch. Have to play it out.
All good points!!! I should have also put Seele from NY as my 7th player who should be on that list. These players are the ones really standing out to me in the TVC at mid/point.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I would have to pick Weston Baer. He can do anything that needs to be done. He can bring the ball up the court if need be, he can shoot the 3, he can dribble drive to the basket and finish at the rim, he has a great mid-range jump shot, plus hes a very good defensive player. With that being said, I don't think he will get it, because Meigs will not finish with a good enough record in the league.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Maxfield. I could almost guarantee Maxfield wins POTY. Baer will win it next year.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:02 am Maxfield. I could almost guarantee Maxfield wins POTY. Baer will win it next year.
You very well could be right. It probably all depends on how high in the league that Meigs is able to finish.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

These topics are not good for the players to be reading.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

SportsRule wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:05 pm These topics are not good for the players to be reading.
Can I ask your thought process on why there can’t be a discussion?

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

Discuss all you want. I just said it’s not good for players to be reading.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

2. Baer
3. Kearns
4. Chubb
5. Arbaugh
6. Hynes

Good list!! I have:
1)Baer
2) Maxfield/Chubb
3)Kearns
4)Arbaugh
5)Mecum
Great feedback Vision some things I didn’t consider. Appreciate the additional insight. Anyone have stats on Turnovers, steals and all the other things like 3 point percentage for the Athens team would be an interesting stat. I can’t imagine it would be too high for any of the team except maybe Markins and Butcher? Anyone know Free throw percentages? Those would all be key factors too in a tight race.

Also I think Seale should be in top 5. He has been an unexpected surprise mixed in with the usual suspects Baer, Arbaugh and Kearns. How’s Mecum stack up against Kearns?
Last edited by Allthewayup11 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:49 pm
2. Baer
3. Kearns
4. Chubb
5. Arbaugh
6. Hynes

Good list!! I have:
1)Baer
2) Maxfield/Chubb
3)Kearns
4)Arbaugh
5)Mecum
Great feedback Vision some things I didn’t consider. Appreciate the additional insight. Anyone have stats on Turnovers, steals and all the other things like 3 point percentage for the Athens team would be an interesting stat. I can’t imagine it would be too high for any of the team except maybe Markins and Butcher? Anyone know Free throw percentages? Those would all be key factors too in the tight race as well.

Also I think Seale should be in top 5. He has been an unexpected surprise mixed in with the usual suspects Baer and Kearns.
They were listed on the old thread, that’s where I got the FG% from

Free throw %’s were bad (Maxfield 62%, Chubb 50% I think) 3 pt % wasn’t good.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:58 pm
Good list!! I have:
1)Baer
2) Maxfield/Chubb
3)Kearns
4)Arbaugh
5)Mecum
Great feedback Vision some things I didn’t consider. Appreciate the additional insight. Anyone have stats on Turnovers, steals and all the other things like 3 point percentage for the Athens team would be an interesting stat. I can’t imagine it would be too high for any of the team except maybe Markins and Butcher? Anyone know Free throw percentages? Those would all be key factors too in the tight race as well.

Also I think Seale should be in top 5. He has been an unexpected surprise mixed in with the usual suspects Baer and Kearns.

Eek! Steals? Charges (i consider those steals) even though they don’t count that way in a score book. Hasn’t been as many this year. Only as a foul for the other team right? Lol. Think there has been a few taking charges this year between Maxfield, Markins and i think maybe Williams and Butcher?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Eek! Steals? Charges (i consider those steals) even though they don’t count that way in a score book. Hasn’t been as many this year. Only as a foul for the other team right? Lol. Think there has been a few taking charges this year between Maxfield, Markins and i think maybe Williams and Butcher?
The stats I viewed...nothing great jumped out. The 16% gap in FG % between Maxfield and Chubb I thought was a bit too big but know Chubb shoots more difficult shots and also has to play out of position a bit.

Defense is tough to judge in a zone. A lot of factors in all of this.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:00 pm

The stats I viewed...nothing great jumped out. The 16% gap in FG % between Maxfield and Chubb I thought was a bit too big but know Chubb shoots more difficult shots and also has to play out of position a bit.

Defense is tough to judge in a zone. A lot of factors in all of this.
Makes sense

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

A charge is counted has a turnover

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

itsme wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:00 pm

So it counts as a turnover and a offensive foul?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:44 pm
itsme wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:00 pm

So it counts as a turnover and a offensive foul?
Yeah, it’s a foul and you lose possession

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Chubb/Maxfield still the favorite, IMO
Baer is right there ...

But ... If Alex beats Athens on 2/1 - and J.K. has another great game - the scrappy little PG will shoot to the top of odds makers boards as the favorite.

Return to “Boys Basketball”