Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #6

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #6

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:01 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 am
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:21 am

This is what I have on the Big Board ...

Jackson

W 61-54 Bloom Carroll
W 59-34 Wellston
L 48-50 McClain
W 69-33 HIllsboro
W 62-55 OT Wash CH
W 69-46 Miami Trace
W 73-63 Meigs
L 35-53 @ Chillicothe
W 53-31 Unioto
W 64-56 Hunterdon Central
W 59-45 Minford
W 66-41 Vinton County
W 56-48 McClain
L 41-45 Fairland
Who is Hunterdon Central? That’s the error
They are a D1 (pretty high end prep school on the outskirts of Rarden) They typically don’t play Ohio teams but Coach Morrow used to play Pro Am dodgeball with their coach. Their team is loaded with players that have elbows halfway down their arms and feet on the bottom of their legs.
... okay, I just looked at Hunterdon Central's schedule - says they DID play Jackson AND Lost ... soooooo was the original record I had listed of 11-3 correct ? ... I'm confused ! - is T-Rex back on the schedule /record ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

OHSAA has ruled that Hunterdon Central’s games will not count towards W/L record of any OHSAA affiliated team due to their coach’s over active interest in the TVC POY debate.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 am
Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:44 am
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:40 am

... tough week for the Purple, looking forward to seeing how far they have come since the early part of the year when they played Gahanna and Hilliard Davidson ... the Chiefs need some "W's" above the Lancaster-Dixon Line to help with tourney seeding in February ... "good showings" aren't going to get us any love from the Central District "party planners" ... need the almighty "W" - that's ALL the OCC understands when it comes to dealing with Logan/Chillicothe - they don't give us much respect when it comes to the post season ...
Agreed! Both games earlier in the season were games we could have won. But, this game on Tuesday at Pick North is definitely a game that the Chiefs could win too. And I also agree with your point, this week will be a big test to see how far they've come since then. Can they get the W?
... absolutely imo - the Purple have definitely gotten better - they are more than JUST Bo Myers - not that having a player who gets you 26ppg is a bad thing LOL ... the Bell Boyz have settled into their roles ... Cassady isn't surprising anyone off the bench anymore - he gets his 2,3 triples in the flow of the offense ... Brooks plays the solid D - not sure why Landon Little has not played of late - injury ? I haven't seen his name in the LDN rundowns ... they need him in there defensively for sure BUT the biggest improvement imo is that the bench has gotten longer with Tegan Myers and Justin Wolfe getting minutes - meaningful minutes in the flow of the game as part of the rotation ... with Little the Chiefs go a legitimate 8 deep WITH 6-6 size off the bench and scoring from Tegan Myers along with ball movement, offensive contributions - scoring, rebounding ... I like where the Chiefs are - taking care of the ball, playing D holding opponents to around 43 ppg over the last 4-5 games ...
I also think they are getting better. When they get Little back he will be the first of the bench( good defensive player) followed by the 6-6 boy(Wolfe )Size . Thats the strength . The Bell Boyz and Brooks are the Blue collar players that can step up . Get on the floor and D in your face and then sting you with a 3. Myers going to get his points he 's just a tough matchup and Cassidy will let it go from almost any where. I might try and make the trip to Pick North on Tuesday if not will it be streamed ?

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Jackson is 10-3. The game v. HC was played over the internet on Xbox. OHSAA said that it does not count toward official records.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pete_Bell wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:52 pm Jackson is 10-3. The game v. HC was played over the internet on Xbox. OHSAA said that it does not count toward official records.
LOL .. gotcha LOL ...

Jackie Moon
Riding the Bench

Post by Jackie Moon »

Rumor is Jackson’s EA sports team uniforms are Hawaiian shirts and bucket hats.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Jackie Moon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:10 pm Rumor is Jackson’s EA sports team uniforms are Hawaiian shirts and bucket hats.
Don’t forget the flip flops and fanny packs

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

all ready for a trip to Disney World?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I hope people don’t sleep on South Webster. Several of those losses were due to Blevins being hurt. Come tournament time they are going to be a monster in D-4 . Very talented.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lightle04 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:46 pm I hope people don’t sleep on South Webster. Several of those losses were due to Blevins being hurt. Come tournament time they are going to be a monster in D-4 . Very talented.
No one is. Those TVC Hocking teams will be doing all they can to avoid them

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:51 pm
Lightle04 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:46 pm I hope people don’t sleep on South Webster. Several of those losses were due to Blevins being hurt. Come tournament time they are going to be a monster in D-4 . Very talented.
No one is. Those TVC Hocking teams will be doing all they can to avoid them
Very, very good team - only to get better with Blevins back.

Lvbball
Waterboy

Post by Lvbball »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:49 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:44 am

Agreed! Both games earlier in the season were games we could have won. But, this game on Tuesday at Pick North is definitely a game that the Chiefs could win too. And I also agree with your point, this week will be a big test to see how far they've come since then. Can they get the W?
... absolutely imo - the Purple have definitely gotten better - they are more than JUST Bo Myers - not that having a player who gets you 26ppg is a bad thing LOL ... the Bell Boyz have settled into their roles ... Cassady isn't surprising anyone off the bench anymore - he gets his 2,3 triples in the flow of the offense ... Brooks plays the solid D - not sure why Landon Little has not played of late - injury ? I haven't seen his name in the LDN rundowns ... they need him in there defensively for sure BUT the biggest improvement imo is that the bench has gotten longer with Tegan Myers and Justin Wolfe getting minutes - meaningful minutes in the flow of the game as part of the rotation ... with Little the Chiefs go a legitimate 8 deep WITH 6-6 size off the bench and scoring from Tegan Myers along with ball movement, offensive contributions - scoring, rebounding ... I like where the Chiefs are - taking care of the ball, playing D holding opponents to around 43 ppg over the last 4-5 games ...
I also think they are getting better. When they get Little back he will be the first of the bench( good defensive player) followed by the 6-6 boy(Wolfe )Size . Thats the strength . The Bell Boyz and Brooks are the Blue collar players that can step up . Get on the floor and D in your face and then sting you with a 3. Myers going to get his points he 's just a tough matchup and Cassidy will let it go from almost any where. I might try and make the trip to Pick North on Tuesday if not will it be streamed ?
The rotation will depend, at least it has been on what the team needs at the time Logan subs. Agree with Floyd, Logan now has a 8 player rotation which will only help down the road.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Lvbball wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:59 pm
Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:49 pm

The rotation will depend, at least it has been on what the team needs at the time Logan subs. Agree with Floyd, Logan now has a 8 player rotation which will only help down the road.
If they want to compete with the Central Ohio team they had better not or need to go very deep. Getting Little back will be a positive . He gives them a lift defensively. Wolfe is someone to bang with big bodies that they will see down the road . The situation will determind if and who is rotated in IMO.

Lvbball
Waterboy

Post by Lvbball »

Disagree truth/fiction. Each of the 3 subs bring something a little different to the game and situations needed. I like all 3 subs for what they bring to the game.
It has showed over the last 3-4 games with each getting time(Wolfe/myers). Little should be back this week and they will be stronger using all three .

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Lvbball wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:19 am Disagree truth/fiction. Each of the 3 subs bring something a little different to the game and situations needed. I like all 3 subs for what they bring to the game.
It has showed over the last 3-4 games with each getting time(Wolfe/myers). Little should be back this week and they will be stronger using all three .
Yes they do all bring something different. I'm just stating that they do . Apparently I have offended you which was not my intent . If they give quality minutes ( all 3 ) this will be a plus . I think WOLFE IS THE TRUMP CARD simply for the reason of size and Logan is Guard heavy . Good luck to the Chieftains the rest of the season .

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Looking at their schedule they are 3-4 with Blevins, and 2-4 without Blevins.

Nonetheless, they are hands down the most talented D4 team in the district. Coal Grove and New Boston are the only two that are near them talent wise but if South Webster plays to their potential they are undoubtedly the favorite to win the district in D4.

The concern with them is the record, they're losing a lot of close games. That could hurt them come tournament seeding time, as Ironman92 alluded to earlier ---- the TVC coaches will be doing their best to avoid them.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Record may not show, but I think Blevins being hurt made them a stronger team. They are definitely a tough out.

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

Logan Elm is 6-5 I believe

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TravisHill222 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:18 pm Logan Elm is 6-5 I believe
... fixed it ... I have t stop believing the ScoreStream app ! geeze ... or probably more like I have to LOOK a little closer when scores are posted ... thanks ...

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:49 pm
TravisHill222 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:18 pm Logan Elm is 6-5 I believe
... fixed it ... I have t stop believing the ScoreStream app ! geeze ... or probably more like I have to LOOK a little closer when scores are posted ... thanks ...
It was probably a girls score u saw

Return to “Boys Basketball”