SEOPS Pfloyd's Elite 8 Tournament

mattash
Site Admin

SEOPS Pfloyd's Elite 8 Tournament

Post by mattash »

Would be really could if we could have an annual elite 8 Tournament. Maybe somewhere in the middle of SEO like Jackson .

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 Tournament

Post by Raider6309 »

Ohio Unversity needs a basketball tournament. Pfloyd and Pol Pot need to make it happen

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 am Ohio Unversity needs a basketball tournament. Pfloyd and Pol Pot need to make it happen
The Final Elite 8 from the year before or what?
With scheduling I don’t know how you could wait for a certain period of the season to get the current Elite 8.
What’s the ideas on this???

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

It would be awesome if we could do it after the state tournament. 8 team tourney over 3 days. Kind of like the college conference tournaments. Play it in Jackson Ohio since its pretty central. Use all the money raised for scholarships.

Pfloyd picks the all tournement team and MVP.

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Would that be against OHSAA rules?

Michael Scott
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mattash wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:51 am Would that be against OHSAA rules?
I believe so

mattash
Site Admin

Re: SEOPS Pfloyd's Elite 8 Tournament

Post by mattash »

If I was to predict it would look like this.

#1 Wheelersburg v #8 Ironton
#4. Warren v # 5 Zane Trace

#2 Logan v #7 Alexander
#3 Chillicothe v # 6 Athens

Bubble Huggers
Fairland
Beaver Eastern
McClain

Michael Scott
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

mattash wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:51 am Would that be against OHSAA rules?

If ohsaa ain't making money= against the rules .

Better do it on paper because this will never fly.

Good idea though

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

mattash wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:30 am Would be really could if we could have an annual elite 8 Tournament. Maybe somewhere in the middle of SEO like Jackson .
You are a genius bud. This could happen the whole state would envy us for it. Why not I can’t see any reason not to have it. Yes it should take place at Jackson we are in the middle the heart of SEO.

Back in my day we did a football all star game in SEO. It was at chilli we practiced at waverly. I wish someone had the film. I know we could do an all star game legally but what about a tourney?
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mattash wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:02 am If I was to predict it would look like this.

#2 Logan v #7 Alexander

Bubble Huggers
Fairland
Beaver Eastern
McClain
Why is Athens #6?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I just through it together as a guess... I'm no Pfloyd.

Michael Scott
allamericanironman
All Conference

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 pm
mattash wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:02 am If I was to predict it would look like this.

#2 Logan v #7 Alexander

Bubble Huggers
Fairland
Beaver Eastern
McClain
Why is Athens #6?
I like the fans getting to have an opinion like in baseball. MattAsh you have got something started buddy. Fans pick 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ....1-4 get bye games and are picked by pfloyd

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

It wouldn't be illegal if you set it up like the OVAC tournament. However, you'd have to get teams to agree to a much larger conference while keeping their same conference. OVAC uses their last two regular season games as a "conference tournament" and the finals between all divisions are at OU-Eastern.

allamericanironman
All Conference

If a guy was doing an internship a project like this would look awesome on a resume. I don’t know about this year but it would be a good thing if this could be pulled off in the future!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Get Sweet Lou Horvath “the voice of SEO high school sports& basketball:30 “ to do the PA - then I’m in ! LOL No credible tourney is run without Lou on the PA ...

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Maybe hard to do a tourney but a Pfloyd's elite 8 show case during the year at some point could be done. Use the year previous year top 8 and match them up that way. Could have some interesting matchups

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

There was a tournament in the former SEOAL called the "Day of Champions". That existed when the league had 10 teams, including Zanesville, Portsmouth, Ironton, and Chillicothe. When the league expanded to 10 teams (which eventually led to its demise), there was a DOC tournament at the end of the regular season. Portsmouth finished in 10th place in the first tournament, losing to Athens. Chillicothe won the first tournament, I believe, beating Zanesville. Every team played in the tournament, which resulted in the final league standings. It was held at Logan HS. I think it lasted for about 3 years. It was a similar format to a NCAA conference tournament, say, the B10. There was a regular season league schedule and then the Day of Champions at the very end of the regular season. Still in compliance with a 20 game OHSAA sanctioned schedule.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

trojandave wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 pm There was a tournament in the former SEOAL called the "Day of Champions". That existed when the league had 10 teams, including Zanesville, Portsmouth, Ironton, and Chillicothe. When the league expanded to 10 teams (which eventually led to its demise), there was a DOC tournament at the end of the regular season. Portsmouth finished in 10th place in the first tournament, losing to Athens. Chillicothe won the first tournament, I believe, beating Zanesville. Every team played in the tournament, which resulted in the final league standings. It was held at Logan HS. I think it lasted for about 3 years. It was a similar format to a NCAA conference tournament, say, the B10. There was a regular season league schedule and then the Day of Champions at the very end of the regular season. Still in compliance with a 20 game OHSAA sanctioned schedule.
That league was insane during those years. State Champ Chilly, Zanesville went to a Final 4 I think, Ironton Final 4/state champ, Warren is always tough, Portsmouth, Athens, Gallia, Logan, Marietta and Jackson.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

It was in compliance because ADs scheduled 19 regular season games knowing that was the 20th.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

trojandave wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 pm There was a tournament in the former SEOAL called the "Day of Champions". That existed when the league had 10 teams, including Zanesville, Portsmouth, Ironton, and Chillicothe. When the league expanded to 10 teams (which eventually led to its demise), there was a DOC tournament at the end of the regular season. Portsmouth finished in 10th place in the first tournament, losing to Athens. Chillicothe won the first tournament, I believe, beating Zanesville. Every team played in the tournament, which resulted in the final league standings. It was held at Logan HS. I think it lasted for about 3 years. It was a similar format to a NCAA conference tournament, say, the B10. There was a regular season league schedule and then the Day of Champions at the very end of the regular season. Still in compliance with a 20 game OHSAA sanctioned schedule.
If I recall, didn’t we have issues with teams not playing all their league games? I’m guessing 2006-2007 SEOAL title for Chillicothe doesn’t count since they didn’t play Zanesville

Return to “Boys Basketball”