Zane Trace vs Johnstown-Monroe

ZTAthletics
Waterboy

Zane Trace vs Johnstown-Monroe

Post by ZTAthletics »

The Pioneers will be hosting the Johnnies in a triple-header Tuesday starting at 4:45.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Zane Trace vs Johnstown-Monroe

Post by Ironman92 »

I assume they are good

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Johnstown-Monroe is 8-1. Their only loss was to Columbus Academy at home last week. They have good wins against DeSales and Jonathan Alder in OT. Zane Trace lost in OT to the Johnnies last year.

Johnstown has only gave up 35 ppg in 9 games.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

25th Street NW wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:30 pm Johnstown-Monroe is 8-1. Their only loss was to Columbus Academy at home last week. They have good wins against DeSales and Jonathan Alder in OT. Zane Trace lost in OT to the Johnnies last year.

Johnstown has only gave up 35 ppg in 9 games.
Should be fun...would be a real good win for ZT

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Very interesting game. Johnstown is led by their defense. They are led by 6'5 Hazelbacker. Their role players know what they are to do and play very well together. Very good team and if they get a lead will slow it way down. One of their games was a 33-16 win.
My take on the game is ZT will look to get Hazelbacker in foul trouble and seen how the dice roll. So yes the officiating will play a role in this game. If Hazelbacker is the game for 4 quarters I like Johnstown's chances of winning.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Can't wait to see this one!

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Johnstown-Monroe 50
Zane Trace 39

Final

ZT (11-3)
JM (8-1)

ZT got to 37-33 with about 4 minutes left and Hazelbaker hit a big 3 from the corner after a Zane Trace rally. He went for 21 pts/19 boards. Johnstown-Monroe is very well coached. They post up deep and get the ball to the guys who should get the ball. Evans got hot in the second half and kept ZT in the game.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Wednesday night:

Granville 35
Johnstown-Monroe 32

Final/2 OT

I think that was for the lead of the Licking County League.

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

petesweaty wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:18 pm Wednesday night:

Granville 35
Johnstown-Monroe 32

Final/2 OT

Yet another reason for a shot clock in high school. Double OT to get to 35-32. Brutal.
I’m sure both are very good teams but that’s awful to watch methodical play like that.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Burg_10 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:44 pm

Granville 35
Johnstown-Monroe 32

Final/2 OT

Yet another reason for a shot clock in high school. Double OT to get to 35-32. Brutal.
I’m sure both are very good teams but that’s awful to watch methodical play like that.
Absolutely need a shot clock

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Johnstown was not really methodical against Zane Trace. They get the ball to their best options, then play really good defense. Killed ZT on the boards.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Granville 35
Johnstown-Monroe 32

Final/2 OT

Granville hit a 3 from a few steps inside half Court to force OT. At 29-29.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

If you want a shot clock, go play in the NBA. Real basketball is played in high school.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mikepike wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:46 pm If you want a shot clock, go play in the NBA. Real basketball is played in high school.
It’s just an opinion either way

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mikepike wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:46 pm If you want a shot clock, go play in the NBA. Real basketball is played in high school.
:roll:

Great insight

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:09 pm
:roll:

Great insight
😂😂😂

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

College basketball must not be real either.

I personally would hate to go watch a game that was faster paced, forced players into end of game situations every possession and also forced players and coaches to actually attack their weaknesses and get better at game planning and at their skills instead of trying to neutralize all those things by holding the ball for 3 minutes at a time. A shot clock sounds totally boring

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:23 pm College basketball must not be real either.

I personally would hate to go watch a game that was faster paced, forced players into end of game situations every possession and also forced players and coaches to actually attack their weaknesses and get better at game planning and at their skills instead of trying to neutralize all those things by holding the ball for 3 minutes at a time. A shot clock sounds totally boring
Very true, I guess for anyone who would be opposed my one question would be why?? https://sports.yahoo.com/high-school-ba ... 14578.html The reality is the only thing you are telling your team is, we can't play with these guys so we are going to try and not let them shoot and if we get lucky maybe we win. Currently it is within the rules so more power to a team that does it, see no downside to having a shot clock though.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:04 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:23 pm College basketball must not be real either.

Very true, I guess for anyone who would be opposed my one question would be why?? https://sports.yahoo.com/high-school-ba ... 14578.html The reality is the only thing you are telling your team is, we can't play with these guys so we are going to try and not let them shoot and if we get lucky maybe we win. Currently it is within the rules so more power to a team that does it, see no downside to having a shot clock though.
It’s forced learning. It may be a little rough at first but it would absolutely force players and coaches to evolve.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

I’m assuming Norm would oppose this idea😂😂😂😂

Return to “Boys Basketball”