Paint Valley week 3 confirmed

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

2019 vs Newark Catholic
2020 at Newark Catholic

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Re: Paint Valley week 3 confirmed

Post by Bumpy »

I don't know if I am happy about this or not, their 3-7 record is deceiving because they play a tough schedule every year. I think PV will be strong this fall because of the numerous returning starters but I thought that Pete would not schedule another "possible" loss non league game after booking Marion Pleasant a month or so ago.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I can't see this being close.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

NC barely lost to a good Col. Academy team and played a decent D2 Licking Heights to a close loss. I also looked at the Green Wave roster and they will be heavy in the Sr. Jr. class this fall. This is not a sure W for PV in 2019.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Time will tell. I have the roster at home. Right off the top of my head I believe They graduated 4 starters on both sides of the ball.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Thats going to be a tough one. Newark lost their coach...when that happens Newark Catholic usually benefits greatly!!!

gils
JV Team

Post by gils »

They went 3-7 last year, in four of those games they were either tied or had the lead late in the 4th. They actually could of been 7-3, the only teams that blew them out were Seneca East ( state semi finalist in D-6) 30-2,Johnstown 34-0 (state runner- in D-5) they were only down 7 late in the 2 qtr. when J-town scored with 30 seconds left 13-0 half. They were never in the Licking Valley game (D-4 state semi finalist) 35 -0. Injuries really hurt this team last year, the primary running back only played maybe seven minutes all year, hurt with a stress fracture in his foot. The QB got hurt in the Watkins game he did not play the rest of the year. The were really young last year, 5 freshmen lettered which is very uncommon at N.C. a new coach and no pre-season scrimmages hurt also. Several players will be 3 year letter winners on the offense and defense. The QB and running back will be back as seniors. This team will surprise many people. They will probably be in D-7 this coming year. BTW the new Newark coach is the old Newark Catholic coach so nobody will not be transferring from Newark. Coach Aiello has them working hard in the weight room and hopefully they will be stronger and have less injuries. He has also picked up a new coach to help him Brian Cross the former Ready HC.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Gils, if you are correct, then this might be a better game than I first though.

Return to “Football”