Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Zach played in the Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC) game on Sunday(1/13) in Louisville (Battle Of The Ville II).

He subs in with 1:41 left in the 1st qtr (8:55 on the video). Out with 5:17 left in the 2nd.

He got a deflection on D and hit a baseline jumper within the 1st minute.

In again at 3:01 in the 2nd (18:41) and out 0:40 2nd.

Started the 4th.

My (less than) napkin stats
  • 4 pts (1 dunk & 1 missed dunk)
    4-5 rebounds
    1 block
Overall, I'd say a good showing for his limited time with the team.

Note: This game was played on a 74ft court. I find that odd for this level of HS basketball.

Re: Zach Loveday - Huntington Prep v Liberty Heights (NC)

Post by Geronimo »

Don't know what to say ?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Looks good

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:08 pm Don't know what to say ?
If you can't say " Good Luck ", don't say anything at all. It's over and done, move on.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 pm
Geronimo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:08 pm Don't know what to say ?
If you can't say " Good Luck ", don't say anything at all. It's over and done, move on.
Good luck. You will need it.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

He will get to see a lot of different venues and sights along with doing a lot of traveling before he graduates with that type of schedule. Maybe 150 people in the stands at this game it looks like.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:14 am He will get to see a lot of different venues and sights along with doing a lot of traveling before he graduates with that type of schedule. Maybe 150 people in the stands at this game it looks like.
Yep. Maybe 10 division 1 scouts, including Louisville's Chris Mack and his top assistant, but that doesn't mean anything :roll:

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The 1st minute alone shows why he's a D1 kid. There was matchup confusion and he sprints to the opposite block to defend the lob out of position, immediately comes down with a quick catch and shoot in the corner and drains it. Pretty basic stuff for all of us on the outside looking in, but when he's playing with (and against) a multitude of high level D1 players, you see he has more than enough potential to handle his own.

He's a junior in his first game for Huntington Prep. More college coaches will be in attendance each game and they'll be able to see the potential of this kid. What's the worst case scenario? He redshirts his freshman year to expedite the process and STILL gets his school paid for?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:31 am The 1st minute alone shows why he's a D1 kid. There was matchup confusion and he sprints to the opposite block to defend the lob out of position, immediately comes down with a quick catch and shoot in the corner and drains it. Pretty basic stuff for all of us on the outside looking in, but when he's playing with (and against) a multitude of high level D1 players, you see he has more than enough potential to handle his own.

He's a junior in his first game for Huntington Prep. More college coaches will be in attendance each game and they'll be able to see the potential of this kid. What's the worst case scenario? He redshirts his freshman year to expedite the process and STILL gets his school paid for?
Don't you know that only kids who should be playing at Rio Grande get redshirted at a D1? C'mon man!!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

HamPorter wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:34 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:31 am The 1st minute alone shows why he's a D1 kid. There was matchup confusion and he sprints to the opposite block to defend the lob out of position, immediately comes down with a quick catch and shoot in the corner and drains it. Pretty basic stuff for all of us on the outside looking in, but when he's playing with (and against) a multitude of high level D1 players, you see he has more than enough potential to handle his own.

Don't you know that only kids who should be playing at Rio Grande get redshirted at a D1? C'mon man!!!
Oh, my bad!! All the 4 star and 5 star recruits on OSU's football team that redshirts seem to disagree. But some people on this board know better than those guys! :P

Watching SE Ohio basketball
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 am

Oh, my bad!! All the 4 star and 5 star recruits on OSU's football team that redshirts seem to disagree. But some people on this board know better than those guys! :P
How any nimrod who watches some basketball from the stands thinks they know more than college scouts is baffling. Do you argue with your dentist about what he should do during dental surgery? What Loveday does defensively alone is enough to get D1 looks. I just don't get it. People want him to put up 40 a night and average a triple double for him to be "good enough". Morons.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 am

How any nimrod who watches some basketball from the stands thinks they know more than college scouts is baffling. Do you argue with your dentist about what he should do during dental surgery? What Loveday does defensively alone is enough to get D1 looks. I just don't get it. People want him to put up 40 a night and average a triple double for him to be "good enough". Morons.
Most of these lummoxes think to themselves “if I was 7’1”, I’d be throwing down twenty dunks and triple-doubles every night & be dating Miss Ohio at the same time.” That boy is uh underachievin’ traituh!

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

good first game for Loveday.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

One question if Loveday came back to Gallia co his SR year? State law he lives 1.5 miles from RV ! What school could he return to ? GA or RV what school would he be eligible to play for ?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

He would be eligible to play 1st half year for either one. But not whole year for either one. I don’t believe

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

svac83 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:00 pm He would be eligible to play 1st half year for either one. But not whole year for either one. I don’t believe
Immediately eligible at River Valley since that is the original district and for the entire season.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:53 am
svac83 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:00 pm He would be eligible to play 1st half year for either one. But not whole year for either one. I don’t believe
Immediately eligible at River Valley since that is the original district and for the entire season.
I think this young man and his family have moved on ... I couldn’t see him coming back to either Ohio team

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Spartan12 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 am
I think this young man and his family have moved on ... I couldn’t see him coming back to either Ohio team
Yep, no way he comes back. I was just answering a question.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:00 am
Spartan12 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 am

Yep, no way he comes back. I was just answering a question.
Gotcha.

Return to “Boys Basketball”