New Coal Grove Coach???

Game day
All State

Re: New Coal Grove Coach???

Post by Game day »

Look at the Wellston post rumor is Jay is leaving but that all could be just rumors.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:33 am
hsfbfan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:11 am Any word on more candidates?
Very quiet, makes me think a deal is done
They were going to pull 5 names and interview them. I am guessing they in the interview process now.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Fattseycline wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:13 am
hsfbfan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:11 am Any word on more candidates?
They were going to pull 5 names and interview them. I am guessing they in the interview process now.
Pulling names out of a hat? That's a great idea. Maybe VC and Logan can learn from this. Throw a bunch of names into a hat and pull out the 5 lucky winners. I wouldn't even interview them though. I'd take those 5, put them in a hat and pull out 3, then 2, and then have a media day and invite all local and statewide media outlets and the whole community to the football stadium. Bring out the hat with the last two names in it and sell chances for someone in the audience to pull out the final name and announce the new head football coach. This would be YUGE! You could make a chunk of money on this and it would get some excitement in the process and the program. What a hell of an idea. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Pulling names out of a hat? If they do that they can hire anyone and give him the nickname "The rabbit". Then they can say they pulled a rabbit out of the hat when the guy starts winning. That way the admins there can take all the credit.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox »

I bet the new coach is being shot out of a "rocket" right to Coal grove! ;)

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I don’t see coach Lucas leaving Wellston this late

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

koondoger wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Pulling names out of a hat? That's a great idea. Maybe VC and Logan can learn from this. Throw a bunch of names into a hat and pull out the 5 lucky winners. I wouldn't even interview them though. I'd take those 5, put them in a hat and pull out 3, then 2, and then have a media day and invite all local and statewide media outlets and the whole community to the football stadium. Bring out the hat with the last two names in it and sell chances for someone in the audience to pull out the final name and announce the new head football coach. This would be YUGE! You could make a chunk of money on this and it would get some excitement in the process and the program. What a hell of an idea. :mrgreen:
Obviously they went through the resumes and picked 5 they like and going to interview them... VC should try pulling names out of an hat because they can’t get much worse one of the worst football programs in the state as far as their size goes Logan not much better so what could it hurt?

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

And I never said they would be randomly pulling names. I guess you just can’t read. If they wanted to be on vc or Logan status i guess they could have a lottery system or take lowest bidder on a coaching salary

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Fattseycline wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:14 am

And I never said they would be randomly pulling names. I guess you just can’t read.
If they wanted to be on vc or Logan status i guess they could have a lottery system or take lowest bidder on a coaching salary
I like both those ideas. And both schools would probably come out much better than they would if they go with the choice of he committees that chose their last 2 coaches and for VC whoever chose their last several. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Where does CG stand on the interviewing and hiring of a HC?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Another post taken down.

Waiting for a reason Admins.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I didn't brake any of the rules with my first post. Dont understand why it was taken down.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:57 pm Another post taken down.

Waiting for a reason Admins.
Talk to Matt. Don't blame us. We mods didn't do it.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Game day wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:28 pm Where does CG stand on the interviewing and hiring of a HC?
Next CG school board meeting is Monday Jan. 28th at 5pm. I would assume a new coach may be hired then.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Need to get this done in case there is a ripple effect

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:12 am Need to get this done in case there is a ripple effect
ripple effect as in?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

hsfbfan wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:49 am
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:12 am Need to get this done in case there is a ripple effect
ripple effect as in?
I case the new coach is a current coach at another school. Then that school would have to start the same process all over. A lot of coaching openings right now , some will be moving schools

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

That’s what I thought you meant. I just wanted clarification. Thx.

tkd325
Waterboy

Post by tkd325 »

Personally, I would love to see Jamie Rice get the coaching position.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

A certain school has been recently contacted asking for references pertaining to a certain coach. Back to the Future time at CG.

Return to “Football”