All Conference

Re: Zane Trace vs Johnstown-Monroe

Post by HamPorter »

Give me a shot clock ASAP

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

It's all about match ups. If a team has few players and gets a lead against a bigger team that packs it in with a zone defense I say work clock and settle for nothing but a layup or a foul to pull them out. It's worked great for decades and is as old as the game. You play whatever allows you the best match ups and chance to win.I love a coach that evolves each year to coach as the team deems necessary. Big strong team with skill players- pound it in.lo ng, lean athletic and fast press ,trap and press relentlessly. Small,skilled with good shooters- depends on matchups more with each game.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I guess I’m old fashioned. College, in many cases, is just like watching the NBA. I’d much rather watch a high school game. I like the fact that the coaches coach, and it isn’t always the best or most physical team wins.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mikepike wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:39 am I guess I’m old fashioned. College, in many cases, is just like watching the NBA. I’d much rather watch a high school game. I like the fact that the coaches coach, and it isn’t always the best or most physical team wins.
Nothing wrong with being old fashioned! But I’d still classify NBA and college real basketball. That’s just me tho. I don’t mind a slower pace at times but honestly high school wouldn’t have to implement a 24 second clock. They could go with a 40 second clock which would speed up the game but still allow teams to stall just not for entire quarters.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:23 am
mikepike wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:39 am I guess I’m old fashioned. College, in many cases, is just like watching the NBA. I’d much rather watch a high school game. I like the fact that the coaches coach, and it isn’t always the best or most physical team wins.
Nothing wrong with being old fashioned! But I’d still classify NBA and college real basketball. That’s just me tho. I don’t mind a slower pace at times but honestly high school wouldn’t have to implement a 24 second clock. They could go with a 40 second clock which would speed up the game but still allow teams to stall just not for entire quarters.
I think if the shot clock happens, then it will likely be in the 35 to 40 second variety, which I would accept.

Return to “Boys Basketball”