Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

Post by pfloyd »

Logan held Mt.Vernon to 10 points in the 2nd half of play - Defense, Defense and more defense ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:31 pm Logan held Mt.Vernon to 10 points in the 2nd half of play - Defense, Defense and more defense ...
Logan can play some ridiculously good team defense!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:36 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:31 pm Logan held Mt.Vernon to 10 points in the 2nd half of play - Defense, Defense and more defense ...
Chieftain2009 ... I was trying to listen to the radio guys to hear how many TOs Logan had - they have been taking really good care of the ball in the last 3 games - I think it was 5,5 and 10 turnovers coming into tonight ... pretty good formula for winning - limit your own TOs to 10 or less, hold the opponent to 30-40 points per game = W's ... I was worried about the 8 day layoff due to the weather issues of late BUT a stifling D will put those worries to bed LOL ... good stuff ... Goooooo Purple !!! (implied Bias) ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Anyone can have good and bad shooting nights, and every team is going to experience that at one time or another. Playing good tough team defense, is what sets Logan apart from a lot of other teams. Logan can score the ball on offense if need be, but they seem to really enjoy playing defense as well.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:02 pm Anyone can have good and bad shooting nights, and every team is going to experience that at one time or another. Playing good tough team defense, is what sets Logan apart from a lot of other teams. Logan can score the ball on offense if need be, but they seem to really enjoy playing defense as well.
... listening the radio - Logan struggled offensively (8 day layoff can do that which is what worried me going into this one) ... sounded like they picked up 3 or 4 transition buckets (one a Bo Myers throw down) ... a smart TEAM, a defensive minded TEAM, they ALL know their roles ... Logan is a quality TEAM (more pfloyd bias showing) ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern Brown 63
Williamsburg 49

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:45 pm
Chieftain2009 ... I was trying to listen to the radio guys to hear how many TOs Logan had - they have been taking really good care of the ball in the last 3 games - I think it was 5,5 and 10 turnovers coming into tonight ... pretty good formula for winning - limit your own TOs to 10 or less, hold the opponent to 30-40 points per game = W's ... I was worried about the 8 day layoff due to the weather issues of late BUT a stifling D will put those worries to bed LOL ... good stuff ... Goooooo Purple !!! (implied Bias) ...
To answer your thought about the number of TO's for Logan, they only had 8 in the game last night. Something that Logan does as well as or better than anyone else is play defense and take care of the ball.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Pfloyd your letting them get to you......keep up the good work my friend, without you and the great posters this would just be another scores and highlights board, you all provide great insight and eye tst knowledge, thats what this thread is all about

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:09 am
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:45 pm

To answer your thought about the number of TO's for Logan, they only had 8 in the game last night. Something that Logan does as well as or better than anyone else is play defense and take care of the ball.
... awesome - not an easy task (staying under 10 TOs when teams try to pressure you so much) ... 8 is outstanding ... when you have a group of heady basketball players who can ALL handle the ball, make good decision with the ball, and pass the ball as they do these are the numbers you will have - under 10 TOs - when you take care of the ball it keeps the opposition from getting easy transition buckets, keeps YOU in control defensively as you're not having to scramble back, out of position, without numbers to defend and more importantly you get "shots on goal" ... an impressive group of players for the Chiefs ... thanks Chieftain2009 !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pa Trojan wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:40 am Pfloyd your letting them get to you......keep up the good work my friend, without you and the great posters this would just be another scores and highlights board, you all provide great insight and eye tst knowledge, thats what this thread is all about
... Pa Trojan ! not to worry ! I don't know how to "just post a score" LOL !!! sort of like someone who "you can't keep from talking" - I can't "just watch a game" - I HAVE TO analyze what I've seen - which means I need information hence the napkin stats that I do/keep on the games I go to see LOL ... I don't mind being "disagreed with" but when someone decides THEY KNOW ME when they are clueless - means I will type what's on my mind in return 2,3,4 times before I finally delete it before posting it LOL THEN I take the high road and just brush it off ... move on ... and keep doing what I do LOL ...

... probably the best thing to do is ignore them, not give them my time ... just move on ... as I said it's all good ... AND because I do know that there are people out there who do give my posts a read - which is greatly appreciated - I'll keep doing what I'm doing until I can't ... thanks my PA friend !

General knowledge
Waterboy

Post by General knowledge »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:04 am
General knowledge wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:50 pm Pfloyd is so bias. He goes to one Sheridan game and thinks he knows it all. Caught them on a bad night. Watch more basketball other than the southeast. You must have forgotten the MVL produced a state championship a couple years ago. The league is always tough at the top(John Glenn, Tri Valley, Sheridan, Maysville, Morgan). I bet most southeast teams wouldn’t go better than 500 against it.
Since you're a Sheridan fan maybe you'll finally answer the question.

Where did Amere Royster go from last year?
Amere was a foster child that turned 18 and decided to go back to Newark. He is not playing basketball any longer.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

General knowledge wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:46 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:04 am
General knowledge wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:50 pm Pfloyd is so bias. He goes to one Sheridan game and thinks he knows it all. Caught them on a bad night. Watch more basketball other than the southeast. You must have forgotten the MVL produced a state championship a couple years ago. The league is always tough at the top(John Glenn, Tri Valley, Sheridan, Maysville, Morgan). I bet most southeast teams wouldn’t go better than 500 against it.
Since you're a Sheridan fan maybe you'll finally answer the question.

Where did Amere Royster go from last year?
Amere was a foster child that turned 18 and decided to go back to Newark. He is not playing basketball any longer.
Thank You

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

How many of those kids are currently playing for John Glenn off that state championship team? Has nothing to do with this season.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:24 pm
How many of those kids are currently playing for John Glenn off that state championship team? Has nothing to do with this season.
Not sure if any. They had a ton of seniors last year, including a couple who were rotation guys. And their coach retired.

So, of course they are still really good.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Actually, if you go back and look at the history of the DII Logan sectional, Sheridan has a reputation for falling short of expectations.

But, this year has nothing to do with those teams, just like the John Glen team has nothing to do with this years teams in the MVL.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Just keep doing what you do Pfloyd, the greatist achievement your poll creates, the added information posted by other posters, information you cant receive any where else

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

I don't post on here, but I always look forward to looking at Pfloyd's rankings. Keep up the great work!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

CGHornet55 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:06 pm I don't post on here, but I always look forward to looking at Pfloyd's rankings. Keep up the great work!
... thanks CGHornet55 ! sounds like I have at least 2 readers of the Elite 8 !!! LOL - greatly appreciated ...

... going to head down to Glouster this evening to see Howie - Coach Caldwell's 10-2 Trimble Tomcats vs South Gallia ... I try to make sure that I see Coach Caldwell's THS boyz at least once during the regular season - and has always been the case so it seems - I will run into Howie & Co. at the Convo as well ... South Gallia has a nice record coming into tonight as well at 11-5 ... hope they have roster sheets tonight ! - if not I'll head for the scorers' table to get a pic of each teams roster ... we'll "git 'r done" one way or the other ! everyone be safe out there tonight in your hoops travels!!! ...

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:29 pm
CGHornet55 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:06 pm I don't post on here, but I always look forward to looking at Pfloyd's rankings. Keep up the great work!
... thanks CGHornet55 ! sounds like I have at least 2 readers of the Elite 8 !!! LOL - greatly appreciated ...

... going to head down to Glouster this evening to see Howie - Coach Caldwell's 10-2 Trimble Tomcats vs South Gallia ... I try to make sure that I see Coach Caldwell's THS boyz at least once during the regular season - and has always been the case so it seems - I will run into Howie & Co. at the Convo as well ... South Gallia has a nice record coming into tonight as well at 11-5 ... hope they have roster sheets tonight ! - if not I'll head for the scorers' table to get a pic of each teams roster ... we'll "git 'r done" one way or the other ! everyone be safe out there tonight in your hoops travels!!! ...
2? lol

It's always the most viewed thread each week by far.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mattash wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:34 pm
pfloyd wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:29 pm

2? lol

It's always the most viewed thread each week by far.
Yeah, but every evening from 10-11 pfloyd clickson his thread, then back off again. Claims to get about 200 views a night just by doing that

Return to “Boys Basketball”