Tyler Gerald

wipala
Varsity

Tyler Gerald

Post by wipala »

What became of the young man that played at Sciotoville then to IMG in Flordia.Did he make it to collage ball?

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Big Boy

Post by mattash »

He went to OSU not sure where he is now.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

wipala wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 pm What became of the young man that played at Sciotoville then to IMG in Flordia.Did he make it to collage ball?
That would be Mr. Tyler Gerald. He signed with Ohio State but left the program. An internet search yields no college football activity since. Maybe someone else has better knowledge.

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2017/ ... ship-limit

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I have read two separate reports one said he left the team, and the other says he was dismissed from the team at OSU. Not really sure of which is true.

The only big kid that East had Scott was a redshirt at WVU, and if still there I believe could compete for a starting role this year or next.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wipala wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 pm What became of the young man that played at Sciotoville then to IMG in Flordia.Did he make it to collage ball?
He did go to OSU and left, I asked a buddy of mine a few months back and he said last he seen he was working at auto parts store in wheelersburg.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I too had heard he had left the program, but didn't know if he transferred elsewhere or not. if you are good enough to sign with ohio state as a lineman when the can choose any player anywhere. then I hope the young man takes advantage of taking another shot at it somewhere. and I wish him nothing but luck.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

thanks for the info. I remember at one time he was a top prospect...too bad

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I think a combination of things took place....high school big fish small pond, along with some players competition can bring out the best in them to where others competition breaks them. Not saying he was a bad player.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Wonder why not try at OU or Marshall? At least try to get your education paid for for a couple years. Get your degree amd move on. He definitely had some talent.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I don't think people realized that this kid could be playing and heading to the NFL. He wasn't just big, he was very athletic. Not sure but I think he may have got into some trouble up at OSU and didn't pan out but he is talented.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Is he back in Portsmouth? Athens has had coaches kids be great at D1 but others have turned down full rides because they know the amount of time it takes. Hopefully he tries again at Marshall

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

To share the unpopular opinion in the room...

Playing college football ain't a hell of a lot of fun. It's a lot more like work, and if you don't absolutely need/love the game, it's easy to say "enough of this," and move on.

I played three seasons in a a D3 program in the early 90s, and even then and at that level, the schedule was demanding. I left a year of eligibility on the table because it wasn't a lot of fun anymore.

It wasn't that I didn't still want to play (I played nine years of semi-pro after that) or still love the game (I still coach). But other things became more important.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:26 pm I don't think people realized that this kid could be playing and heading to the NFL. He wasn't just big, he was very athletic. Not sure but I think he may have got into some trouble up at OSU and didn't pan out but he is talented.
I hope he lands on his feet and gets another shot somewhere. would love to see him in the mac, at cincy, or marshall.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:23 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:26 pm I don't think people realized that this kid could be playing and heading to the NFL. He wasn't just big, he was very athletic. Not sure but I think he may have got into some trouble up at OSU and didn't pan out but he is talented.
I hope he lands on his feet and gets another shot somewhere. would love to see him in the mac, at cincy, or marshall.
Totally agree Bait! Hate to see talent wasted.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

madpolecat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:08 am To share the unpopular opinion in the room...

Playing college football ain't a hell of a lot of fun. It's a lot more like work, and if you don't absolutely need/love the game, it's easy to say "enough of this," and move on.

I played three seasons in a a D3 program in the early 90s, and even then and at that level, the schedule was demanding. I left a year of eligibility on the table because it wasn't a lot of fun anymore.

It wasn't that I didn't still want to play (I played nine years of semi-pro after that) or still love the game (I still coach). But other things became more important.
Not sure why you think it'd be the unpopular opinion in the room. What you mention is the absolute truth with these kids moving on to play collage ball. It is a full-time job not to mention trying to get to classes to get the most important thing and that's the education. Many many players have walked away from the sport in college because of the time demands of it all. Practice in the morning and evening and get the weight lifting in on top of that in the same day. It's not the unpopular opinion, it's 100% the truth if you are one that has played or know guys who have gone on to play at the college level they'll tell you the same.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Tyler Gerald

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Last time I seen him he was working at auto zone in burg. I agree such a wasted talent. I would love to see him get another shot maybe at uc, marshall or ou. Get his name out there and maybe get a shot at the AFL and go from there

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:16 am Last time I seen him he was working at auto zone in burg. I agree such a wasted talent. I would love to see him get another shot maybe at uc, marshall or ou. Get his name out there and maybe get a shot at the AFL and go from there
Totally agree!

blackraider
Riding the Bench

Post by blackraider »

Was 2nd best lineman on that East team.

The voice of the PEOPLE
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

blackraider wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:32 pm Was 2nd best lineman on that East team.
Who was better? Blaine?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

ravensfan09 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:11 pm
blackraider wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:32 pm Was 2nd best lineman on that East team.
Who was better? Blaine?
No way in hell was blaine better. He was good don’t get me wrong but he wasn’t as good as Tyler

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”