Meigs Head Baseball Coach Search

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Meigs Head Baseball Coach Search

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Fonzie wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:51 am I vote to give the man a chance before he gets run down the road on here.
Agree. (One of the moderators must have removed the one and only post from "x factor" degrading Britt before he even stepped foot on the diamond).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
swaggy7
Waterboy

Post by swaggy7 »

Britt are you kidding me went to high school with the guy couldnt catch a ball to save his life. Good luck to him though love him like a brother.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

ultimate warrior wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:32 pm Played high school ball with Britt and I have one thing to say about him. What a shame he was hired as a varsity baseball coach. Dad always said not to trust Britt as far as you can throw him and now I see why. Britt could honestly not even walk and chew gum at the same time in high school. They should've looked harder before hiring this guy to coach a varsity team. Back in school we said on thing about Britt. Send him back to the streets where he belongs. Maybe he'll be Meigs County's next commissioner too. Would be a shame if he gets it over Judge Crow or Swanny.
Thought Swanny's biggest fan was Swanny? Talk about non athletic and still wishing it was 81 and wearing a letterman jacket. He did alright with softball so I guess you don't have to be very good at sports back in the day to be an ok coach.

Maroon and gold
Waterboy

Post by Maroon and gold »

What's your beef with Britt? The guy is first class and cares about kids. You don't need to come here running your pipes about what happened in 1981. Those days are long gone.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Maroon and gold wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:26 pm What's your beef with Britt? The guy is first class and cares about kids. You don't need to come here running your pipes about what happened in 1981. Those days are long gone.
No beef with Britt and think hes a good guy. I was taking jab at Ultimate Warrior who has been bashing Britt from day one about his athletic ability and character but in same breath talking up Swanny's greatness. I was trying to state that Swanny wasnt a great athlete "back in the day" and sometimes I think he wishes it still was 1981 but he ended up being a decent softball coach. So maybe because you weren't great "back in the day" he can still be a very good coach.

Maroon and gold
Waterboy

Post by Maroon and gold »

My bad. Thanks

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Who will play the middle infield this year?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Don't you love when people will hide behind a computer screen and mouth a guy. I would suggest not typing anything you wouldn't say to his face. Not sure what you have against Britt, but I doubt any of us care. Wish him luck and move on.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

ultimate warrior wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:06 pm
sandstorm23 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 am Who will play the middle infield this year?
Probably drew Dodson since his daddy’s the coach
Should we start naming all the kids (both boys/girls) that played any Varsity sports in high school while their father was the head coach ? I believe you would find quite a long list just in Southeast Ohio over the decades let alone outside the region , state or nationally.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:07 am
sandstorm23 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 am Who will play the middle infield this year?
Should we start naming all the kids (both boys/girls) that played any Varsity sports in high school while their father was the head coach ? I believe you would find quite a long list just in Southeast Ohio over the decades let alone outside the region , state or nationally.
Well, Coach Dodson took on the job and was apparently the most qualified to coach. If people have a problem with his choices, maybe they should have coached themselves. Andrew is a pretty good ballplayer anyway. He will definitely be needed to pitch at the varsity level.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:10 pm

Well, Coach Dodson took on the job and was apparently the most qualified to coach. If people have a problem with his choices, maybe they should have coached themselves. Andrew is a pretty good ballplayer anyway. He will definitely be needed to pitch at the varsity level.
With the pitch count rule brought in a couple years ago, varsity needs all the pitchers they can get, doesn't matter the grade. Younger kids could really benefit from those non league starts or innings. Once they are juniors and seniors, they will have gained some great experience. Keep in mind, those same kids can go back down to JV and play when they are not needed at varsity level.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:21 pm

With the pitch count rule brought in a couple years ago, varsity needs all the pitchers they can get, doesn't matter the grade. Younger kids could really benefit from those non league starts or innings. Once they are juniors and seniors, they will have gained some great experience. Keep in mind, those same kids can go back down to JV and play when they are not needed at varsity level.
Very true Fonzie. Was just talking about this today actually. JV baseball might be a thing of the past for most programs in the near future unles they just pitch kids who aren't really pitchers.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm
Fonzie wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:21 pm

Very true Fonzie. Was just talking about this today actually. JV baseball might be a thing of the past for most programs in the near future unles they just pitch kids who aren't really pitchers.
I wouldn't say JV is a thing of the past, but the dynamics of it has changed and will continue to change. If you have the numbers, you have to have a place for those kids to play and develop. Otherwise, varsity will eventually be hurt. Having to throw some kids they haven't pitched in the past, could help find some diamonds in the rough while they are younger, which could eventually help at the varsity level.

Return to “Baseball”