Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

HamPorter wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:44 am Probably because hard work and toughness are things that parents in Piketon don’t like coaches to impart on their kids. If you put in more work on video gmes than you do at basketball, those parents think you should still get reworded with playing time.
🎤. Here I think you dropped this. Lol

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:19 pm It's early in the process but I've already heard of 2 coaches that will be applying. One is a surprise to me, so maybe that's just smoke and mirrors. But this source has been reliable in the past. I will not give the names until they've officially applied as that would not be the right thing to do. I'm also sure that Piketon is in no immediate hurry to even accept applications yet as this should drag out for a couple months. I will say that one of the two has been mentioned in this thread, the other has not.

So now that I've stirred the pot, enjoy the rest of your day :D

Here’s a little more stirring. One has more hair than the other one.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It’ll be Barrick as Little’s 2nd interview won’t go well

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I’ll just say I would be very shocked if Barrick stays at Eastern. I’m not saying he would go to Piketon but he took the job at Eastern because he did not want to coach in the SOC2 and he fought them moving up to the SOC2. Joining the SOC2 and losing the farm to graduation, I just dont see him sticking around. Does he apply at Piketon, I’d say so.
THAT IS ALL SPECULATION - but that’s what we do on this site.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:43 pm I’ll just say I would be very shocked if Barrick stays at Eastern. I’m not saying he would go to Piketon but he took the job at Eastern because he did not want to coach in the SOC2 and he fought them moving up to the SOC2. Joining the SOC2 and losing the farm to graduation, I just dont see him sticking around. Does he apply at Piketon, I’d say so.
I also think he applies but I doubt Piketon would hire him. If they do hire him it’ll end within 2 seasons

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:59 pm
smurray wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:43 pm I’ll just say I would be very shocked if Barrick stays at Eastern. I’m not saying he would go to Piketon but he took the job at Eastern because he did not want to coach in the SOC2 and he fought them moving up to the SOC2. Joining the SOC2 and losing the farm to graduation, I just dont see him sticking around. Does he apply at Piketon, I’d say so.
I also think he applies but I doubt Piketon would hire him. If they do hire him it’ll end within 2 seasons

M little do you think it will end because they run out of talent or are you saying both sides would grow tired of each other?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bobcat2015 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:46 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:59 pm

M little do you think it will end because they run out of talent or are you saying both sides would grow tired of each other?
I don’t think it would be a talent issue. Again, I’m not saying this to ruffle feathers it’s just my opinion that his old school style and personality would grow tiresome with parents and admin there. Not a good fit

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

🙄 It is quite laughable at some of the posts on here.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

metwct44 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:42 pm 🙄 It is quite laughable at some of the posts on here.
I wanted to catch you after the Unioto @ Piketon game but didn’t get the chance. Wanted to tell you I wasn’t sure your boy would make it back for basketball. It was good to see him out there and I’m glad he got to play. I’m sure it wasn’t an easy path back and glad he got rewarded with being healthy enough to finish the season. Also a little jealous of his hair.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Alot of speculation already about who’s going to replace Evan. We’ve had a good run of coaches lately, and I know all Red Streaks fans want that to continue.

I personally know nothing about Barrick and Person except what I read on here. I cannot see either coming here, but stranger things have happened. mlittle, to the chagrin of many, will not be the next coach. We might, however, Welcome him Back. 😂

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’ve already verbally applied and will be filling out an application.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:52 pm
metwct44 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:42 pm 🙄 It is quite laughable at some of the posts on here.
I wanted to catch you after the Unioto @ Piketon game but didn’t get the chance. Wanted to tell you I wasn’t sure your boy would make it back for basketball. It was good to see him out there and I’m glad he got to play. I’m sure it wasn’t an easy path back and glad he got rewarded with being healthy enough to finish the season. Also a little jealous of his hair.
He worked his tail off 7 days a week. Swore he would make it back for the second half of the season. 6 months out from an acl and meniscus. And yes. The hair is something to behold 😂

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

metwct44 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:56 pm
He worked his tail off 7 days a week. Swore he would make it back for the second half of the season. 6 months out from an acl and meniscus. And yes. The hair is something to behold 😂
I know we missed him in football like crazy. Glad he got to enjoy a little round ball. He gonna run track?

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:20 pm
metwct44 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:56 pm

I know we missed him in football like crazy. Glad he got to enjoy a little round ball. He gonna run track?
Baseball to hang with his buddies.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

For a guy who hates Piketon and couldn’t get away fast enough, you sure seemed consumed with talking about the program.

Something to think about! 😂😂

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:57 pm For a guy who hates Piketon and couldn’t get away fast enough, you sure seemed consumed with talking about the program.

Something to think about! 😂😂
I don’t hate Piketon. All the hatred has came from the other side not us. I’m Still very connected. Lived most of my life there, my wife and I both graduated from there, and both my kids spent half their lives there and I still own a home there which I still plan to visit in the summers! I hope my continued interest in a place I’ve spent most of my life doesn’t bother u. If so I apologize
Last edited by mlittle on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Quick reminder for you and I quote

Piketon is a Hellhole

Hatred from Piketon side? Most folks I talk to are thrilled that you are gone.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Well this one is heading south quick.....

Netcutter
Waterboy

Post by Netcutter »

I hate that this fine young coach is stepping down. I'm hearing from a reliable source that a former college coach may be applying.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:09 pm Quick reminder for you and I quote

Piketon is a Hellhole

Hatred from Piketon side? Most folks I talk to are thrilled that you are gone.
Best way I can explain how It, is like the ex that you break up with but you still have feelings for. Sometimes you say mean things but the love is still there and we’ll never be done with each other 🤷‍♂️

I’m guessing the final 3 applicants for this job will be:

Me
Miller
Barrick

Return to “Boys Basketball”